Author Topic: The Spotted In Edmonton Thread  (Read 733059 times)

silverSTi and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
Re: The Spotted In Edmonton Thread
« Reply #8875 on: November 08, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »
I spotted the same car going down 111th.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #8876 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »
Lol, I had a pocket. The hood in the background makes it look worse than it is. You can even see my scrape marks on the windshield. The mirrors I admit I didn't touch.

I meant his rear window :P
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline rith

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: GR - RIP. Oct 2009 - June 2015
« Reply #8877 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
Glad I could get your "Spotted" count up lol. I was driving a Tundra that is slightly shorter than the rest of them due to four 16 year old girls not following road rules. Then they had a 16 year old witness that happens to know them show up 5 minutes later who "saw" the whole thing. It's been an on-going month and half battle so far with no end in sight. Facepalm. They turned left across my path and I had the full green going straight through the intersection. Their witness said I ran the red so-so far insurance is favoring them. Facepalm again.

Anyway......back to spotting.

All you have to do is figure out how to prove the witness is their friend and you're golden. I'd def talk to the officer that filed the report.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #8878 on: November 09, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »
If it becomes a full-blown civil lawsuit, you could request phone records. If she magically showed up at the accident site after it happened, it's possible someone in the car called or texted her. Otherwise, it'll be your word against the 4 girls but a good cross-examination could well make her crumble.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline 99 rs

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300 Wagon
« Reply #8879 on: November 09, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
I don't think they texted the guy to come over as this was near a high school and the guy (and his passenger) were probably in the line-up of cars waiting in the backed up traffic. This happened right at lunch time and all of them go to the same high school. When they saw the girls out of the car they stopped. They definitely knew each other by first name. The witness's friend in the car with him didn't want to make a police statement because he didn't see anything (which was odd but maybe he was texting). For more information on the situation it was a double left turning lane in which she was on the outside. The guy on the inside waited for me; she did not. The guy on the inside gave a witness statement to the police which is good for me. I'm guessing she was just talking with her friends and assumed she had a blinking turning light but "my" witness said it was solid green.

The insurance is still deciding but so far they told me to get my truck estimated/repaired. The adjuster also told me not to worry about the deductible since when he read her side of the story something was fishy. He requested all of the police reports which he said will take 6-8 weeks to get to him. I honestly think he sees something wrong with her side of the story but he (rightfully) doesn't want to say/commit to anything until he gets the full details. I think that's fair. At this point in time though, he said it was 50/50; he said/she said (literally). It definitely grinds my gears a little bit but these things happen. There are worse situations to be in for sure.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #8880 on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
JDM guy.
Miller neighborhood.
9:20pm.

How about when you have a 5 inch melon launcher, you don't do a launch in a private residential area?
Stabbing at the throttle like micheal J fox when idling down the 20kph road doesn't win you any friends, car enthusiast or not.

Offline ISPYSTi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 04 STi, 98 Legacy GT-B
« Reply #8881 on: November 12, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
Parked beside a Silver GR WRX Hatch at the Clairview Future Shop on Saturday afternoon.

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
« Reply #8882 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
JDM guy.
Miller neighborhood.
9:20pm.

How about when you have a 5 inch melon launcher, you don't do a launch in a private residential area?
Stabbing at the throttle like micheal J fox when idling down the 20kph road doesn't win you any friends, car enthusiast or not.

Any info on car?

Offline rith

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: GR - RIP. Oct 2009 - June 2015
« Reply #8883 on: November 12, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
I don't think they texted the guy to come over as this was near a high school and the guy (and his passenger) were probably in the line-up of cars waiting in the backed up traffic. This happened right at lunch time and all of them go to the same high school. When they saw the girls out of the car they stopped. They definitely knew each other by first name. The witness's friend in the car with him didn't want to make a police statement because he didn't see anything (which was odd but maybe he was texting). For more information on the situation it was a double left turning lane in which she was on the outside. The guy on the inside waited for me; she did not. The guy on the inside gave a witness statement to the police which is good for me. I'm guessing she was just talking with her friends and assumed she had a blinking turning light but "my" witness said it was solid green.

