Author Topic: Diode Dynamics LED bulbs  (Read 15299 times)

Offline Stig

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 DGM Wrx STI
Re: Diode Dynamics LED bulbs
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »
Has anyone tried their HID replacement bulbs? They seem like a good price. $40 for a pair. I was debating on grabing some 6000k bulbs.

Offline Dev

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »
Has anyone tried their HID replacement bulbs? They seem like a good price. $40 for a pair. I was debating on grabing some 6000k bulbs.

Osram CBI...... that is all  ::)
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

otakusan

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2014, 03:25:10 pm »
Just got an email from them

20% off all LED bulbs, angel eyes, and LED strip kits.
10% off interior acrylic accents, off-road lighting, and HIDs

Valid 11/25/14 through 12/1/14

Offline Dev

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2014, 03:55:01 pm »
Just got an email from them

20% off all LED bulbs, angel eyes, and LED strip kits.
10% off interior acrylic accents, off-road lighting, and HIDs

Valid 11/25/14 through 12/1/14

Tempting, 20% is quite a bit of a discount if I decide to change my lights. Is anyone in Edmonton planning on buying during this time to save on shipping ?
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

Offline kehuynh

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 03 Crown Estate ATH V, 04 Crown Athlete EX: 90 Mazda MX-5, 03 Infiniti M45
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:55 am »
I might be ordering. Depends if I have enough money after headlights and hids.

Offline likeawind

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: HawkEyE
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2019, 05:31:32 am »
I’m looking to upgrade from crappy halogens to Diode dynamics Sl1 LED for low and high beam. Looking for some reviews from WSC members for the performance and longevity of these lights.

Offline SpdDmn

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2019, 01:30:01 pm »
I’m looking to upgrade from crappy halogens to Diode dynamics Sl1 LED for low and high beam. Looking for some reviews from WSC members for the performance and longevity of these lights.

I just got Diode Dynamics high beams installed, so I can't speak to their longevity, but can say that performance (brightness) is MUCH improved over stock. They're still a "warm" white, but it is cooler than OEM - more like a 5000K versus 2500K. We had to finesse them in behind the headlights; since the cooling fan on the base of the LED is pretty big, it's nudging the coolant neck and very close to the power steering reservoir on my Foz.

Also got 194 parking bulbs, and turn signals. Then you also need the turn signal relay so you're not blinking super fast like a ricer :P I've had Diode Dynamics' interior package for dome, map, and trunk lights installed for ages (and have had on previous Foresters too). My WRB foz has both reverse and tail/brake LEDs too and they're very bright.

If you're going to Driven, stop by the Vex booth and check out the foz if you wanna see them in person!
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390

Offline likeawind

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: HawkEyE
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2019, 07:46:00 am »
Thanks for the review man!! So you still have halogen low beam? I personally would like to install both. I’m trying to understand why these cost three times more than regular LEDs, is it because of the cut off line or it’ll last more.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2019, 02:28:56 pm »
I've had many of their LED's fail on me repeatedly over time unfortunately. Both the cheaper ones and the 60+ dollar projector style turn/brake lights. All in all my order I did with them was around 300 bucks, and about half of them have failed at one point or another.

Personally I would not be paying that much for LED's from them again as their quality didn't come close to living up to their bragging and the price. They've also decreased their warranty period since I bought them.

They do honor their warranties but having to jump through hoops every time a brake light fails and wait for shipping from the states is a massive unwanted headache. Not to mention having to tear the front off the car several times for the led marker lights failing.

I will say however that this was 3-4 years ago now so maybe they've significantly improved things.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2019, 02:47:18 pm »
I will say however that this was 3-4 years ago now so maybe they've significantly improved things.

One tail bulb is intermittently illuminating. Once it flickers again, I'm going to swap the lot for Phillips ones. James sent me a pic when he was behind me in traffic. Today, it was fine. Strange.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge