Author Topic: WRX Hybrid Widebody  (Read 1391 times)

broosterh

WRX Hybrid Widebody
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:05:07 pm »
I am late starting a journal of all that has been done.

The car is a 2002 WRX Wagon with the standard stage 2 upgrades. Soon after I purchased the car the engine exploded. Time to have some fun. This will be my first serious build. Being a new to this I invite critiques and guidance along the way.

Since I have taken so long to get this journal started I cannot remember all the info for some of the photos. I will post and fill in as I go.

Brad

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Re: WRX Hybrid Widebody
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »
Being a new to this I invite critiques and guidance along the way.

You want critiques?  Post some pics.

jk jk.  I'm looking forward to reading through it. 

I figure you're wanting advice on your car, but in regards to build threads, one thing some folks like to do is make a whole bunch of separate posts at the start of their own threads that say:

<reserved>

And then they can fill it up as they go without having the flow of their build thread interrupted with butthats like myself.  I'll gladly delete this post, if you want to do that. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

broosterh

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:04:14 am »

Dead...

broosterh

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:15:46 pm »
You want critiques?  Post some pics.

jk jk.  I'm looking forward to reading through it. 

I figure you're wanting advice on your car, but in regards to build threads, one thing some folks like to do is make a whole bunch of separate posts at the start of their own threads that say:

It is all good. leave the post. pics are coming.

And then they can fill it up as they go without having the flow of their build thread interrupted with butthats like myself.  I'll gladly delete this post, if you want to do that.

broosterh

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 01:23:06 pm »
The heads have been rebuilt and set up for a hybrid build. These heads came from a donor 2.0l engine I picked up. WRX springs and cams with STI buckets. Heads have been milled out to better chamber match. This will mate with Manley rods and JE hybrid pistons. Tom at Tech Works is doing the work.

broosterh

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 01:29:24 pm »
It took a while. Finally a 2.5l block came up for sale. With the block came the STI top mount inter-cooler. Should make a ton of smiles. This engine spun a rod bearing. The person who I purchased the block off-of was using this engine for track. It appears to have oil starved front left cylinder.

Worn bearings

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 11:59:34 pm »
Ugh :(  I hate to say it, but pulling images off your google account doesn't work.  General consensus is flickr, for best image hosting site. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

broosterh

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:00:59 am »
Ugh :(  I hate to say it, but pulling images off your google account doesn't work.  General consensus is flickr, for best image hosting site.

Setting up a Flickr account. It is way easier.