Author Topic: 07 impreza 2.5i  (Read 1531 times)

Offline k-wong88

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 07 impreza 2.5i
07 impreza 2.5i
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:06:39 pm »
so i got a extra ej253 with a bottom end problem lady drove it dry, has anybody heard anything good or bad about importperformanceparts.net
because i want to order a HP engine kit it comes with:

Subaru 16V SOHC
Impreza '99-10
Legacy '99-10
Outback '99-10
Forester '01-10
Baja '03-10
Engine
Code    Stock
Bore    Includes:    Kit #/Price
EJ251/252/253/259    99.5mm    Complete Gasket Set
MLS Head Gasket
Wiseco Forged Pistons
     STD (99.5mm)
     .020 (100mm)
     8.5-1,9-1,10.5-1,11.5-1 CR
Plasma Moly Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA Main Bearings
TOGA Rod Bearings
Timing Belt    EKSSUSMPX
$949

an doing the top end with supertech parts

do you think its worth doing that since it is a free engine an im driving a 07 impreza 2.5i also if i do do this im planning on ordering the AVO turbo kit they got for 2.5i

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Re: 07 impreza 2.5i
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
my question is.... why?

why spend the money on it? If you want a turbo car, buy a turbo car.

the EJ251 wasn't meant to take boost, and, while you certainly can boost it, you're not going to get anywhere near the boost levels that you could with an EJ255, Ej257 or EJ207, meaning you wont get anywhere near the power.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »
Z is right. I had an 08. Was planning to make it a really cool impreza but after thinking about it logically, and financially, it was actually considerably cheaper and easier to buy a turboed platform and play off that than to start with one that wasn't designed for it.

With the wrx, and the mods I put in to make it stage 2, it's still less than what I would have paid to make the impreza close to what the wrx is now.

I can still make it go more. With the impreza, I would have pretty much maxed out here. Plus with a car that modded out, it may not be the most reliable car. Lots of attention and care.

But that's just my 2 cents

Oh and you'd still need...
Spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump, tune, clutch, probably should do your heads, valves, springs, get the block checked and cleaned, and from that list, you'd be missing also rods, and crank unless I'm blind... Etc

Sent from my LT30a

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline Jessy403

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • what what
  • Ride: 2009 STI
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:55:36 pm »
One of the only benefits of doing that would be able to say, "built, not bought." almost all of us will say it's not worth it. Nobody would know unless you point it out each time. I'm with the other guys. Buy a wrx or STi instead. You potentially get a better diff, brakes, transmission etc

Offline FLT-4-PWR

• Patchy Faced
  • " power to weight ratio is the key"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:52 am »
Ill give you some more advice... Since I to own 07 2.5i... I think build the car is sweet and really cool but I do agree with the gentle man above! I thought about the same thing.."lets turbo my car" although it would be sweet it's not reliable and power to money wise you'll be in the whole for for maybe WRX power after you turbo you car! I got reemed many times about wanting to boost my N/A and finally now realize its not smart! Rather save that money towards a turbo plate form already! Yes I have put money into my impreza but not a lot all but now the car is a lot more fun to drive! I did basic things... Lower.. Wheels.. Sticky tires.. RSB upgrade.. LWC pulley and a hybrid intake! The car is so much fun to drive... To an extent! But save you money and hassle and don't waste your time... It sucks but starting with a tubes platform is better! My two cent and good luck!
"in subaru i trust"