Author Topic: 2013/2014 WSC Ski and Snowboard Thread  (Read 19801 times)

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
Re: 2013/2014 WSC Ski and Snowboard Thread
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »
I can look into it more. Even if it's not for the slush cup, a nice sunny spring day would be awesome.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:48 am »
I can look into it more. Even if it's not for the slush cup, a nice sunny spring day would be awesome.

Yea man look into it a bit.

Slush cup in sunshine is during May long which I think is may 19th? Correct me if I am wrong.

Either way I will be driving up there for slush cup so It would be cool to have a few more members to roll with!

Offline 98GF8Pretty

• Patchy Faced
  • Highway Star!
    • One Soul Thrust
  • Ride: 98 GF8 Paint Code 406,03 GTI 1.8T
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2014, 02:32:58 pm »
Yea man look into it a bit.

Slush cup in sunshine is during May long which I think is may 19th? Correct me if I am wrong.

Either way I will be driving up there for slush cup so It would be cool to have a few more members to roll with!

If my history serves me correctly, Sunshine's last weekend open is usually the first weekend of May but a few years back they extended the season til the 13th due to getting a late dump in April.
U R A BUS

Offline jk

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: No longer a Subaru :/
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »
Going up to Marmot Saturday for some spring skiing. Gonna be dressed in all black with orange/red skis.

Offline yella

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2007 STI
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:59 am »
Some photos from a couple trips I made to Fernie this winter!

2007 Subaru STI Stage 3
Kal Tire Manager
Build Thread http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=40781.0

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »
Mt Cain was pretty sweet this weekend. About 30cm of fresh snow friday, rode all day on the upper lift, fresh tracks all day. Saturday added another 2", not much but lower lift in the trees, fresh tracks all day. sunday a few decent lines in the trees still, soft groomers for bombing. today after a lot of sun all weekend and temps around 1* the groomed were the only good option. bombed some groomers and came home.

on the downside my toe strap broke on my binding and I must have dropped the piece between the cabin and car. can't find it anywhere >:|
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:54 pm »
Mt Cain was pretty sweet this weekend. About 30cm of fresh snow friday, rode all day on the upper lift, fresh tracks all day. Saturday added another 2", not much but lower lift in the trees, fresh tracks all day. sunday a few decent lines in the trees still, soft groomers for bombing. today after a lot of sun all weekend and temps around 1* the groomed were the only good option. bombed some groomers and came home.

on the downside my toe strap broke on my binding and I must have dropped the piece between the cabin and car. can't find it anywhere >:|

Nice! Apex was awesome too. 34 cm Friday morning; I skipped work and got in as many laps as I could before lunch and heading back to the office to get a few things done. Friday was the first day all season I could hit some of bigger lines/cliffs and when I left there was still plenty of fresh. Saturday didn't see much new snow, but it was windy overnight and it was pretty well fresh tracks all day Saturday as a result. Had some fun playing in the trees, trying to ride as fast as I could on some tightly gladed double blacks, hoping for some decent GoPro footage; I was riding past my comfort level and the video still looks slow! Oh well.

I also broke the nose on my board, just ahead of binding… lame sauce, but I guess that means I get a new one next year!
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »
Just another day in paradise…

"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline joe_mar

• Vendor
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2013 Impreza
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2014, 10:30:44 pm »

fck that pow looks awesome man, any suggestion on a good cabin or hotel to stay in?

Offline Jessica

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 FXT
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2014, 10:37:37 pm »

Holy itshay box. That was awesome!  :o

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2014, 08:25:10 am »
fck that pow looks awesome man, any suggestion on a good cabin or hotel to stay in?

I've never actually stayed up there. There is one hotel right on the hill that has some good deals once in a while, I think it's called Apex Mountain Inn. Lots of cabins and vacation rentals up there too.

Holy itshay box. That was awesome!  :o

Thanks!
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Jessica

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 FXT

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
Well, the local hill is closed and my board has been sent away for warranty; with any luck I'll have a new deck next year free of charge. That said, this season is a wrap for me. Was a really slow start, had some good days at the beginning and the end with a whole pile of meh in between. Hopefully next season is better!
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:55 pm »
my last day (saturday) it was +2, snowing and slooooooooooooow. I didn't ride too long.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:09 pm »
I need some new gear, anybody selling an All-Mountain board? ~154cm or so?

I was riding in Whitefish last week on my dad's Fastback, and it carves the groomed runs like nobodies business, but it was just too long and stiff for my to handle in the trees.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline goldrush

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »
I went cat skiing last week at Castle Mountain and would highly recommend it to all levels. The guides were awesome (combination of wise, old, hippies, and red neck). I think it's around $300 and you get to ride/ski untracked deep stuff all day. They provide pack lunch so you don't have stop as well as breakfast and après ski snack drinks... here's a pic they gave me, they give you a thumb drive with pics from the day: