Author Topic: Slow Legacy GT [GONE]  (Read 11404 times)

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Your typical Asian driver
  • Ride: W164 BT, 02 C5Z06 Wasp
Re: Slow Legacy GT [Rumble sound with ELH??]
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 09:20:59 am »
Check your AVCS solenoids are connected properly and not leaking oil.. you have an AP? Try checking the AVCS angles to see if they change.
I had a cam angle sensor die on me causing rough idle and being doughy off the line. Finally the car went into limp mode.. might be your issue too.
I'd also check the wiring harnesses for the coils. If you can identify which cylinders mis-firing move the coil and see if the mis-fire moves.

You can always check for leaks the old fashioned way.. idle the engine and spray Carb Cleaner around all the gasket edges, vacuum hoses, etc. if the idle suddenly picks up or changes, you found your leak.

The car idles fine and pulls fine. I wish it didn't so it would help pin point the problem haha. There is no misfire codes and cylinder roughness is 0. It doesn't sound/feel like car is misfiring. Could it be I plugged the coil pack plugs wrong? I imagine the car wouldn't even run or idle if that's the case.

I do have an AP, AF learning is about +3.5%, which seems to suggest there is no leak or very small leak. I made a boost/vacuum leak tester, I will find time to pressurize the intake system and listen for leaks.

Offline Tezzating

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: STI powered '09 FXT
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 10:52:51 am »
Could be as simply as a leaking exhaust flange gasket or incorrectly torqued studs then. Did it have that backfire crackle before? I'd check for exhaust side leaks.
If the coils were off it'd idle like an old diesel and wouldnt run right at all.

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 11:58:23 am »
Could be as simply as a leaking exhaust flange gasket or incorrectly torqued studs then. Did it have that backfire crackle before? I'd check for exhaust side leaks.
If the coils were off it'd idle like an old diesel and wouldnt run right at all.
Thanks for the advice. I don't remember if the backfire crackle was there before, but it sounds cool haha. If the exhaust studs were torqued incorrectly, I think I'd feel air pulsing around the header flanges. The car is running well, maybe I am just tripping out about the sound.

Offline Tezzating

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: STI powered '09 FXT
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 08:33:24 am »
Smoke test is the easiest way to find if its an exhaust leak, and it'll find the intake leak too :) if its running otherwise fine I wouldnt trip on it

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Slow Legacy GT [Up FS Soon...]
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2017, 08:30:17 am »
Well... I think the time has come. After 5 years of fun with this car, it is time to get something else. I have tried to build this into a sleeper fun/track/DD double duty car, I think I have achieved that. Every time I drive the car I enjoy it. I know I will miss it. But I need to get something I can use for work. And the Legacy no longer has to do any track duty. I have put plenty of time and money into the car, I will have to think about how much is it realistically worth.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2017, 10:50:41 am »
Awe man :(  But your exhaust/IC/motor are so awesome. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2017, 12:19:37 pm »
Awe man :(  But your exhaust/IC/motor are so awesome.

They are awesome, but I'm not using the car to its full potential, it's time for someone else to enjoy it fully. I have been driving the car since winter, and I realized that I'm just cruising, I rarely get into boost at all. It's a waste using this car solely as a DD. It's still plenty fast and fun if I get on it, but it just does not come close to the Corvette (6.8L V8 and 3000 pounds can go pretty well...).

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Slow Legacy GT [Officially FS]
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 12:56:42 pm »
Sad moment, but the car is officially for sale. Here is the ad: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=53782.0

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Slow Legacy GT [Officially FS]
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »
Well, the car is gone. I had a chance to drive it one last time. It was a bitter sweet moment. I had poured a lot of time and money into the car to turn into the dual duty 4 door sedan I wanted, and I think it worked out just how I wanted it to be. The car was comfortable for DD, and came alive when driven hard. I've driven it on Stratotech, Castrol Raceway, and Roy's Lake, and it was great fun. I am sad to see it go, but I am glad it's going to a good home and it's replaced by two cars I like.

The market for these BP platform cars do not seem to be too great, and the current oil price certainly is not helping. Everybody knows about WRX and STI, and not many seem to know what is a Legacy GT. I mean, when I showed up to a wing's night, a couple people asked me what this is or if I even drive a Subaru... I've also had driving instructors asking me what this is. If you are curious, the final price was $11500 with both winter and summer sets. My biased opinion is it is a great car, and the new owner got a great deal.

/end

Offline SubieRoo

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Is slow. And beaten up..
Re: Slow Legacy GT [GONE]
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 06:33:24 pm »
I watched that FS thread a couple of times. Had I not been in the market for a larger vehicle, I'd likely jump on it - it's like the grown up version of the STi. Looks much more professional.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 10:03:14 pm »
New owner got a killer deal.  Congrats on the sale though. Onwards and upwards!

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 11:16:11 pm »
Thank you both very much. I feel I learnt a lot from this car, and gained a lot from this community. I do not own a Subaru any more but I will continue to be part of WSC. The LGT was a great car for "one car to do it all". But I am very fortunate to be in a better position than I was 5 years ago when I bought the LGT, I can have a DD and a fun car now.

Offline SubieRoo

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Is slow. And beaten up..
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2017, 04:25:15 pm »
... patiently awaiting newest build thread for 22B bought as project car...

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 11:37:02 pm »
... patiently awaiting newest build thread for 22B bought as project car...

Wut?  For real?  When I said

Onwards and upwards!

I wasn't expecting the stratosphere. 

Is this for real, for real?

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:04 am »
Wut?  For real?  When I said

I wasn't expecting the stratosphere. 

Is this for real, for real?

A 22B replica would be nice, but I think I want to try other cars for a while. Maybe I'll eventually get back into a Subaru, when I want to do ice racing or try rally.

The current projects are tracked here:
2002 C5 Z06 aka Wasp: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=50915.0
2007 XC70 aka Slovo: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=53743.0

With that said, I think this thread can be closed. If anybody has any question about the stuff this thread touched on, feel free to PM me. I'll still be around. Thank you all for the support.

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2019, 08:49:03 am »
Alright. This is unlocked.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2019, 09:44:51 am »
Alright. This is unlocked.

Did you buy it back?

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline vincent275

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 03 Lexus LS430, 17 Porsche Boxster S
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2019, 10:50:42 pm »
let's say that the car is bought by a long term forum lurker, who will end up driving it less than deserved again