Author Topic: Husky Liners  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Saul

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2014 Forester 2.0XT Touring
Husky Liners
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:52:14 pm »
Well I went ahead and placed my order for a set of Husky Liners to fit my new 2014 Foz. 

The cost for the full set was $175 US plus $10 shipping.  After exchange it came out to $210.  I was charged $20 from Canada Post for Customs Clearance.  Total Cost $230.00

Shipment time was reasonable.  I placed my order on Monday May 5th, and received it on Friday May 16th.  So 10 business days roughly.

Initial impressions:  Very impressed with the product.  A perfect fit in the Foz.  Spiked bottom prevents any slippage.  One of the primary reasons I chose these ones over other ones is it covers the fuel door release switch.

We'll see how they do over the long term obviously, but I think they'll be great and will help protect my investment.

Pictures:

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
Re: Husky Liners
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:00:19 pm »
Where did you order them from?  I have been thinking about making the switch to them

Offline Saul

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »
Where did you order them from?  I have been thinking about making the switch to them

Direct from Husky Liners http://www.huskyliners.com/

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 12:26:26 am »
Nice review.  I'm gonna get a set at some point.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Dev

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:57:34 am »
Looks good, I'll be getting some before the messy season comes back. Hows the material? I like the textured feel of Weathertechs but it looks like the Huskyliners are more of a smooth plasticy feel.
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 06:32:28 am »
Not bad. Looks like only the depressions are textured. I wonder if the high points will give you something to slip your wet heel on?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:52 pm »
So... why would you WANT to have the fuel door release covered?
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Rich

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: '18 H6 Outback '20 Legacy GT
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »

I assume to prevent stuff from getting underneath the lever
Contact me for your eyewear needs!

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »
I assume to prevent stuff from getting underneath the lever

I dunno. Never had an issue with that, and I think it would be more annoying to lift it up each time you're getting gas. But that's just me.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Rich

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: '18 H6 Outback '20 Legacy GT
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 01:25:14 pm »
I dunno. Never had an issue with that, and I think it would be more annoying to lift it up each time you're getting gas. But that's just me.

I've seen it be an issue to people who never clean their cars, or shake the crap off their mats.  Eventually, a bunch of grit/rocks/whatever gets in there.
Contact me for your eyewear needs!

Offline Saul

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »
Not bad. Looks like only the depressions are textured. I wonder if the high points will give you something to slip your wet heel on?
Looks good, I'll be getting some before the messy season comes back. Hows the material? I like the textured feel of Weathertechs but it looks like the Huskyliners are more of a smooth plasticy feel.

It's a smooth finish, with a plastic but almost rubber feel to it.  I'm not using them right now, but at some point over the summer I'm sure I'll throw them in for a weekend hiking trip and see how they stand up to water / mud.  I could see them being a little slippery, but I'll report back on this.

In my Impreza I found over the winter the fuel release switch got very dirty and filled with little rocks easily and was kinda a pain in the assay to clean.  So I do like that it is covered and that will help keep it clean.  It takes nothing at all to fold the mat back a little to release the switch, as demonstrated in the pic.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:00 pm »
Dale's Alignment and Brake also carries Husky.  They're nice for GD's in that they cut off higher than WeatherTech, but (for the GD's) they use an ugly diamond pattern that belongs on a truck's chrome. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 02:08:16 pm »
Tried for a while to get them from Dales, but no luck.

So I ordered a set on Ebay from PartsExpress for $178+GST, free shipping.

Ships from out east, should have them in a week or two.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 WRX
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »
I've been running a set of these guys in my car since October of last year (didn't bother to switch over to carpeted floor mats because my parking pad is constantly muddy). They are great in my GD, fit perfectly, had the little section for the cover for the fuel door/trunk release, but I cut it out after getting frustrated with it after a few weeks. Haven't had any slipping issues with the texture of the mat except during the middle of the winter when I had a little frozen pond built up. Beyond that, they fit great, great price and work perfectly.

I got mine from JB's Powercenter in Calgary, but can't remember what retail was on them. I worked there when I bought them, so I got them at cost essentially, but I think retail for the front set was around $110 for the pair. Good option for anyone wanting to buy them locally/avoid internet.