Author Topic: Recommendations for Portland/Seattle  (Read 4789 times)

Offline NinjaFracman

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1997 vr3 JDM WRX
Re: Recommendations for Portland/Seattle
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 12:21:14 am »
bump

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:17 am »
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline greenturbo

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2013 WRX
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 10:38:41 am »
http://www.empmuseum.org/
FOR SURE!

check out the U district

and

http://www.undergroundtour.com/

Offline NinjaFracman

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1997 vr3 JDM WRX
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »
wondering some other thoughts on places to go also

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 01:27:36 pm »
My wife is still writing her summary of the trip, but here's some restaurant ideas:

Portland:
Farm - great lunch or dinner place... the homemade ravioli and the lamb meatballs were amazing dishes
Grilled Cheese Grill - Its a food cart that has a couple locations. Great Grilled Cheese Sandwhiches
Pine State Biscuits - AMAZING biscuits for breakfast. My wife had the large one (deluxe with the egg on top) and was so full that we had to sit on a bench outside for 30 minutes until she could walk
Eurotrash Food Cart - Its downtown in the mass of food carts surrounding a parking lot... it has great sandwiches. Although, try any of the food carts and im sure they're great.

For shopping, make sure you check out Alberta St, Hawthorne was nice, but my favourite area to walk was 23rd Ave. Great shops and a really nice neighbourhood for pubs etc.

Seattle:
Cafe Zoe - We went during restaurant week so it was a 3 course meal for $28. One of the best burgers I've ever had, the cheese-filled gnudi were great and so was the carrot cake dessert.
Eltana Bagels - Try their spreads... so good. And they make bagels the proper way
Obviously check out the Pike Place Market and grab some food there... the Beechers cheese has some great sharp cheddar and tasty cheese curds.

Seattle Premium Outlets are a bit of a drive out of town but well worth it. We picked up a Le Creuset baking dish for less than half ($180) what they cost here (>$400).

EMP was great but really busy with school trips and that kind of stuff. I enjoyed the Nirvana exhibit more than the Hendrix one.

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence