Author Topic: Scale Models  (Read 2445 times)

otakusan

Scale Models
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
I have always been into Scale models of all sorts, Battleships, jet fighters, cars, mechs...

Here is a V3 that I built back in 2002  8)  really wish I have more time to start building again  :P

Link to more info on this V3 scale model
http://www.automotiveforums.com/scalemodeling/pkw1/WRXIII.html

and a link to other cars that I've built and have recorded
http://www.automotiveforums.com/scalemodeling/pkw1/

please excuse the poor quality photos, it was taken with a film point n shoot than scanned  :-[

Offline NuTypeR

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Bug Eye Mafia #230
Re: Scale Models
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
I have always been into Scale models of all sorts, Battleships, jet fighters, cars, mechs...

ohh i heard mechs!!
i can finally post my gundams haha:

my current WIP

my favorite gundam...hence my username haha

decided to have some fun and fitted an SD head onto an MG body

ill have to take a picture of my entire model kit collection and post it up later   8)
Basics are the foundation for everything, without them would lead to nowhere. There is also a need for balance.....everything connected must be equaled out or complemented to each other in order to achieve stability; too much or too little of something will lead to chaos.

-NuTypeR@WesternSubaruClub

otakusan

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:21:03 AM »
Ah.. RX-93 Nu, also my favorite Gundam of all times.  Mine is 1/4 built atm  ;D

Offline NuTypeR

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
yea, i have a lot of Nu gundam models >:D.....SD Nu, planning to buy the just released improved SD Nu, original MG Nu, MG Nu ver. Ka, MG Hi-Nu, and SD Hi-Nu haha
Basics are the foundation for everything, without them would lead to nowhere. There is also a need for balance.....everything connected must be equaled out or complemented to each other in order to achieve stability; too much or too little of something will lead to chaos.

Offline DeleriousZ

• Patchy Faced
  • Back in a Suby
  • Ride: 98 2.5rs, 88 300zx x2. 04.5 GLI.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
Picking up the Titanfall collectors edition then? Comes with an 18" mech

otakusan

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »
Picking up the Titanfall collectors edition then? Comes with an 18" mech

wow,.. is that a resin kit?  :o

Offline Claw

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:27:26 AM »
yea, i have a lot of Nu gundam models >:D.....SD Nu, planning to buy the just released improved SD Nu, original MG Nu, MG Nu ver. Ka, MG Hi-Nu, and SD Hi-Nu haha

Now your handle makes sense.  ;)

Do you have the OG Nu?
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN24728/Gun

Damn, that was me in University.  I saw Rick Fung's Nu diorama at Mechathon (way way way back precursor to Animethon in Edmonton) back in the mid 90s and fell in love with the design.

I have a 1/60 Nu I need to get started on...

They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

otakusan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
Now your handle makes sense.  ;)

Do you have the OG Nu?
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN24728/Gun

Damn, that was me in University.  I saw Rick Fung's Nu diorama at Mechathon (way way way back precursor to Animethon in Edmonton) back in the mid 90s and fell in love with the design.

I have a 1/60 Nu I need to get started on...

haha I have that OG Nu, new in box still  ;D completely lost interest in it even when the MG came out, never mind the Ver. Ka. now already  ::)

Offline Claw

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:20:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm like that..  :P 

I've sorta gone back to building cars.  I'm working on a 1/8th scale Aventador at the moment.  Slowly.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline NuTypeR

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »
nope i dont have the OG nu sadly :( i have tons of car models sitting in my closet, but im scared to build them because there's much more work involved and painting is a requirement. however, ive started to collect those one dollar hotwheels models whenever i stop by walmart, you can usually get some cool cars. ill take a pic of it later