Author Topic: SubMit 86' Super Meet 2014 ideas thread.  (Read 21079 times)

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
Re: WSC super meet 2014 ideas thread.
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 05:54:56 PM »
i like this.

ok jdm guys....  your parking.... is over...there.  no.  way over there.  where you cant be seen  ^-^

I believe the JDM line was the straightest last year  :D

Offline Bryan@TunerWorks

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »
Well, I talked to management and Tunerworks will be able to provide some prizes and merch for the show, if you'll have us. I'll be coming regardless.

As for prizes and swag, I'm going to see what I can get out of my suppliers for donations. The bigger the show, the bigger the prizes I should be able to get.
Tunerworks Performance Inc.
403-398-9833 ext 25
Please email bryan@tunerworks.com for pricing.
Facebook Flickr YouTube
Cobb / Perrin / Crawford / Cosworth / Areomotive / Performance / ACT / Exedy / DBA Australia / GTSpec / Mishimoto / Koyo / Hawk / Powerslot / Whiteline / Ferodo / Kartboy / Invidia / HRE Wheels / ADV.1 Wheels / Modulare Forged / Forgeline / BBS / Work Wheels / Advan / Volk / Ground Control / Hotchkis / KW Suspensions / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / & many more!

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »
Good news folks ! The WSC Super Meat now has a solid day and location. Saturday July 26 2014 Parkland mall Red Deer AB. This event will bring together members of the Regional Subaru Owners Club, YEG 86 club, Alberta Evolution, and the Western Subaru Club. There will be prizes , raffles, food! , and other events on going.
But I need your help in desiging a logo ! Try to include each make and/or club in the design. You have until May 7th to submit your designs you can post them either as a comment here or send a link to where it is hosted or email it to
wscsupermeet@gmail.com
Thank you all and stay tuned.
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »

This should just be a car meet at this point, and I don't think the WSC name should be involved at all.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »

This should just be a car meet at this point, and I don't think the WSC name should be involved at all.

Here here.
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 02 Focus SVT, 17 Impretzel
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »
Then call it an automotive enthusiast charity event.
Easy

Offline Scrambles

• Patchy Faced
  • That's doable.
  • Ride: 2004 wrx wagon
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 02 Focus SVT, 17 Impretzel
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2014, 01:41:18 PM »
Then call it an automotive enthusiast charity event.

As mentioned before, I believe an event of this type is called "Driven".

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Yeah I don't get how it's the WSC super meat when there are several other car clubs involved.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline A.J.

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2011 SWP STI Hatch
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
If you want a WSC License plate frame, PM me. Now available in black with white lettering!

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »

The reason that it was still called the WSC supermeet is because it

A) was started by WSC members
B) WSC allows all cars of all makes into its club with open arms
C) It reflects better upon the club having successful meets that members conduct their selves in a appropriate matter meaning WSC looks better as a whole.

But if most members on here do want it change just to Supermeet than we can put it to a vote.
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
I think it should be changed. It can still use the WSC but it isn't a WSC meet. It's a multi-club meet put on by some WSC members.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
I think it should be changed. It can still use the WSC but it isn't a WSC meet. It's a multi-club meet put on by some WSC members.

Agreed.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
Fair enough

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
The reason that it was still called the WSC supermeet is because it

A) was started by WSC members
B) WSC allows all cars of all makes into its club with open arms
C) It reflects better upon the club having successful meets that members conduct their selves in a appropriate matter meaning WSC looks better as a whole.

But if most members on here do want it change just to Supermeet than we can put it to a vote.

While the above is true, I'd like to speak to C) in that it can easily end up the reverse: misbehaving, hooning, side-ways-hat-wearing miscreants who are not a part of WSC and couldn't care less about WSC's reputation could in very short order drag our name through the mud by all manner of poor choices.