The insurance is still deciding but so far they told me to get my truck estimated/repaired. The adjuster also told me not to worry about the deductible since when he read her side of the story something was fishy. He requested all of the police reports which he said will take 6-8 weeks to get to him. I honestly think he sees something wrong with her side of the story but he (rightfully) doesn't want to say/commit to anything until he gets the full details. I think that's fair. At this point in time though, he said it was 50/50; he said/she said (literally). It definitely grinds my gears a little bit but these things happen. There are worse situations to be in for sure.

I would not stop until it's 100% her fault, she turned left infront of you. Taking a biased 3rd party witness report (schoolmate) is pretty ridiculous when your witness is most likely the most reliable.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8884 on: November 12, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Any info on car?
Silver.
Wagon.
Steering wheel on wrong side.
HIDs.
Plate covered by one of those illegal "the cops wont catch me with this fancy plastic shield so that means I can drive like a dick" things.

Yup, proper hand drive car owners can drive like dicks too, but guys like these just re-enforce the stereotype that already exists.

Offline Jessica

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 FXT
« Reply #8885 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
I spotted a green toaster exiting the MWTC parking lot at about 5pm today.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #8886 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
Thread tidied up.

This is for saying "hi" to the guy you traded waves with, not for picking on people based on where their steering wheel is (or for defending why you drive a car with the steering wheel where it is).

Offline ISPYSTi

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #8887 on: November 13, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Silver GD WRX with an exhaust on Wayne Gretzky around 5:30. Didn't see you til you were past me.

Offline BoostGravy

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: MY99 2.5RS BDP Coupe 2010 Chevrolet Silverado
« Reply #8888 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
Saw a sexy assay white fozz coming off of Whitemud at Calgary Trail around 5:20. Tried to wave but you weren't looking lol.
Heard you subaru'ing around the corner, as one does in this weather.

Offline ISPYSTi

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #8889 on: November 14, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »
Drove behind a silver fozzy with a WSC plate frame this morning down Wayne Gretzky all the way to the whitemud. Between 7:30-8:00

Offline Dylan780

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2003 Legacy GTB
« Reply #8890 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:57 AM »
I think I was crusing with Pajunen on 51st ave yesterday around 5. Got the roof rack installed, looks good!

Offline 99 rs

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300 Wagon
« Reply #8891 on: November 15, 2013, 10:04:17 AM »
This was a few weeks back. STI in the McD's drive through on 75th/66th street just south of Whitemud.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #8892 on: November 15, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
Dipped Forester at the UofA.

Offline BoostGravy

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: MY99 2.5RS BDP Coupe 2010 Chevrolet Silverado
« Reply #8893 on: November 15, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
Saw this silver and black gc8 at the shell on 50th about a couple minutes ago. Your exhaust sounds pretty good lol.

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #8894 on: November 15, 2013, 10:15:59 PM »
^Thats Brandon. Not sure if he's on here  ???
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline jk

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: No longer a Subaru :/
« Reply #8895 on: November 16, 2013, 05:43:51 AM »
Parked behind a silver JDM Foz at about 5:00 this morning in the Kingsway Ramada parking lot for the Magic Bus

Offline kehuynh

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02 Forester S, 91 Hilux Surf
« Reply #8896 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
Green sf forester sitting in the futureshop parking lot this morning.  Looks  lowered.  Anyone on here own it?

Offline Dutchy

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: one big ol' Cummins
« Reply #8897 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Saw Snackers? give me the tourist peace sign in Campbell park. Don't know if you saw that I noded back after I realized it was you and not some random guy standing outside.

Pajunen

« Reply #8898 on: November 16, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »
I think I was crusing with Pajunen on 51st ave yesterday around 5. Got the roof rack installed, looks good!

Yes sir you were.

Didn't see you till you blew my doors off. :)

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8899 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Saw Snackers? give me the tourist peace sign in Campbell park. Don't know if you saw that I noded back after I realized it was you and not some random guy standing outside.
I was picking up DA BEEF!