Author Topic: Where to go in Mexico  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
Where to go in Mexico
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:41 am »
Hey guys,

So my family and I along with a couple of my friends are planning a trip to Mexico for my birthday on March 30th of next year and I have a couple question as I have never been to Mexico or left the country at all for that matter.

We are not dead set on going to any certain destination in Mexico or resort which is why I am asking for your opinions.

The first couple places my parents have thrown into the pot look like more of a place you would go with your wife or girlfriend and have a quiet relaxing weekend. Now there is nothing wrong with that except I am 24 and will be with my friends and would like a place with a lot more people around and some cool parties going on.

So I guess what I am looking for is a place right in the middle; not spring break crazy, but not a "couples resort" either. (More crazy than not is okay). It also has to be a nice place, the more stars the better  8)

Thanks everyone!

Offline s00by11

• Stubbly Faced
  • alyssa
  • Ride: '98 GC8 STI
Re: Where to go in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 08:53:42 am »
I have never personally been to Mexico (I thought I was the only one!), but I have a group of friends who swear by Huatulco and go every year.

Offline 98GF8Pretty

• Patchy Faced
  • Highway Star!
    • One Soul Thrust
  • Ride: 98 GF8 Paint Code 406,03 GTI 1.8T
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »
Cancun, if you want to travel an hour and a bit south of there, Bahia Princepe Riviera Maya (Mayan Riviera)
Many Mexico frequenters recommend Peurto Vallarta.
U R A BUS

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:36:37 pm »
I have never personally been to Mexico (I thought I was the only one!), but I have a group of friends who swear by Huatulco and go every year.

This.
Been there, loved it.
There is a night life, but not nearly as chaotic as Cancun or any of these "spring break" locations.
It isn't as commercialized as the more well known towns.

There are a couple of new resorts there, but I don't know their rating or the reviews, as I have stayed in a condo owned by family.

I found it to be a very good "intro" to mexico, as there is a high population of Canadian Expats there. Several of the businesses are owned by canadians that have moved there.
But there is definitely still that native mexican culture there, so you don't have to worry about missing out on the experience.

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »
I'm a fan of San Jose Del Cabo, for much the same reasons Snackers said about Huatulco.

If you like to party, go to Cabo San lucas, about a half hour down the highway.
I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline 98GF8Pretty

• Patchy Faced
  • Highway Star!
    • One Soul Thrust
  • Ride: 98 GF8 Paint Code 406,03 GTI 1.8T
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 08:39:18 am »
I'm a fan of San Jose Del Cabo, for much the same reasons Snackers said about Huatulco.

If you like to party, go to Cabo San lucas, about a half hour down the highway.

Been to Cabo as well.  My only complaint is that it's too "Americanized" for me.  Lots of Americanos.  Hell it's got a Walmart, Home Depot, and a Starbucks!  That being said you will definitely experience the culture.  Snackers, I think there's Canadians that have flocked to across the Mexican border.

Just got back from Mazatlan in March.  There's a bar there owned by a couple Western Canadians.  One owner from Medicine Hat and the other from Regina.  You can call home for free when you drink there.  Full of hockey jerseys and Roughriders paraphernalia.
U R A BUS

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »
I went to Cancun for Spring break when I was 23 and single. BEST uckfaying TIME EVER!!!!!! I did all the touristy things like snorkeling, golfing, springbreak, nightlife, jet skiing in the ocean and stayed at the Grand Oasis ocean front, which was a beautiful place considering the price.
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:11:04 pm »
I went to Cancun for Spring break when I was 23 and single. BEST uckfaying TIME EVER!!!!!! I did all the touristy things like snorkeling, golfing, springbreak, nightlife, jet skiing in the ocean and stayed at the Grand Oasis ocean front, which was a beautiful place considering the price.

If it was just me and a couple friends going Cancun is where I would be going! But since my mom, dad, sister and her bf are coming we have to compromise lol.