Author Topic: Block Party on Sunday November 3rd - Tsurugi's, Swag, and Food Truck!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
  • "Is it supposed to sound like that?"
  • Ride: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/ M
Hey Everyone - Drew from Subaru Calgary here,
It's Official! We are having a Block Party here at Subaru Calgary on Sunday November 3rd. It's from 1:00 to 3:00 and as mentioned before we are going to have the Mighty Skillet food truck on site and they are going to be taking care of our hunger needs absolutely Free. We also got some swag that we're going to be giving away and two larger draws as well!

1. For $400 to the service department
2. For a set of Rally Armor Mud Flaps and we will also be giving out a coupon for 15% of parts and accessories!

Consider this our thanks for being such an incredible owner and enthusiast group and consider this our way of saying thanks, whether it's Rain, Shine or Snow!

For more specifics and so that we can get a quick headcount to make sure we're properly prepared pop on over to:

http://www.subarucalgary.ca/subaru-calgary-block-party-event.htm

Toss in your RSVP on the left! For those of you that got your WRX or STI here you probably got an email from us as well! :)

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

Initial Post:
Just wanted to fire this out there quick we are just putting some final details on a 'block party' that we are planning on hosting here at the dealership. It will be on Sunday from about 1:00 to 4:00 and is just meant to be a chance to say hey to the WSC Community and our Clients and have one last kick at the can for a hang out before the winter hits... which, as Subaru fans is arguably our favorite time of the year. :) If we've got any in stock we'll have a Tsurugi available for having a look at as well!

I will get final details up as soon as possible but wanted to put this up as a save-the-date. Check back for more details soon!
I broke it.  Just like how I'm going to break you

a piece of bread for dinner.  Want to come over? 

Offline Way-do

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 Focus ST
Re: Event Coming on Sunday November 3rd - Tsurugi's, Swag, and Food Truck!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:11:14 am »
I'm assuming this is Subaru Calgary?

Since you'll already have 1 food truck there, and it'll probably be chilly, you might want to give Fiasco Gellato a call.  They are just down the road at the south end of Meridian, and their Hot Chocolate Truck is pretty amazing.

Good to see some community participation from a dealer.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
You know, I feel like Drew puts in a lot of hard work, given that he doesn't have much to work with (due to previous experiences this forum has had with the dealer). People were ragging on the Tsurugi (which I still can't say I'm a fan of), but it's not like he personally designed.

What I'm trying to say is I'm not sure if I'll make this one, but I want you to know that your time and effort are appreciated Drew.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:51:10 pm »
You know, I feel like Drew puts in a lot of hard work, given that he doesn't have much to work with (due to previous experiences this forum has had with the dealer). People were ragging on the Tsurugi (which I still can't say I'm a fan of), but it's not like he personally designed.

What I'm trying to say is I'm not sure if I'll make this one, but I want you to know that your time and effort are appreciated Drew.

Hey I really appreciate that! I am doing my best and we'll see I'll either bug em enough that they'll fire me, or we'll make this the best dealership in Canada for more than just Volume of Subaru's sold, but for community and appreciation!

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
Re: Block Party on Sunday November 3rd - Tsurugi's, Swag, and Food Truck!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »
Ok so at this point we've sold all the Tsurugi's but we should have another one in stock by Sunday! :) Always the way of it! We will also have a fun 80's Subaru in the showroom which will be fun to have a gander at!

I just wanted to make two quick points.

1. Can people chime in here if they haven't had a chance to rsvp on the website so we can continue to make sure we've got a good hang of the numbers? Food truck feeds a lot of people but want to make sure we are good to go! :) At this point looks like we have about 50 RSVP's. ;)

2. Just a thought on Parking, I am hoping - weather dependent - to do a group photo taken from the roof with a bunch of WRX and STI's out front of the dealership. That being said I want to make sure you guys have a crack at getting some of the best spots and so just wanted to remind everyone the event starts at 1:00 but maybe show up 10 or 15 early to make sure you get some of the best parking out front! :)

Thanks for your time everyone! I'm looking forward to this, and hopefully it's the first of many if we have some fun! Please PM me or hit me at drew@subarucalgary.com if you have any questions! :)

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »
Hey Everyone, I know the weather looks like it is going to turn south but just wanted to make sure everyone knew that our Block Party is STILL ON! So long as the food truck doesn't get stuck in the snow we will be here on Sunday having a great time! Really hope you can make it!

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:04:17 am »

Of course Subaru people will still meet on a day like this! Food truck is confirmed, the lot is clear, it's warm inside! I'm down at the dealership now getting some of the final little preparation things done but hoping to see a bunch of people down today despite the weather! :)

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
Evening everyone, I just wanted to send out a quick gratitude message for the people that came out to our event the other day. We had about 80 people overall come through the doors, and it was honestly a ton of fun. Always good to get that many Subaru people in one place! :)

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on how we can do things like this better or other ideas on what events could use a little dealer support let me know!