Author Topic: Marketplace Warnings?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline oroboros

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 96 suby sti v2
Marketplace Warnings?
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:29:53 pm »
So I've gotten 2 warnings from the members marketplace. First time around I could see why, second time, I copied and pasted the template, and still got a warning from it.
It would be nice if there a sent copy of previous thread and a reason to why it was given a warning in the first place.
Just a thought.

B.o.
2002 Toyota 4runner sr5
1996 Subaru Impreza WRX
1986 Toyota Corolla

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
Re: Marketplace Warnings?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:50:56 pm »
So I've gotten 2 warnings from the members marketplace. First time around I could see why, second time, I copied and pasted the template, and still got a warning from it.
It would be nice if there a sent copy of previous thread and a reason to why it was given a warning in the first place.
Just a thought.

B.o.

The second time you broke the rules, you would have had to actually copy one very specific rule in the template and then remove the text to post your ad.
So did you not read the rules, or more specifically, the one rule you actually had to select and delete in your ad?
Or do you believe that particular rule doesn't apply to you?

Furthermore,
Quote from: The Rules
Any violation of these rules will result in points and/or post moderation and/or deletion without explanation. If you find yourself in this situation, please review the rules.

There are 7 rules.
They are very simple, and had no argument or feedback from the community when they were implemented.
They only time they get argued now is when points are handed out. Which again, is clearly stated in the rules.

Edit: I see that while I was typing this, you once again posted an ad that breaks the rules.
This 3rd time pushed your points into the range where your posts will now be moderated.

Offline oroboros

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 11:58:18 pm »
The second time you broke the rules, you would have had to actually copy one very specific rule in the template and then remove the text to post your ad.
So did you not read the rules, or more specifically, the one rule you actually had to select and delete in your ad?
Or do you believe that particular rule doesn't apply to you?

Furthermore,
There are 7 rules.
They are very simple, and had no argument or feedback from the community when they were implemented.
They only time they get argued now is when points are handed out. Which again, is clearly stated in the rules.

Edit: I see that while I was typing this, you once again posted an ad that breaks the rules.
This 3rd time pushed your points into the range where your posts will now be moderated.

I'm not argueing, I just have a very bad memory, and actually unsure where I went wrong in posting. Seems I've done so again somehow.
Is it about the pictures?
2002 Toyota 4runner sr5
1996 Subaru Impreza WRX
1986 Toyota Corolla

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:34:50 am »
I'm not argueing, I just have a very bad memory, and actually unsure where I went wrong in posting. Seems I've done so again somehow.

Y'know, when someone posts something like this they're shouting to the world that they're well aware of what they did, and they want us to walk them through it.

You'd like to do this publicly?  Sure!

Here's the Marketplace rules so we can all play along: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=35677.0

Effective as at the time of this post, the following rules are in effect for the Marketplace forums on WSC.
These rules may change at any time, however, moderators will do their best to point out any changes when they occur.

1. All marketplace thread titles must begin with "FS: ", "FT: ", or "WTB: " and must contain the item name. Thread titles like "*MUST SELL NOW*" will be deleted. Multiple item sale threads must at least contain a general description, such as "Garage sale: 02-07 impreza parts"

2. All "For Sale" threads MUST INCLUDE: (Below format can be copy-pasted, the visible tags will convert to bold text)

[b]Description:[/b] Accurate description of item and its current condition (possibly a cross reference of which cars the item will fit, if you know)
[b]Location of seller:[/b]
[b]Willing to ship:[/b]
[b]Method of contact:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]
[b]Pictures:[/b][img][/img] A quality embedded picture of the actual item being sold. Random pics from the internet are not acceptable.

It is recommended to embed your pics into the post, as that is more conducive to an informative advertisement.
Assistance with embedding pics can be found here:
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=12481.0
Note: Kijiji is not a an accepted photo hosting site.

3. No “Testing Waters” or "Feeler" posts. If you‘re going to post an item, please have the intention of selling it. If you don't know what the item is worth, do your research. All else fails, put a random price of what you would like to receive for it, and the market will take care of it. (eg. If it doesn't sell, your price is too high)

4. Discussion of price should be done via PM. Negotiation of price by people intending to purchase should be done via PM. Criticism of price should be done respectfully and must include evidence. (related forum ads, kijiji ads, etc)
Posts like "Are you crazy?" will result in deletion and possible points.

