Author Topic: Rathburn's 2015 WRX - Roxanne  (Read 27860 times)

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
Re: Rathburn's 2015 WRX - Roxanne
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 10:14:01 pm »
I figured that's who you meant. But I'm probably going to just keep the 17 inch BBS's on and keep them around to use as AutoX wheels, since they're the same size as stock for me. Pretty content with how my car sits at the moment.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 10:18:34 pm »
As long as we ("I") are being vultures I'd also be interested in the 18's if you change your mind on them. ;)

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:18 pm »
IF I decide to change my mind, I'll definitely let you know first.  8)

But I'm pretty sure Roxanne's days are over, she don't have to sell her body to the night. According to Sting and I anyways.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline GTRAuto

• Vendor
  • Stubbly Faced
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 10:09:19 am »
congrats!!

love the color!
info@gtrauto.ca
www.gtrauto.ca

COBB, Motul, RedLine, KW, SONAX, Invidia

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:20 am »

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 09:53:54 am »
Got the STI Exhaust put on yesterday. Sounds good, just enough to hear it, not enough to be annoying or sound like a ricer. Looks great too.

Offline SnakeonaCake

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 97 GC8 Sti Ver3
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 10:32:39 am »
Dude from seeing your old one in person to the STI exhaust this looks really tight on your car. Can't wait to hear it!
Show off space coming soon.. maybe..probably..

Gone // 07 Wrx Sti WRB

New // 97 GC8 Sti Ver3

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 12:43:41 pm »
Dude from seeing your old one in person to the STI exhaust this looks really tight on your car. Can't wait to hear it!

Thanks! The old ones looked good, but these look even better. Now that it's sunny, maybe I'll even tempt washing her  :D

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:16 pm »

Thanks for snapping photo's while I was out on course, 05LGT!

First Autocross event with the new car. Gotta say, I love it. Started off fairly slow in the morning, 63.207 was my best time. I wasn't terribly impressed with that time and knew I could do better, but I was still learning the car, and didn't want to push too hard, too fast. By the afternoon, I'd dropped down to 58.412, and was feeling much more comfortable and confident in the car. The 58.4 put me right in contention with a lot of competitive cars (relative to myself and my car anyways) including 350Z, S2000's, FRS/BRZ's, Genesis Coupe's, a 370Z, Miata's, and I even managed to put down a run that was faster than 2 of the 4 Se7ens. Considering my low level of experience, lack of spirited running in the car, and utterly stock tires, I was satisfied with my fastest run of the day.

Very much looking forward to this weekends activities in Ft. MacLeod. Also, uckfay the winter, but I'm really excited to do the Ice Cup again next year out on Ghost Lake.

Engage TRAC-MODE!

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »
Hit 20.5 PSI boost on my gauge at one of the Autocross events, just noticed a couple days ago because I usually have the triple meter up with boost/oil temp/throttle pos.

Took a couple photos for itshays and giggles and also because Rokblokz emailed me and asked if I had any pics of my car with the flaps installed to use on their website, though I imagine they ask everyone who buys their products. This one turned out pretty cool.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »
Did you end up going back for the Sunday event?  You were pretty down pretty good times at the practice event.

I have a couple of photos I have been meaning to post up, just was not super happy with how they turned out.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 01:58:43 pm »
Didn't end up going back down, but then wished I had. Just had a few other things I wanted to take care of.
I was really happy with those times in the afternoon, the first few after lunch. Felt I was getting consistent as well, and shifting up into third helped me carry even more speed towards the end (and stay out of the limiter!). I'll definitely be at all the remaining events this month, and try to make a bunch more this year. I signed up for a membership, so it's possible I can still get some championship points and make a decent go of it (have to hit up 7 of 11 events)

Interestingly, the mudflap that was bent back on my RF corner (the one I clocked a cone with) ended up knocking my side skirt back on it's mountings. it was about 10-15mm out of alignment. Didn't even have to unscrew it to line it back up though, slid right back in to place with just some light persuasion. I did end up losing a mounting screw for the flap though, so I'll have to grab one from le auto supply shop. I was just waiting for a couple extra clips to show up from RB that I was originally missing before I went and took everything off to fix it up again. Might adjust them to stick out a little bit less, I think I put them max out when I installed them.

If you have even a couple good ones, I'd be interested in seeing them. I know it was overcast and maybe not ideal conditions, but I'm sure they're not too bad. Can't be any worse than my Sony point'n'shoot or iPotato pics!

Offline Fry

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Swiggity Swooty
  • Ride: Oscar meyer weiner
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

Engage TRAC-MODE!

