Author Topic: SubMit 86' Super Meet 2014 ideas thread.  (Read 21535 times)

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
Re: WSC super meet 2014 ideas thread.
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
I'm happy to come earlier if it means I get a better parking spot
You're more then welcome to come early and draw chalk outlines for GD people who cant park lol

Thanks to everyone jumping in on this and offering support and prizes it sure makes it easier to raise money when there is awesome prizes to one as well.

I should find out this week what days are available for the summer. To people with families and such would you be more enticed to bring them if there was bouncy castles and such or does it not really make a difference to you? 

Also who has the WSC banner we missed out on using it and I think it would help out a bit to show people there is something going on there. I think Auto-X will have to wait for another year until we get all the logistics of this big of a meet ready.

keep the ideas coming folks! 
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline lakelouise02bugeye

• Inarguably bearded
  • beards comin in nice
  • vroom vroom
  • Ride: 2001 evo 7
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
Ive got the banner
Farewell :(  Your exhaust was inspirational.

Offline NinjaFracman

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1997 vr3 JDM WRX
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »
july 12????

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 05:40:58 AM »
Ill see what I can do for dates but we are completely up to the mercy of "outside" agency's depending on how booked up they are but it looks like the general thought is last week or second last week of July.
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline e13tankbuster

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Lol.. show car...I mean, no car problems
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 06:28:58 AM »
As long as it's after the 18th, I'm good.
EVL STi: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=39740.0
Hey, lazy, read the first friggin post in this thread.
Custom air and audio by Powersource Performance

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
Sooo.... Some things I'm shooting for entertainment wise.

Local radio station on site playing music and promoting the event.

RC Car races : its not an autocross no but it is competitive and everyone loves to win! If any RC people wanna help set this up and give me some ideas shoot me a PM.

Raffle prizes : Much like last year with some more awesome prizes ! again all the money spent on raffle tickets goes straight to charity and it sounds like there may be some awwwesome prizes this year!

Maybe a food truck on site for some super yummy eats! again this depends on location date time blah blah.

Car show judged by a forum member (4 different forums/Groups) plus a judge from on site vendors if they choose to do so.

Again we are planning to have Shirts as soon as we can hammer out some details as well as other sweet swag.

Any other fun and EASILY feasible events you people would like to see? I have a call into environment Canada to turn up the sun that day so hopefully they pull through

Offline StickyTires

• beards comin in nice
  • Version 3 Guinea Pig
  • Ride: 1997 WRX STi (Ver. 3), 1998 Forester s/tb
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
Jesse, I can take care of trophies again this year if you'd like to help me with categories and what have you. I can also get in touch with scott subaru again as well if we want to go that route. Get the new STI and FXT on site if possible. Don't think they'll allow test drives this year but its a good opportunity to see the new subie line up anyway. Last year they were handing out 10% of coupons for their parts department to anyone who wanted it so its a bit of a perk if anyone needs something (ie. coolant, wipers, block heaters, battery warmers, etc.).

I also have a contact at the LA Radio Group so I may be able to work something out there when we get some dates down.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
Yea ill most likley let you cover trophies again this year as mine were pretty ittshay last year lol.

You've got a text coming your way shortly

Offline Cagare

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 S2000, 2012 Tundra, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
We have a lot of good photographers in this community.  Depending on interest from these talented individuals "photo shoots" could be sold, with some of the proceeds going to charity. I know the Toronto-Subaru-Club did rig shots at their hypermeet last year.    This of course is based on the interest of a photographer willing to do it.

Another thing that is possible, depending on vendor interest, is having a mobile detailer there to do something simple, like headlight restorations.  Or a dent removal company to do dents at the meet.  These are two things I have seen at other meets in the past. 

Just throwing these ideas out there.  I don't know how easy they will be.  Any of these ideas could have some pre-sold before the day of the meet, and then the vendor could also sell more people while on site.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
We have a lot of good photographers in this community.  Depending on interest from these talented individuals "photo shoots" could be sold, with some of the proceeds going to charity...
Another thing that is possible, depending on vendor interest, is having a mobile detailer there to do something simple, like headlight restorations.  Or a dent removal company to do dents at the meet.  These are two things I have seen at other meets in the past. 

I like this idea maybe and on site quick buff or something with before and after photoshoot lol.

Its something I would definitely consider thanks for the idea! 

Any photogs willing to set something up? throw me a PM!

