Author Topic: SubMit 86' Super Meet 2014 ideas thread.  (Read 20909 times)

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
Re: WSC super meet 2014 ideas thread.
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »
It might be a good idea to not separate out the generations of subarus, might promote more communication between groups of friends.

Offline e13tankbuster

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Lol.. show car...I mean, no car problems
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
That's a good idea. That's what they did at that Rev for Le cure show last year.
EVL STi: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=39740.0
Hey, lazy, read the first friggin post in this thread.
Custom air and audio by Powersource Performance

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »
I think that can be a good thing, though. If the goal is to give prizes or trophies to the best looking cars, knowing about the build doesn't matter. Voting might work, but the big risk is that it'll just be a popularity contest. Ideally you want the people judging to have no idea who owns the car.

A good way to pick judges would be for the respective clubs taking part to pick their representatives themselves, however they want to do it.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline e13tankbuster

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Lol.. show car...I mean, no car problems
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
Could have a few people's choice categories where the crowd could vote, then other categories where there is some actual judges, be it vendors or show supporters. Wasn't the Subaru dealer guy one of the judges last year?
EVL STi: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=39740.0
Hey, lazy, read the first friggin post in this thread.
Custom air and audio by Powersource Performance

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:08 PM »
The rep from Subaru, Anthony from stage2 , the rep from y.e.s.s and stickytires were all part of the judging. I'm with you on  the parking situation and I've got a plan for that.

On the note for admission I'm not sure if you were there or not last year Amby but we did it so you when enter you pay for parking but get raffle tickets at the same time. This was our biggest source of donations last year and it also kept people around for the draw at the end. Is that system alright ?

I was thinking of a online pre registration as well and with that a signed spots a username / brief description on a plaque a map for parking and will make everything much much faster. As much as I loved running up to everyones windows with cash and tickets it wasn't efficient.

Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 02 Focus SVT, 17 Impretzel
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
+1 Amby dunk tank.
uckyfay, I'll give it a go if people want to get some revenge (you know who you are).

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
I liked the meets where you just showed up. If you wanted to spend money, you could, but you didn't have to.

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
I liked the meets where you just showed up. If you wanted to spend money, you could, but you didn't have to.

Those meets happen every week (at least in Edmonton). I don't think its too much to ask for members to throw some money toward a good cause for the largest meet of the year.

Offline Awolmonster

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 09 Wrx
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »
This sounds like an awesome idea. I just recently picked up a subaru, so I dont even know where you hold this meet. but I am down either way.

Offline funk32

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »

A small entry fee for a good cause shouldn't hurt anyone's wallet that owns a Subaru

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
Its more or less impossible to get a group of judges at a car meet/show that know the cars well enough to do a good job judging them and aren't bias in some way. Maybe we can try something different, vote ourselves rather than have it judged. Who knows our cars better than us? 
Every car that comes in gets a voting card with categories, and a sticker to write your user name on and stick on your license plate. An hour before voting we collect the cards, have a few people tally up the results and we have our winners. I think everybody is responsible enough to do this fairly and vote for the most deserving person, and will be a broad enough group of people to keep it pretty fair.
I just came up with that idea then so it could probably do with some tweaking.

Just pick some volunteers. Anyone who volunteers needs to have some background in subies, and they need to exclude their own cars. If some of the OG's make it out they'd make some great judges. I'd even volunteer myself.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline KennyB

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2014, 10:58:24 AM »
Just pick some volunteers. Anyone who volunteers needs to have some background in subies, and they need to exclude their own cars. If some of the OG's make it out they'd make some great judges. I'd even volunteer myself.
That would be the best route for Judging I agree but still would have lots of room for people being able to call favouritism which is what I was addressing. Even though it would be cool to have a prize or trophy awarded on members votes, each car registered would get one vote for their favourite car there. "The Members Choice Award" lol

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »
Its also not like we are putting the operating cost on the admission fee that's covered by me so 100% of your "fee" goes to you maybe winning some awesome stuff and to a charity... But yes I do see your point and there is parking that is free if you wanna just meander through the meet and look at the cars you are more then welcome to as well.

It also kind of prevents some one from rocking up in a big coal rolling lifted truck and stunting inside our car show as happens at free meets in Edmonton and did happen in reddeer when hosted by Vex we all remember them guys....

But this is all in its very infant stages of planning and things can be adjusted on the fly if need be. Hell last year we came up with the parking "plan" about 45 mins before people started rolling in. Its very few and far between (maybe once) that I've been to a car show where there was judging and prizes to be won but every car show like that had a entrance fee or registration fee.

Every car at the meet parked in the lot no matter if its Funks wallet on wheels. Assuntas Mrs BRZ, Jessica's forester or some one rocks up in the WSC red wagon every car is judged on different categories and everyone has a chance at winning.
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline funk32

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
Funks wallet on wheels.

WTF!! Hahah

I said I would volunteer to judge, I won't have my car down there this year and I am pretty good at no hold favs/grudges.. I am in for a great meet and to see some fun Whips lol. 

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »
A small entry fee for a good cause shouldn't hurt anyone's wallet that owns a Subaru

Its also not like we are putting the operating cost on the admission fee that's covered by me so 100% of your "fee" goes to you maybe winning some awesome stuff and to a charity... But yes I do see your point and there is parking that is free if you wanna just meander through the meet and look at the cars you are more then welcome to as well.

It also kind of prevents some one from rocking up in a big coal rolling lifted truck and stunting inside our car show as happens at free meets in Edmonton and did happen in reddeer when hosted by Vex we all remember them guys....

But this is all in its very infant stages of planning and things can be adjusted on the fly if need be. Hell last year we came up with the parking "plan" about 45 mins before people started rolling in. Its very few and far between (maybe once) that I've been to a car show where there was judging and prizes to be won but every car show like that had a entrance fee or registration fee.

Every car at the meet parked in the lot no matter if its Funks wallet on wheels. Assuntas Mrs BRZ, Jessica's forester or some one rocks up in the WSC red wagon every car is judged on different categories and everyone has a chance at winning.

It isn't about the quantum of the fee for me. I think it should be free to get in to the WSC super meet, just like as if it were any other meet. If there's a raffle, people should be able to decide whether they want to take part. You could even divide it up so only the people who pay can take part in the show. I think if you charge for the raffle, charge for the show, and charge for food, you'll more than make up for it and still be able to advertise entry to the meet itself as free.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
Entry is free though..... just not for your car lol theres a shady parking lot literally 5 feet from the gate that you can park and walk in its like separating the car show only between two lots.

All the vendors and stuff will be in the "show" lot but you are free to walk in walk out come and go as you please.

But like I said I would consider doing a different format

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
How many club members are going to want to park away from their friends though?

Whatever you guys decide is fine, I'm just suggesting an alternative to consider.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »
Appreciate it!  All input will be considered

Offline REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2005 Legacy GT, 2010 GTI, 1996 911 Turbo
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »
I agree there should be a small fee for having your car parked in the main lot. Like you said, it keeps the asshats in their lifted trucks away. Entrance for people should be free though like amby said, anyone should be allowed to come take a look at the cars without having to pay for a raffle they might not want to stick around for.

Offline funk32

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2014, 02:15:51 PM »
^^^^^ that how it was last year, you didn't have to pay for tickets.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Yep thats how we did it last year and it went well a few people chose to park in the other lot no big deal walk in and enjoy the day some people came in paid for parking and then left an hour later again awesome

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
An alternative is that if you want your car to be judged, then you can pay to "enter" and get a sheet to fill out your name and some details of the ride that you put on your windshield. If you dont want to enter your ride, but still want to feel included, then that's fine, you should still be able to park with everyone and show off your car... At the end of the day, I think of the Super Meet as a meet, not a car show... but that's just me.

Another alternative would be to have cash entry if you want to be judged and, if not, bring a canned good or something that can be donated to a local food bank.

Either way, I'll park in the VIP section with Jutes.

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »

Another alternative would be to have cash entry if you want to be judged and, if not, bring a canned good or something that can be donated to a local food bank.

Either way, I'll park in the VIP section with Jutes.

That's a good idea Zaider... it being the mid way point of summer a donation of school supplies for kids in need would be awesome too that was kind of what i was thinking as a non currency thing.

VIP parking is 2.5 euros

We probably wont get to thrash the new STi around the parking lot like we did the new BRZ last year so that's a bit of a loss but maybe things could be made to intice people to make donations and stuff *shrug* lots of good feed back on this so far so I'm happy with it that means people are at least taking a intrest in it.

Offline Blurple

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: '13 Plasma Blue STI
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »
and get a sheet to fill out your name and some details of the ride that you put on your windshield.

I'd like to add to this: Name Tags/Usernames for ALL THE WINDOWS. 

Offline lakelouise02bugeye

• Inarguably bearded
  • beards comin in nice
  • vroom vroom
  • Ride: 2001 evo 7
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:57 PM »
im gonna laminate my dyno sheet this year, maybe more people will look at my car then
Farewell :(  Your exhaust was inspirational.