Author Topic: Thread keeps getting deleted even when following the rules  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1996 legacy gtb sold/ 1998 Fozzy Stb/2005 wrx/2005 4runner limited
Thread keeps getting deleted even when following the rules
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »
Im selling forester sf5 parts off my vehicle which lands in a few weeks i own the vehicle! and have paid for it, plus its in my name yet post gets deleted cause apparently someone said i don't own the vehicle. I was simply posting the parts for sale to give a heads up or give people first dibs. Anyone want to clarify? politely or dont bother thanks

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
Re: Thread keeps getting deleted even when following the rules
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:59:11 pm »
I have not seen the thread you are referring to so I will have to assume a few things.

Based on what you have said above, you own the vehicle meaning you own the parts on it. But you currently do not have possession of the vehicle as you had stated that it will land in a few weeks.

Now,  because you do NOT have possession of the vehicle currently, you are obviously not able to post pics of the actual parts, since said parts are not in your possession. Because of that the rule that says you must post pics of the parts you possess and not pics from the internet, I assume that is why it was taken down.

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »
Appreciate the post and no i have detailed pics of the parts as i got the dealer in japan to take them for me as i knew id be selling them. I could see that if i didnt have real pics but i do

Offline Wheelhop

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 01 S2000
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:08:20 pm »
Good luck, try kijiji. I gave up trying to post stuff here, to frustrating. I had one post deleted within 2 minutes of posting lol!

Offline AwdSex

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: almost stock 06 STi
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »
Good luck, try kijiji. I gave up trying to post stuff here, to frustrating. I had one post deleted within 2 minutes of posting lol!
The rules aren't that hard to follow, take there template and use it. If you still can't get it reference other for sale adds.
ATP 3071/ Tomie Header/Tomie Up/ DW 740cc/Perrin FMIC/Turbo XS exhaust/Other Stuff/ Airboy

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »
Oh i know the template as ive posted on here before without issue and did the exact same way for this new one, everything was there and proper to a t, and yea no kidding i was just trying to give people on the forum first grabs to be nice before i posted on kijji.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 06:52:18 am »
If you can't sell the parts, why are you posting the parts? That would be my question. I don't want to go through ads of what I could buy in a few weeks.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:50 am »
Selling on WSC is actually so easy .. they literally have a little template of exactly what you need to post..

Offline Kazoobaru

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: '95 GF8 555 & a big booty mitsu
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:59 am »
I'm fairly certain it's because it's a FUTURE sale you are proposing. Only current sales with products / items you have in your possession at the time are allowed. No feelers, testing waters,  etc.
"Help! I lost my steering wheel! Can you help me find it!?"

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:30:59 am »

Seems a majority of the masses understand the rules. We have progress!

The vehicle is not in your possession. I see no difference here between selling a seat from a car you don't have, and curbing the entire vehicle you don't have.
The reasoning was also stated in your thread.

Feel free to post parts for sale when you actually acquire them and can prove their condition 1st person, not 3rd party.

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 02:37:25 pm »
Well considering i saw the vehicles condition and know everything about it, and own everything there is no harm done i mostly post on kijji anyways as its easier and stuff sells way faster. Only reason it was on here was to give wsc a first grabs option, and the ad was on there to show what is for sale nothing would HAVE been paid for in advance so there is no rule broken there if someone wanted something they could ask me to hold it for them to come and look at it when it arrives no money would HAVE been exchanged till product is in Calgary and in front of the person.  Just saying there's more to life then deleting someones ad instantly instead of giving someone the chance to explain, especially when the moderator doesn't know the whole story.

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »
Selling on WSC is actually so easy .. they literally have a little template of exactly what you need to post..

i followed the template exactly dude

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 02:46:20 pm »
Well considering i saw the vehicles condition and know everything about it, and own everything there is no harm done i mostly post on kijji anyways as its easier and stuff sells way faster. Only reason it was on here was to give wsc a first grabs option, and the ad was on there to show what is for sale nothing would HAVE been paid for in advance so there is no rule broken there if someone wanted something they could ask me to hold it for them to come and look at it when it arrives no money would HAVE been exchanged till product is in Calgary and in front of the person.  Just saying there's more to life then deleting someones ad instantly instead of giving someone the chance to explain, especially when the moderator doesn't know the whole story.

Mods don't need to know any story.   Follow the rules and everyone's happy.

