Author Topic: Oktoberfest 2008  (Read 1897 times)

pitwipe

Oktoberfest 2008
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:34:27 am »
I just got back from a trip to Munich... a business trip, but it just happened to coincide Oktoberfest. Same thing happened last year... very odd  ;)

Here's a snap of the HofbrÀuhaus. A very famous pub in Munich where Hitler started his polictical ambitions... great atmos!!!

Saw this chap climbing up a very ornate Gothic building. I tried to bring it home, but it wouldn't cooperate..

This was an actual sign outside a restaurant we passed while walking to the 'fest. We cracked up laughing!!!

Random dray horse, bring beer to the event...

Inside a beer tent at Oktoberfest. 1 of 12 onsite. This was about 3pm... things really kicked off about 7pm.

Random friendly girl....  ;)

Inbetween the beer tents was a funfair... with schanpps bars dotted about  ;D

Random badger...

It was a fantastic time, as always! I have a very funny video (if someone can host it? less than 1 meg) I took while standing on a table.. then falling off because I was too drunk! lol

;D

Offline TWRC

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2005 GRP Subaru Legacy GT LTD 5MT Wagon, Giant Anthem X2, Giant Simple Single
Re: Oktoberfest 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:33 am »
Awesome pics Pitwipe.

I love Munchen, one of my fave places in Europe.  Did you have the sausage platter at the Hofbrauhaus?  I was so sick after eating there, all of their so-called "platters" were big enough to feed a family of four.  Of course that didn't stop me from trying to finish everything on the plate!  LOL

The last time I was there we managed to hit a half-way party.  It was half way to Oktoberfest and I was walking in downtown Munich and stumbled across a thousand people drinking and cheering in the middle of the street!  Of course I joined and managed to smuggle a beer stein that I carried for about 4 weeks across Europe in my backpack...stupid idea.  HAHA

Prost,
TWRC

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:01:24 am »
I wondered where you'd ventured off too...

Love it when you can coordinate work with travel... I wonder if I can pull this off next month in DR...?

;)

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

pitwipe

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:45:42 am »
Awesome pics Pitwipe.

I love Munchen, one of my fave places in Europe.  Did you have the sausage platter at the Hofbrauhaus?

Prost,
TWRC

I did have the sausage platter!!! Awesome food. My favourite has to be the Schweinehaxen I had at the Weisses Brauhaus though.. a lovely lump of pig!!! lol

^ not my pic, just found it on the interwebs to show what Schweinehaxen looks like.

I love Munich!!! It's like stepping back in time to the middle ages.  :o Fantastic!

Offline Apex403

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 04:43:43 pm »
Very jealous. I was supposed to go this year, but my dog used up all of my vacation time and vacation money.

2 weeks worth of doctors visits and $3000 for an operation on her leg/knee... *sigh*, least shes worth it and all better.

Offline Jitenshakun

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:34:05 pm »
That looks like a heck of a vacation and I can't wait for the vids.
You aren't mistaken; this post was solid gold.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:42:12 pm »
Looks like a great time...now show us the falling down drunk vid :)

pitwipe

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50:22 pm »
hmmm, the video didn't transcode very well on youtube, and it's come out really jerky. The original is better quality... still here it is:

Myself and friends climb onto the table at about 21 seconds... then things get shakey around 28, then I fall at 32~33. You should be able to hear a scream from the girl I fell on! lol.

Offline jer

• Admin
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 WRX Wagon
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
I was wondering why we didn't have our daily NSFW posting ;)