5. Thread bumping is limited to once every 7 days, and may only be done by the seller/buyer.

6. Unrelated posts such as "GLWS" and "wish I had the money" will be deleted, and points will be issued. Interpretation of an unrelated thread bump is at the discretion of the moderators. Trending will be taken note of. If you are in the habit of posting in FS threads without ever buying anything, it will be noted.

7. Marketplace threads with no activity for 30 days or more may be locked.

Any violation of these rules will result in points and/or post moderation and/or deletion without explanation. If you find yourself in this situation, please review the rules.

-WSC Admin/Mod team

Your first attempt:

have a brand new/slightly used corsair carbide 330r

has everything including plastic and box that it originally came with.
test fit everything in it to conclude it's nowhere near big enough to fit with costume build i'll be going with.

memoryexpress for 109
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX46798

selling for 80 for you guys.

contact me by text @ 7807829282

Bora O.

Let's focus on rule #2, the format of the ad.
  • Description: yup
  • Willingness to ship: nope
  • Method of contact: yup
  • Price: yup
  • Pictures: no

<deleted & warning sent that includes a link to the rules>

Your second attempt:

Description: Accurate description of item and its current condition (possibly a cross reference of which cars the item will fit, if you know)
basically brand new, put everything in there to realize it wont' be big enough for the special build I'll be doing.

A review if anyone wants to see more pictures.
http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/corsair_carbide_330r_review,1.html
Location of seller:
Edmonton
Willing to ship:
No
Method of contact:
Text or PM
Price:
Memory Express sells it for 109
I'll sell it to you guys for 80.
Pictures:

• Willingness to ship: yup
  • Pictures "of the actual item being sold. Random pics from the internet are not acceptable.": no

Your third attempt:

Description:
It's a mid tower computer case made by corsair bought from memory express
link provided.

Location of seller:
Edmonton

Willing to ship:
nope

Method of contact:
PM or Text @ 7807829292

Price:
80 dollars.

Any questions about why would be insistent about the seller providing "A quality embedded picture of the actual item being sold." or why "Random pics from the internet are not acceptable."?

Do you think they might be so that sellers can both demonstrate the item is in their possession to sell as well as show what condition it's in (especially for used items)?

Offline oroboros

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 11:33:06 am »
Y'know, when someone posts something like this they're shouting to the world that they're well aware of what they did, and they want us to walk them through it.

You'd like to do this publicly?  Sure!

Here's the Marketplace rules so we can all play along: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=35677.0

Your first attempt:

• Willingness to ship: nope

<deleted>

Your second attempt:

• Pictures "of the actual item being sold. Random pics from the internet are not acceptable.": no

<deleted>

Your third attempt:

<deleted>

Any questions about why would be insistent about the seller providing "A quality embedded picture of the actual item being sold." or why "Random pics from the internet are not acceptable."?

Do you think they might be so that sellers can both demonstrate the item is in their possession to sell as well as show what condition it's in (especially for used items)?

I'm just saying as a warning pm, you could send a copy of the thread, that's all really (possible a one word answer of what's wrong.) I must be the only one with a short term memory around 10 minutes.
2002 Toyota 4runner sr5
1996 Subaru Impreza WRX
1986 Toyota Corolla

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »
I'm just saying as a warning pm, you could send a copy of the thread, that's all really (possible a one word answer of what's wrong.) I must be the only one with a short term memory around 10 minutes.

The warning includes a link to the Rules.  There are 7 of them, of which only 1-3 are relevant when you're creating a new ad.  And rule #2 even has a handy copy/pasteable template for you to use thanks to snackers.

Your memory seems fine, you knew exactly what rule you were breaking.

Offline oroboros

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »
The warning includes a link to the Rules.  There are 7 of them, of which only 1-3 are relevant when you're creating a new ad.  And rule #2 even has a handy copy/pasteable template for you to use thanks to snackers.

Your memory seems fine, you knew exactly what rule you were breaking.

That post was within the 10 minutes I had mentioned, which was the 3rd post, literally less than a minute I posted it was flagged again.
2002 Toyota 4runner sr5
1996 Subaru Impreza WRX
1986 Toyota Corolla

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:14:14 am »
So we're enforcing the rules too quickly?  :-X

You can take all the time you need, using the [Preview] button to compose your ad, but once you hit [Post] you have posted it for everyone to see & it should meet all the Marketplace Rules (especially if you have already had an ad or two dissapear & have received a link to the rules as an explanation).

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »

[my] 3rd post, literally less than a minute I posted it was flagged again.

So first you complain that we aren't helping you due to your short term memory disability, and then you complain when we acted with 9 minutes still to spare? Make up your mind…  ::)
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~