Author Topic: Well... looks like my old seat is still available!  (Read 1633 times)

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
  • "Is it supposed to sound like that?"
  • Ride: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/ M
Well... looks like my old seat is still available!
« on: December 17, 2015, 02:23:10 pm »
Hello Community! It's been a long time since I've written anything here. It's been about 1 year and 9 months since I was last in the hot seat at Subaru Calgary but I'm back!

I took a crack at the Oil and Gas industry in a Marketing type role, but unfortunately:

a: It was so boring
b: My timing is horrible regarding the worlds economic state

Then I got a call from Mike B. our VP asking me to come back and I couldn't resist!!

So here I am. Business Development and Marketing Director for Subaru Calgary. (And Jaguar and Land Rover to so I'm split between the two a little bit.) I just wanted to say hey I'm back and I'm stoked.

For those that don't know me I've been with the Subaru Calgary for quite some time. When I was the marketing director before we had some fun events and I definitely plan to again. Nice now that Jaguar's out of our facility more service bays open now and more space to play!

Anyway I just wanted to say a quick hello. I will do my very best to revive this Vendor page with some specials and events in the coming months. If your in the store come say hello! I always like shooting the Subie talk with enthusiasts and it was always the WRX and STi guys that were my favourite back when I was on the sales floor. I can also direct people to the right sales person or work with you personally if you prefer.

Also can I say that I'm stoked I just won a contest with Subaru. That Subaru Mixer contest they had going on... nailed it. Got top 10 in the country. haha - http://www.subaru.ca/content/7907/media/general/campaign/2016wrx/index.html

Thanks for your time everyone. Let me know how things have been or if you need anything!

Regards,
Drew Bell
BDMD - SOC
I broke it.  Just like how I'm going to break you

a piece of bread for dinner.  Want to come over? 

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: Well... looks like my old seat is still available!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 02:29:34 pm »
Welcome back Drew! Good to see a familiar face back there.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 03:02:10 pm »
Thanks Buddy. ;) We'll have some fun!

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:24:26 pm »
Welcome back! We missed you!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline RedBimmer93

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy Spec B, and Two Mopar gas guzzlers
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 05:32:47 pm »
Nice to see some WSC representation at Subaru Calgary! :angel:

Sorry the Oil and Gas thing didn't work out...

Offline jgardiner

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:56:31 am »
I was in there last week and noticed that Jaguar moved. When did that happen?

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:51 am »
Sorry the Oil and Gas thing didn't work out...

Hey Man appreciate that. Yeah we'll see where it goes, I didn't burn any bridges or anything so if things improve who knows. But a guys got to take care of his family first and I couldn't risk the layoff. Happy to have such a fun place to land though. ;) Drove my Crosstrek through alley snowdrifts this morning... love it. Going up to Sylvan for X-mas and hoping to get some video playing on the lake... assuming it's frozen enough haha.

I was in there last week and noticed that Jaguar moved. When did that happen?

Jaguar moved I think about 6 months ago. The new store down south is sick, you definitely gotta go check it out if you get a chance. The new AWD V8 F-Type is absolutely a dream car... but for some reason they haven't let me put winter tires on one and use it as a demo... jerks. haha. But yes we have now got officially the largest Subaru showroom in Western Canada and more service bays than anyone else. Since I've been back as well we've got a new service manager called Paul Craigen, he's really really good. ;) Very happy to see that as service is our lifeblood.

I did get to drive a CVT WRX the other day... wayyy better than I was expecting! Don't get me wrong I'd still go stick, but if I was doing mostly commuting.... that's the one. Yet to be seen how much extra power it can take of course.

Anyway thanks again for the welcome backs. As always let me know what you need. My email is drew@subarucalgary.com write me there if you want my cell # as well.