Author Topic: Cagare's 2009 STi  (Read 38272 times)

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
Re: Cagare's 2009 STi
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2015, 10:05:11 pm »
So, a very productive 2 days!  On Friday Asstuna and I were able to swap over the suspension save the front sway bar.  Today we were able to do the downpipe, catback, intake, damd wheel, front sway bar, gauges and other miscellaneous items.

A very big thank you to Asstuna for the use of his garage, his time and his help.  This man brings a new level of preparedness to wrenching on cars.  There are very few things that he did not have hanging around his garage or basement.  He is a bolt and nut hoarder, similar to how an old man hoards wood.  So, that actually came in handy.  Other than a few things everything went incredibly smoothly.

Thanks to Jukka for a good price on some bulbs, LilDrunkenSmurf for putting that goddamn intercooler bracket back on, lackluster for the exhaust, Gord for putting in the exhaust, Jellynuts for helping with the gauges and suggesting we spend more time to take off parts worth very little money used.  I owe lackluster some money for the exhaust which I will send this evening.

No other photos were taken. It was productive due to the amount of help, and I have now cleaned and taken photos of all the parts.  The part out thread should be up soon.  The updated for sale thread should be done soon too.

I have decided to keep it stage 1 OTS tune until the car is sold.  The car still has a good amount of power and I could live with it in it's current state to be honest.  The suspension is now "comfortable" too.

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »
You forgot "thanks Jellynuts for passing out after doing some minor wrenching, and, hey bro you should lift some weights so that you next time it takes a few more minutes before you reach max capacity and flake out on us". #fakefever

I love wrenching with friends, I find it very satisfying. Wrenching your own car alone is a craptastic time when you find you need more hands.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
Sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Hope jelly gets better.

No worries, you were just in time and were a big help!

Also, part out thread is up.  I now have a large headache.  Man that is a lot of parts to list in one thread!

Oh, and Jeff the gauges were so much easier to take out than they were to put in.  Thanks again everyone.  Hoping I can start to sell off some of the parts soon and get the car sold shortly after.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2015, 07:55:03 am »
Hey, go easy...  I'm pregnant.

But I thought about it, I started getting light headed after we talked about Bee.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2015, 10:57:07 am »
It's been kind of funny these past few days.  I drove it to the alignment and back yesterday and you know I actually enjoy driving the car more now then I did prior to this weekend.  Probably all in my head though.

Has me thinking that if the car doesn't sell it may become my winter vehicle.  A few things are stopping me from going there:

• The car has been a garage queen it's entire life.  I have always had a garage or underground parking, it would be weird to start parking it on the road, even if it is just in the summer. (Wife wants her spot in the garage back)
Again, I don't think the wife would like that on a few levels.
  • Finally, I would like a winter vehicle I can do some towing with in the summer as well

Probably my thought process is going there because I am not sure that the car will sell and I should be able to recover some money from the part out.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Cagare's 2009 STi - This is the end
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2015, 07:57:43 pm »
Well, I have a deposit on the car and the deal closes on Friday.  I never thought I would feel attachment to something, it is like losing a family member or a good friend.  I am happy who is getting the car, they seem just as excited to own it as I do.  I think they will take good care of it.  The deal is for a little less than I would have liked, but a deal is a deal, and I am also happy to have it move and not have to trade it in.

The last thing I need to do is take some photos with our little boy and us with the car.  I will have to do that tomorrow in-between all the appointments.  I want him to remember it as I do.  Then judge me about it later.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #281 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:06 am »
Deal closes on the car this evening.  Now I just need to sell the gauges, lip kit, accessport and remaining stock parts.  Partout thread will stay active until everything else is sold of course, http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47662.0

I am just under my target for the sale if I am able to sell the rest of the parts.

Then I go to look at trucks later this evening as well.

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
Re: Cagare's 2009 STi - This is the end
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:52 pm »
I want him to remember it as I do.  Then judge me about it later.

"Dad why did you sell that kick assay Subaru for all those Hondas?"
"Son, I told you not to swear in this house, don't use the S-word around me."

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:48 pm »
Well, that's all done now.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »
Inbeforelock

Yoyo wassuuuuup lolololol

Woot

#yahpostcount

But seriously, congratulations. I hope it wasn't as hard to do as you thought it would be.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2015, 12:59:52 am »
It's a car.

Like the first girl who touched your enispay, you'll occasionally wonder what she's up to. But in the end, you both moved on to someone who looks after your needs, and tolerates your wants.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline cha0tik

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '22 Venza | '03 S2K
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:21 am »
It's a car.

Like the first girl who touched your enispay, you'll occasionally wonder what she's up to. But in the end, you both moved on to someone who looks after your needs, and tolerates your wants.

That's both funny and exceptionally deep at the same time.

Also, regarding the sale of the car, I was also a bit heartbroken when I sold mine. But, being back in the market for a DD also provides its own level of excitement.
My 2016 Subaru WRX

Fly high, dive deep.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2015, 09:22:46 am »
GRs are lame anyways.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2015, 09:28:35 am »

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2015, 09:30:17 am »
They aight.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2015, 11:51:20 pm »
I wanted to close this thread with a photo of my son with or in the car.  This was by far my favourite, he pressed the horn and got a full blast of the supertones.  He was not impressed and is now happy that the car is gone. 

Game Over!