Guess break in periods are overrated these days...?
It's an 08.
It was a lemon before it even achieved rebuilt status.

Offline 05LGT

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Trained Trunk Monkey
  • Ride: Toyota Echo RS
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:49 pm »

1600km is spec according to Subaru, he had over 1600km on the car at the first event...
I don't name things I know I'm going to sell eventually. Hence why I'd never name any kids I had.

If you can't go fast with 90HP, 900HP won't help you. - Bob Hall

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »

Yeah, they really are. Car was showing 18.5 PSI boost already hit when I got it with 13km. They break 'em in from the factory these days. Also, cars are made to much tighter tolerances and don't need the extended break in time of older cars.

Going back to my own ittshay math:

Break in? The way I understand it, these cars are basically broken in from the factory. Hard break in's are where it's at these days! :D

Are you considering the 3000 km first oil change to be your break in? Or the more standard 5000 km? I've heard that the first 20 km are really what matters most. By my ittshay math, if you average 3000 rpm for +/-5.75 hours, your engine will have made 1,000,000 revolutions.

1600km is spec according to Subaru, he had over 1600km on the car at the first event...

Definitely. I've noticed no oil being burnt or anything either. Still at the F mark on the dipstick. Also, the only people that buy cars like this and don't get into it a bit right away are masochists.

Offline superman-4

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 05 WRX Wagon
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 07:55:45 am »
Gorgeous car man, I really dig the gold on red.  Any performance mods planned?  Are there any stage 1/2 options out there yet for the 2015s?

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:40 am »
Gorgeous car man, I really dig the gold on red.  Any performance mods planned?  Are there any stage 1/2 options out there yet for the 2015s?

Thanks! It's a combo that I've always liked, even though some people, *cough LilDrunkenSmurf *cough, think red isn't a real Subaru colour  ;).

Nothing planned yet. Got the STI exhaust for it, which sounds awesome by the way, but that's it for now. I'm most likely going to leave it stock for at least another summer after this one to stay in a stock class at Autocross. I know Mishimoto is developing a down pipe, and of course COBB is working on an  access port. AVO has an intercooler available, and I'm sure there will be a steady trickle of parts being released over the next little while as more companies get their hands on them.

I'm sure I'll eventually grab some stuff for it, But I just want to enjoy it as is for now. Stage 1/2 is definitely a probability in the future along with a bit of suspension work I think. 

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 08:41:22 am »
I need to hear that exhaust.

Also, paint it blue.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:38 am »
I need to hear that exhaust.

Also, paint it blue.

It doesn't sound like my car is trying to vomit it's engine internals inside the fender, but it sounds pretty good. I'll make sure you get a good listen the next time I see you.

Not gonna happen. Red Rockets, man. I'm just bringing it back to the old school

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »
Finally remembered to take a picture of my mad boost!

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2014, 09:39:02 pm »
Sunday July 20th Autocross at Fort MacLeod today, early morning cruise down.  Great weather, only had the point and shoot and took this one quickly.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:18 am »
Thanks Cagare. Good day out there.

Looks like my fuel economy was a little poor

Next for me is to adjust my mudflaps so they don't stick out so much. Front right seems to collect cones, and knock my side skirt back on its mounting screws/clips/Tanuki snot/whatever dark magic holds them on.

According to the stats, I'm in second place running towards committing cone genocide. Hopefully next time it'll only be a cone massacre.

Cone counts:
Rank Car# Driver         Cones
   1   12 Jens-Timothy H   15
   2  417 Chris P               13
   3    9 Ryan C                 12
   4  419 Adam S              10

uckfay you, Clark Kent.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 12:51:16 pm »
Well, it's nice to know I did not hit the most cones.

My afternoon "fun" runs were substantially better than the morning.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »
Well, it's nice to know I did not hit the most cones.

My afternoon "fun" runs were substantially better than the morning.

Couldn't let you have all the fun.

That's alright, my fastest clean run was almost 1.5 seconds down on my overall fastest run, so I need to work on being a little tidier. From what I understood talking to the more experienced guys with a beer afterwards, overall I'm not bad, need to improve in the slalom, which is generally the only place I was taking out cones. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 03:25:30 pm »
Couldn't let you have all the fun.

That's alright, my fastest clean run was almost 1.5 seconds down on my overall fastest run, so I need to work on being a little tidier. From what I understood talking to the more experienced guys with a beer afterwards, overall I'm not bad, need to improve in the slalom, which is generally the only place I was taking out cones. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

Yes, I think I took out every cone in the slalom in one run.