Author Topic: Roof liner removal and dye legacy gtb my96  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1996 legacy gtb sold/ 1998 Fozzy Stb/2005 wrx/2005 4runner limited
Roof liner removal and dye legacy gtb my96
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »
Thought i would post a how to anyways the head liner is not dyed yet it will be tomorrow so ill put up finished pics of it tomorrow with install.

Eta i did this all myself took me about 45 min depends on the person on how long this will take you.

Take both visors off there should be 3 screws that are Philips

Next take off handles should be 3 of them 2 screws in each i found the passenger side for where the screws are you had to pop it off then slide it as it is always connected no other way of getting to screw.

You should be left with this once all handles are off the 3 hole in front of the handle holes are for the cargo net where it clips into on the roof didnt take a pic of it but comes out with one screw

Seat belt time the rear ones are only ones you need to do just pull down the rubber a bit to expose the nut, screw it off and do same thing for other side.

Dome light in front just pop off lens to expose the  2 small screws, unscrew them and it should just fall off the whole housing then unclip the electrical plugs

Same goes for the center dome light just pop the shroud then unscrew both screws then unclip plug

There should be 2 retainer clips in roof liner just pop them out with a bit of force

When everything is off you'll need to pull back some of the pillar and shrouding around head liner just go slow and use a bit of force it is all held together with these clips you see here just pull towards you and they will come undone i used a flat head with cloth around it to not scratch anything helped pop them out easier

i popped out all of the tabs at top of headliner and sides and only popped out tabs to about half way on pillars in all corners then just wiggled the liner out with a bit of persuasion easier with 2 people, you can take off all the pillars and shrouding if you want.

there it is all removed and here it is all dyed it looks light grey in pic but its actually really dark in person i used a flash so thats why it looks light

Offline Jarrod

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Roof liner removal and dye legacy gtb my96
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:25:19 pm »
What did you do to dye it?  I've picked up some of the duplicolour vinyl and carpet dye and it's worked really well so far on the trim pieces I've done.  I was definitely thinking of spraying it on the roof liner as I dislike the tan colour everywhere heh.

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1996 legacy gtb sold/ 1998 Fozzy Stb/2005 wrx/2005 4runner limited
Re: Roof liner removal and dye legacy gtb my96
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:57:08 pm »
i used dupli color as well the stuff in the can for vinyl and fabric