Something like this happened last month at a meet at Spanish Banks (the week before the Rev Scene Annual Spring Meet) which ended with 3-4 cars in the ditch and a fair bit of local media attention. A lot of people belonging to Rev Scene were worried that their reputation for hosting successful meets would be tarnished, and it wasn't even the same weekend.
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »
As the email is already created ill still keep that title but maybe we will make a new name

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
Maybe toss a disclaimer that anything said or done is not to be taken as representative of WSC.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
While the above is true, I'd like to speak to C) in that it can easily end up the reverse: misbehaving, hooning, side-ways-hat-wearing miscreants who are not a part of WSC and couldn't care less about WSC's reputation could in very short order drag our name through the mud by all manner of poor choices.

Something like this happened last month at a meet at Spanish Banks (the week before the Rev Scene Annual Spring Meet) which ended with 3-4 cars in the ditch and a fair bit of local media attention. A lot of people belonging to Rev Scene were worried that their reputation for hosting successful meets would be tarnished, and it wasn't even the same weekend.

Fair point. I suppose it is a two way street. We will make a new name / thread for it as it is a new event. All the contacts to this point have been made as me being a WSC member so our name is out there to the mall and they were very pleased with how we handled the event last year and I think this made them more open to hosting a event of this predicted size.

Again though fair points and the WSC will be removed from the supermeet title but will still be on the materials that we use unless the club would like the  logo and banner removed from that as well ? Again it is early enough in the stages that things can be changed.

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
If it's early enough to change, might as well.

Offline KennyB

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
I'll be in Newfieland for my cousins wedding that weekend :(.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
Will do

Everyone if you would like still drop ideas into this thread and ill still keep an eye out for it or send me a PM which ever.

A new thread will be created with a new name and a better flow. All up dates will be posted in to that thread and the first two posts will be reserved for quick accessable information so people know what to expect when showing up with all the rules laid out. All this talk of a meet and no one has made a I'm not going to the meet meet thread yet I'm a little shocked...

Anyways all thanks for the suggestions.

Stay tuned...

Offline thetallone

• beards comin in nice
  • Bazinga!
    • Edmonton Subaru Club
  • Ride: SWP 2009 WRX 265 Sedan
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
Not directed at anyone but if you don't like the new meet concept that includes other groups you don't need to come, there will be plenty of cars and awesome people without you. Just don't itchbay (Creative criticism is fine) and itshay on the related threads.
 :haplo90:

Just like last year I am looking for ideas for a cruise route.

Last years cruise never happened due to weather so we weren't even able to trial run my route through sylvan lake. However that might not work anymore with the expected size of the group this year and sylvan has some sizable speed bumps.

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
Not directed at anyone but if you don't like the new meet concept that includes other groups you don't need to come, there will be plenty of cars and awesome people without you. Just don't itchbay (Creative criticism is fine) and itshay on the related threads.
 :haplo90:

Just like last year I am looking for ideas for a cruise route.

Last years cruise never happened due to weather so we weren't even able to trial run my route through sylvan lake. However that might not work anymore with the expected size of the group this year and sylvan has some sizable speed bumps.

Not directed at anyone, except for all the people that have offered input on calling a multi-club meet a WSC meet. Telling people not to come to the WSC super meet, sorry, the WSC meet that actually involves several other clubs, how conducive of site-wide unity. This is why we can't have nice things, like a super meat. 

Offline KennyB

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »
I think that having other clubs involved could potentially turn this into a disaster. WSC has a much different group of people for the most part than general car clubs do as well as Subaru enthusiasts in general and conduct themselves much better than any other car club I've seen and that's why we can pull off meets like we do without ever having any issues like other meets do frequently.
The whole point of this was to have a WSC supermeet, I don't see the need to for it to grow beyond that really and not have a super meet at all because it grew into a general car show within 1 year.
I know it's probably too late in the game now to pull the plug on the other groups and didn't really think of it this way when I was talking to you two lastnight (Jesse and Nathan) but after reading through this and thinking about it I think it's going to turn into a shitshow since its guaranteed allot more fast and furious bros will be attending now.
As for the entry fee, If you can't fork out $5 for a good cause to attend a car meet you either didn't wan't to go very bad to begin with, are cheap as uckfay, or just like to complain if you can find something to complain about.