Author Topic: Stolen Black STi IV type r  (Read 1831 times)

Cowtowner

Stolen Black STi IV type r
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:02:04 am »
Hi guys,

Sorry to make this my first post but my Black IV type R was stolen yesterday in NW Calgary with plate bnn 2614.  His accomplice was in a silver gc8 four door.  Please let me know if run across it.  Black type r are quite rare.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Dr Beans

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 Canyon & 2001 STI
Re: Stolen Black STi IV type r
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:29:48 am »

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
Do you have any pictures of the car to share?

Cowtowner

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:25:54 pm »
The car was recovered today and an arrest made based upon a call from a cittizen who thought the thief was driving drunk.  My car sports a new small kick dent on the door and a cracked bumper plus lots of crack supplies inside the car.  Lots of minor damage but I can’t fully assess until later.  It is bittersweet to get you4 car back after it is stolen.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
Have you contacted the other person who had their car stolen as well? Perhaps these were two related incidents and this arrest can help them get their car back?

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:54 pm »
I'm glad it was found. Sorry about having to clean it out, that's going to suck :(

Cowtowner

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »
Garrett (the other guy with Silver gc8) and I have been in close contact.  I hope they find his car, my guess is that it is still in the ne.

Thanks for the comment about cleaning.  I am gong to take a leaf blower to it when it get warmer to clean the car.  I just found that they broke my console cup holder.  I am sure I will keep finding itshay as I slowly clean.

The car is not daily.  Garrett’s is his daily and much more important for them to find it.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 08:09:18 pm »
Can you sell the crack supplies to recover some of the cost to repair? 

jk

In all seriousness, if you live in the north, consider driving up to Airdrie to these guys should you decide you don't want to detail it yourself:

http://www.daleydetailing.com/index.html
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 08:16:52 pm »
Good to know that you've found it and are in contact with the other guy as well.

Best of luck with fixing everything and getting it back to the way you left it... It's really a shame people do this...

Cowtowner

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 08:30:52 pm »
Thanks for the advice and condolences.  I thought they were looking to chop our cars when I realized they were targeting gc8.  My car was a terrible driver since it had extreme summer tires.  I am surprise it only got a crack bumper and fog light cover.  I was sure it would be wrapped around a pole and hopefully that thieve in it.  Does any have any idea why they would take of th3 rear view mirror?

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 09:10:09 pm »
Does any have any idea why they would take of th3 rear view mirror?
Crackheads do stupid itshay. My buddy's truck got stolen in Red Deer and they spent probably a good half hour meticulously painting his white gas door black with a Sharpie marker.

Cowtowner

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 02:44:20 am »
Can anyone provide me with a picture of how the rear view mirror attaches to the roof.  I think the thief threw away a piece or pieces I need to reattach.  In addition, they broke the handle on my lower glove box.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »
Can anyone provide me with a picture of how the rear view mirror attaches to the roof.  I think the thief threw away a piece or pieces I need to reattach.  In addition, they broke the handle on my lower glove box.

I don't have a picture, but as far as I know, it should just be two screws holding it in place with a plastic covering on top of the screws. The covering sort of snaps into place, and you usually need a pry tool/screwdriver to get it off before removing the screws.

If you post pictures of what you have, it would be easier for more people to comment.