I don't suppose Oscar Pistorius's arresting officer knew the whole story either..  he's got a dead person in the washroom and another guy with a smoking gun.  What else is he to do?

snackers is judge and jury.. everyone seems fine with it but you.

i followed the template exactly dude

But you didn't have the object(s) you're selling in your possession.

They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Munky

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '06 WRX
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 03:35:27 pm »
This just seems like a common sense issue.

* Munky dusts hands and walks away

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 03:55:59 pm »
Well no i know a lot of people who feel snackers takes moderating way to seriously some times, common sense has nothing to do with it i simply was showing people what will be for sale in the future nothing wrong with that nor did i do anything wrong. If there is a different thread to post that stuff on then please tell me otherwise like i said at the end of the day posts shouldn't be deleted as it makes more work to have to re post in the future simply if your a moderator give the person a chance to correct the info before coming to such bold conclusions.  End of story no more posting needs be on here i was just saying my point of view, let keep this civil and polite and not insult people this is a forum for car enthusiasts to help one another make the forum be the best it can be. 

Offline Rich

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: '18 H6 Outback '20 Legacy GT
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 04:01:53 pm »
Well no i know a lot of people who feel snackers takes moderating way to seriously some times

Take it seriously and treat every ad the same way, and people will complain he's too strict.  Take a relaxed approach, and people will complain about favouritism.  Being a mod seems to be a thank-less job.

I'd suggest waiting until you get the car/parts in hand before putting up a FS ad, seems to be what most people around here do. :)
Contact me for your eyewear needs!

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:02 pm »
Which i will do now just saying wish ad didnt get deleted instantly without being asked to fix something or explain the ad cheers

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 04:06:58 pm »
Well no i know a lot of people who feel snackers takes moderating way to seriously some times, common sense has nothing to do with it i simply was showing people what will be for sale in the future nothing wrong with that nor did i do anything wrong. If there is a different thread to post that stuff on then please tell me otherwise like i said at the end of the day posts shouldn't be deleted as it makes more work to have to re post in the future simply if your a moderator give the person a chance to correct the info before coming to such bold conclusions.  End of story no more posting needs be on here i was just saying my point of view, let keep this civil and polite and not insult people this is a forum for car enthusiasts to help one another make the forum be the best it can be.

Ok captain 57 posts...how many people is this?

Your FS thread was wrong, you don't have the parts in your possession. You seem to be struggling with this concept. Owning something does not mean it is in your possession. If you posted the FS thread when you have the parts in your hands, I bet you wouldn't have had it deleted...
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Rich

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: '18 H6 Outback '20 Legacy GT
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 04:14:45 pm »
Which i will do now just saying wish ad didnt get deleted instantly without being asked to fix something or explain the ad cheers

The mods on this forum are not employees, they're volunteers.  They volunteer their spare time during their breaks/lunch/time off/etc. to help keep this forum running as smoothly as possible.  They do not have the time to personally contact every individual who doesn't follow the rules with a personal message on what to fix.  That is why the rules are at the top of the sub-forum. 

My general suggestion to everyone is to take the few minutes it takes to read the rules and ask questions if they're not clear enough before posting any ads.  All of this misery can be pretty easy to avoid if we, the users of this free enthusiast forum, take a little bit of responsibility on ourselves.
Contact me for your eyewear needs!

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »
Ok captain 57 posts...how many people is this?

Your FS thread was wrong, you don't have the parts in your possession. You seem to be struggling with this concept. Owning something does not mean it is in your possession. If you posted the FS thread when you have the parts in your hands, I bet you wouldn't have had it deleted...

See saying stuff like that is what holds back this forum from being great if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything there is a reason i have 57 posts as i post mostly in the uk for this exact reason, if a mod is watching this close the thread please. Have a good day 4stAir

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »
The mods on this forum are not employees, they're volunteers.  They volunteer their spare time during their breaks/lunch/time off/etc. to help keep this forum running as smoothly as possible.  They do not have the time to personally contact every individual who doesn't follow the rules with a personal message on what to fix.  That is why the rules are at the top of the sub-forum. 

My general suggestion to everyone is to take the few minutes it takes to read the rules and ask questions if they're not clear enough before posting any ads.  All of this misery can be pretty easy to avoid if we, the users of this free enthusiast forum, take a little bit of responsibility on ourselves.
Who are you and what have you done with Rich?

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »

Cheers rich i was just saying how i felt anyways this thread can be closed now

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:33 pm »
We should start paying the mods for dealing with this.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Subarylgtb

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »

Just use some of the funds from the WSC merch!

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 Golf GTi
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:26 pm »

i completely agree.  15% increase for the mods!