Author Topic: Insanely narrow rules for FS ads  (Read 5925 times)

Offline snakeman

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: The Matrix
Re: Insanely narrow rules for FS ads
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 11:40:35 am »
I think it gets a little out of control sometimes jumping all over the new members because their ad doesn't follow these strict rules. The rules should be more like a suggested template for a successful FS ad.

Some people around here like to talk about how WSC is a community, how incomplete FS ads hurt the community, etc yet they are telling other members "there's the door" if they don't like it? And people are being openly mocked  and threatened in their FS ads? That's not very welcoming to new members, and is turning people away if anything.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:34 am »
I think ... The rules should be more like a suggested template for a successful FS ad.

FYI, "suggested" != "rule".

Some people around here like to talk about how WSC is a community, how incomplete FS ads hurt the community, etc yet they are telling other members "there's the door" if they don't like it? And people are being openly mocked  and threatened in their FS ads? That's not very welcoming to new members, and is turning people away if anything.

WSC is clearly a desert filled with tumbleweed:
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 11:56:47 am »
If the rules are just suggestions, there's no point in having them as they're no longer rules. Are speed limits mere suggestions?

Yes, I told a member "there's the door" because that applies to everyone. Don't like the way WSC works? There's the door. Nobody is keeping you here. There are certainly aspects of WSC I don't like, which is why I'm on other forums as well. Saying "oh my god, this site sucks, I'm never coming back" is the internet equivalent of slamming the door on your parents and yelling "I'm running away" expecting them to come after you. We're all adults here and if someone wants to play the passive aggressive, prima donna game, I'll gladly pull the rug out from under them. 
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 12:01:43 pm »
If the rules are just suggestions, there's no point in having them as they're no longer rules. Are speed limits mere suggestions?

Yes, I told a member "there's the door" because that applies to everyone. Don't like the way WSC works? There's the door. Nobody is keeping you here. There are certainly aspects of WSC I don't like, which is why I'm on other forums as well. Saying "oh my god, this site sucks, I'm never coming back" is the internet equivalent of slamming the door on your parents and yelling "I'm running away" expecting them to come after you. We're all adults here and if someone wants to play the passive aggressive, prima donna game, I'll gladly pull the rug out from under them. 

And then they send the snake boy after you.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 12:07:47 pm »
Saying "oh my god, this site sucks, I'm never coming back" is the internet equivalent of slamming the door on your parents and yelling "I'm running away" expecting them to come after you. We're all adults here and if someone wants to play the passive aggressive, prima donna game, I'll gladly pull the rug out from under them. 
ROFL, that's such a perfect analogy!
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline snakeman

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: The Matrix
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 09:51:18 am »
If the rules are just suggestions, there's no point in having them as they're no longer rules.

Um...ya that's what I'm saying. Make them suggestions. Just say "here's a template for a successful FS ad. If you want your itshay to sell this is the recommended way, but don't come crying to us when you're bumping a year old FS thread."

FYI, "suggested" != "rule".

WSC is clearly a desert filled with tumbleweed:

Yeah we have plenty of members. We don't need anymore.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »
They're rules because nobody follows the suggested templates, or really gives a itshay, unless there are repercussions. All the major forums have rules for the marketplace section.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »
All the major forums have rules for the marketplace section.
Even the not so major ones.

I particularly like rule #1.

Offline wrx-zrx

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2007 STI
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 04:04:09 pm »
Even the not so major ones.

I particularly like rule #1.

PLEASE, DO NOT EVEN SUGGEST THIS!!!

I still maintain the solution to all these types of problems is to allow the moderator to take care of the policing the section. There is no cause for any other regular member of this forum to be involved in the task of ensuring compliance with the marketplace rules. Interference has proven repeatedly that it is not the solution to the problem. The solution was determined to be the appointment of a marketplace moderator.
snackers is very capable of dealing with issuing any warnings and deleting any posts that need it.
Allow him to do the job he volunteered for.

If given the chance snackers will handle it. Everyone else STFU and let him.