Offline Cagare

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 S2000, 2012 Tundra, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
If someone could convince Amby to subject himself to a dunk tank on-site that day and charge $5 dollars a throw I think that it would likely be the biggest way to raise money.  Heck, I think we may be able to charge even higher than that.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »
If someone could convince Amby to subject himself to a dunk tank on-site that day and charge $5 dollars a throw I think that it would likely be the biggest way to raise money.  Heck, I think we may be able to charge even higher than that.

Only if he wears a white tank top
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Blurple

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: '13 Plasma Blue STI
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »
Maybe umbrellas/tables/chairs where ever the food is going to be?
I think RC races would be neat!

I'd be down to come down early and help set up. I'm sure Scott (munsternoms) would be willing voluntold to as well.

Offline StickyTires

• beards comin in nice
  • Version 3 Guinea Pig
  • Ride: 1997 WRX STi (Ver. 3), 1998 Forester s/tb
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »
Yeah, we absolutely encourage that everyone brings a their camera and shoots some sweet photos. The more photos the better. If anyone is into video, I think it would be sweet for people to set up their gopros at random locations on their cars for the cruise to and from then mash it all together with some editing. But that starts getting complicated haha so if someone is interested in doing that, take the reins!!!

If one of or a conglomerate of our photographers want to get together and put together an "Official" photo album of the meet and sell it with proceeds going to charity, I think that would be really cool too! Just an idea!

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Editited with touched up version

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
Love it Jesse! That FRZ86 will be white too I'm assuming?

The thing with the photos is that to do a proper shoot it would be tough. I for one like to scout out my spots and know where I'm going.
I'd definitely be open to 'quick rips' up and down the aligned 2 lane road for a few rolling shots  and maybe close up detailed shots and stills at the end of the parking lot. 10 bones a piece with 50% going to the cause.

I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline Claw

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
Missing an S2000 picture.  :(
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
Wheres the gc Jesse??

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 02 Focus SVT, 17 Impretzel
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
Love it Jesse! That FRZ86 will be white too I'm assuming?
I'd rather see a BRZ, but an FR-S will do if they attend.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
I'd rather see a BRZ, but an FR-S will do if they attend.

I think he was including all variations of the same car (BRZ/FR-S/GT-86)
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 02 Focus SVT, 17 Impretzel
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
I think he was including all variations of the same car (BRZ/FR-S/GT-86)
That image is a Scion, but I get what you're saying.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »

Only if snackers and jutes are on board too. Maybe we should have a JDM car there for people to throw stuff at.

On a serious note, I think the judges should only be people independent from sponsors or vendors. I say this to avoid any allegations of favoritism. It's easier to deal with that on the front end. Vendors should be encouraged to show their wares and promote their services, but that should be completely separate from any car show or event. Remember, this is WSC's super meet, not [insert vendor's name]'s super meet. This will also make it easier to control how many judges you have. If 10 vendors show interest, do you really want to have 10 judges, plus a bunch of regular Joe judges to balance them out?

A combined meet could be good, but steps should be taken to promote mixing. At past Subaru meets, groups tended to stick to themselves. It'll be even worse at a combined Mitsubishi and Subaru show. You don't want all the Mitsubishis to park at one side and all the Subarus at another ,and the owners to act like kids at their first boy girl dance.

If it's a meet, there shouldn't be any price for admission. If the goal is to raise money for a charity, charge for food or drinks, have an auction for prizes, sell tickets for a raffle, whatever, but keep admission free.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
I agree with amby.

The picture was a quick mock up already working on a new logo . If you guys want to do up some ideas you are more than welcome ! We might even do up a contest for design

Offline e13tankbuster

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Lol.. show car...I mean, no car problems
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55:34 PM »
On a serious note, I think the judges should only be people independent from sponsors or vendors. I say this to avoid any allegations of favoritism.

+10
EVL STi: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=39740.0
Hey, lazy, read the first friggin post in this thread.
Custom air and audio by Powersource Performance

Offline KennyB

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Its more or less impossible to get a group of judges at a car meet/show that know the cars well enough to do a good job judging them and aren't bias in some way. Maybe we can try something different, vote ourselves rather than have it judged. Who knows our cars better than us? 
Every car that comes in gets a voting card with categories, and a sticker to write your user name on and stick on your license plate. An hour before voting we collect the cards, have a few people tally up the results and we have our winners. I think everybody is responsible enough to do this fairly and vote for the most deserving person, and will be a broad enough group of people to keep it pretty fair.
I just came up with that idea then so it could probably do with some tweaking.