Author Topic: The end is near.  (Read 10897 times)

Offline Mr Crowley

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02' WRX Wagon
Long time no post and the beginning of the end.
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 04:18:44 pm »
Hey folks Long time no updates. Caught up in the whirlwind of life I guess. Got married, bought a house, got a real job, etc etc. I was feeling a little nostalgic about posting on WSC since I committed to buying a new Ranger and it's been two years since I've posted an update. The end is nigh for my WRX days. The cars got 280xxx on it, and blows a teeny bit of blue smoke under WOT now. So a replacement is in the works, a small truck to help with the BC fire roads, yes a WRX is pretty good, but it doesn't quite cut the mustard when I wanna shuttle with more than 2 bikes. So i'm gonna post a project and call it quits, for real. Maybe..

Here's a bike rack I made that I never posted about.

I built it many moons ago and normally would've shared when it was done, but I've been busy riding my freakin bike! haha. Anyways, built two receivers that mount on the two bolts on either side of the car that the hitch mounts would normally go. Then it comes straight out from the two points and it's super solid. 0 play while bombing up fire roads. I love it. Expensive bikes stay secure, and I can still drive a little hard while headed up some fire road in the middle of nowhere.

Have a garage now, the WRX doesn't like it, it's been and outside car for it's whole life. I cleaned it awhile back, to make it feel better about the change. Still looks decent for an old girl. Except now she smells like fuel when it's cold out again, those damn fuel lines. The debate, pull the manifold again and run the right type of fuel lines with the right type of clamps this time, or pray she lights on fire and burns in the most outrageous goodbye fire. That truck better come soon...

I love this car, the big question is once I have a new ride, what to do with her. I doubt I'll work on her if I have a brand new beast to play with. Can you even sell a car with 280xxx on it that farts blue smoke when you tromp on it? I mean, it still pulls strong, I'm still ocd about oil changes and maintenance and I doubt it's going to pop anytime soon, but who really knows these things. I thought about keeping it for a winter beater, but the new ride has all the winter comforts, programmable remote start, heated seats, climate control, and I think it might even have some fancy wiper de-icer, whatever that is. I'm having some pretty first world problems here. Then there's the real problem, are the Ranger forums going to be great as WSC? Doubt it, do I just start a Ranger thread here? Stay tuned, haha, and thanks WSC.

Offline SubieRoo

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Is slow. And beaten up..
Re: The end is near.
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 09:24:46 pm »
Let's hear more about the bikes and trails you ride!

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:01 am »
Sweet rack!
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »
Drive it into the ground. No mods. That rack is dope. I love the green.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:51 pm »
I suggest rallying it into the ground.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2019, 09:32:45 am »
I suggest rallying it into the ground.
Oh hey, it's RTP.
You two have such similar cars and interests you've effectively morphed into the same person in my mind. Only difference being I'm pretty sure he doesn't chase dick though... at least, not mine.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2019, 11:20:36 am »
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline Mr Crowley

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02' WRX Wagon
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2019, 05:18:01 pm »

Nice!

Oh hey, it's RTP.
You two have such similar cars and interests you've effectively morphed into the same person in my mind. Only difference being I'm pretty sure he doesn't chase dick though... at least, not mine.
There's a "one time in my garage" story here....

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2019, 07:51:37 pm »
at least, not mine.

Honestly didn't think you were interested.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.