Author Topic: Oil Temp Sender (For old Lamco gauge)  (Read 123 times)

Offline reet

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2002 SG5
Oil Temp Sender (For old Lamco gauge)
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:11:46 am »
Hi all,
I'm having a hard time finding technical details of automotive temp senders.

I have an old set of Lamco gauges - boost, battery and water/oil temp but without the original wiring or sensor. I can sort out the wiring, but am having a hard time finding the right RTD sensor/sender. Some info online suggests an Autometer 2385, based on my own measurements that sensor would be at best 10 degrees out, and if I'm going to connect the gauge it should at least be accurate. Some other forum also suggested a Defi PDF00903S but I can't find any information of its resistance range so am skeptical as "shows a temperature" vs "shows the correct temperature" are two very different things.

I took measurements of the gauge readings with a potentiometer connected to the sensor wires to determine the RTD range I need, but am finding lacklustre information on aoutomotive temp senders to find a suitable replacement that I know will work. I took readings with the cal knob at min position, max position, and somewhere in the middle. Link below to the data, it appears I can't attach a screenshot of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XeRwQaqq68B3kS6pd1eLuyq4yor6DQ_Z/view?usp=sharing

If anyone is a sensor expert and knows of something that fits this range I would appreciate it.