Author Topic: Input on new board, Lib-tech La Nina.  (Read 1534 times)

Offline KennyB

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
Input on new board, Lib-tech La Nina.
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:45 pm »
Last season I decided I wanted something bigger and more all mountain oriented as I have been enjoying more off groomer stuff and my board just isn't cutting it. I used to ski and learned when I was a kid and never started snowboarding till my early 20's with friends I biked with around town on rails, jumps, etc so when I started riding mountains on snowboard instead of skis I just went to a slightly larger park/jib board and have been riding a forum destroyer the last few years and it's overdue for an update. I am leaning towards lib-tech with all the good I have been hearing and after looking at quite a few boards this weekend at the ski and snowboard show. I am about to pull the trigger on ordering the la nina as from what I'm reading it seems to be right up my alley but also a few other boards in their line-up that seem to be similar so wondering if anybody has some input on this board or recommendations or input on another one of their boards or any board for that matter.
http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/la-nina-mc/
Thanks!

Offline N3UBIE

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1998 STI Type-RA V-Limited, 1998 LGT
Re: Input on new board, Lib-tech La Nina.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »
I picked up a lib tech skate banana last year since I was looking for a board that was a bit more playful and I absolutely love it! Personally I think you can't go wrong with any lib tech board.

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
Re: Input on new board, Lib-tech La Nina.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:06:46 am »
I'll throw in my 2 cents as I'm a bit of a board slut. I have had a bunch of Lib boards, including Dark series,c2btx, Jamie Lynn Pheonix c2btx, T. Rice Horse Power c2btx, Skate Banana btx rocker, La Nina c1btx(rocker front hybrid camber back), Banana Magic c2btx, and finally Attack Banana ec2btx. My recommendation is to stay away from the La Nina... its a weird unpredictable board... its fun in pow with the rocker front butwhen you get onto groomed it gets a bit sketchy. I disliked this thr most of all the Libs, my personal favoriye is the attack banana, all around fun board, my rock board is a skate banana 151narrow...really fun, but my recommendation is the banana magic. Its definitely a do all  iboard...fsst, light...incredible edge hold, loads of pop. Try and score a last seask  model and save a few hundred bucks. If not stuck on  lib tech, irecommend checking out Never Summer boards. Excellent design and technology, 3 yr warranty, they are pretty much bomb proof. I am going this way this season as im libbed out.i wil get more specific on the board swhen i am on my computer...just typing this from my phone
Official Anti-Purist