Author Topic: 2002 wrx rally car  (Read 12889 times)

Offline kold911

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2014 forester XT, 1/2 of a 2003 wrx
Re: 2002 wrx rally car
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:16 am »
Im running open class already so production is out of the cars spec before i even took the project over

I think you missed my point..

NO matter what class you are in, seat time will do more than extra power. Another example, the Sprongl brothers were on the podium multiple times with a ~100hp suzuki swift (that was only ~3-4 years ago) at the national events. Mind you, those guys have crazy skills, but it proves that a lot of the current cars are not driven to their potential. Yes I understand money has a lot to do with it, but it's more about spending money wisely.

I went from an 02 wrx wagon (stage 2), to a 98 RS, basically chopped the hp in half. I find I am making less mistakes because it is forcing me to be smoother and plan ahead more.

Another consideration, is anti-lag isn't cheap. It is VERY hard on the engine/turbo/etc. So you maintenance costs will definitely go up.
Jeff

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 02 wrx rally car 2013 Ram 2500 diesel (tow rig)2007 zx6r 2007 m8
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2013, 06:49:53 pm »
I think you missed my point..

NO matter what class you are in, seat time will do more than extra power. Another example, the Sprongl brothers were on the podium multiple times with a ~100hp suzuki swift (that was only ~3-4 years ago) at the national events. Mind you, those guys have crazy skills, but it proves that a lot of the current cars are not driven to their potential. Yes I understand money has a lot to do with it, but it's more about spending money wisely.

I went from an 02 wrx wagon (stage 2), to a 98 RS, basically chopped the hp in half. I find I am making less mistakes because it is forcing me to be smoother and plan ahead more.

Another consideration, is anti-lag isn't cheap. It is VERY hard on the engine/turbo/etc. So you maintenance costs will definitely go up.

Nope didnt miss it at all i know i the only way to be fast is seat time i could have antoine evo and he could drive your rs and likely be faster than im.... The reason why i want that version 6 ra 444 dccd is that i can play with diff and it will let me use a hydraulic hand brake the twinscroll is long therm kind of putting the word out there so if parts come up people think about me plan is to run the car as is for 2014 else than tranny
ALL GO NO SHOW

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Nissan Juke Nismo, Nissan Frontier,Fix - Cronus Rally MSport R2
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
Come by the trailer if you ever need any help with anything during the event if not hit us up for lunch we usaully have more than we need and pass it out to the neighboring team .

Also feel to hit me up if you ever need some help prepping the car for events.

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »
Come by the trailer if you ever need any help with anything during the event if not hit us up for lunch we usaully have more than we need and pass it out to the neighboring team .

Sure will keep you in mind calgary little far but hey sometimes you got to do what you got to doo
ALL GO NO SHOW

Offline Way-do

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 Focus ST
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »

Or rent LLTR a house and park the car on a hoist nearby ;)  Seriously, swing by if you need help.  We are usually pretty high in the start order and might be able to lend a hand in emergencies in service if you're 20-30min back.

Also, consider buying a hoist and a descent compressor, and take some welding classes.  This is my new advice to everyone.

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2013, 07:01:40 pm »
Hey guys now getting ready for new season in 2014 trying to get my butt out east for perceneige but at this time vacation arent working awesome ....

I will have my transmission in the car in the near future probably mid january if i can find a diff

I was wondering anyone good here to install a hydrolic hand brake which brand should i go with I am mechanicaly inclined but not sure how to go with this...

Will be taking the car out of the trailer here soon since the rally school in edmonton and the rallycross i havent done nothing

Thanks for the info and looking for people around edmonton to do the work trying to avoid shop as there rate are stupid more than happy to pay member that knows what he is doing

Matt
ALL GO NO SHOW

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 06:07:16 am »
Confirmed going to Qc for Perce Neige rally 2014 need a co-pilot

Anyone else here going :)???

Hope car hold in one piece
ALL GO NO SHOW

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:16 pm »
So as some here know perce neige went to the can cause of work.

I am now ready to run cochrane rally the only problem i got is the god dam tire choice with only 14 rims itshard call to make may have figured it out but will see problem is i got 37 tires and only 14 wheels to put on the car and as some know cochrane rally is

Snow ice mud gravel slush all of the above will pull the car in the trailer in the morning and be ready to rock and roll

If you are at the rally come say hi to the hanuman rally team
ALL GO NO SHOW

Offline RS 99

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »
Oki now after the rally of cochrane and finishing 3 out of 3 rally 3 top 10 in open class... I was getting little pressure from our friend in PGT to switch from open to production as my car is almost production car.

I decided that my time in open class is done and im going to pgt

All mod that were on the car are subaru oem or easy switch for next event which is pfr i will have a pgt car anyone know a shop or some good guy on here i could trust to adjust my valves

Thanks
ALL GO NO SHOW