Author Topic: Delphi's 2011 6 Speed Swapped WRX - Car is finished - 415WHP!  (Read 10990 times)

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
Re: Delphi's Re-imagined, revamped I hate the CAD $ Build
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 01:06:00 pm »
Great build. Let me know when you have a free evening. I want to pick your brain about some of the parts you have as I had them on my "list"
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRX Hatch WRB
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 07:10:06 pm »
Great build. Let me know when you have a free evening. I want to pick your brain about some of the parts you have as I had them on my "list"

pm sent  :D
~Mods~
CNT Quad Tip Catback, Custom Catless Downpipe, AEM 340 Fuel Pump,Turbo XS Front Mount Intercooler, BorgWarner S257SXE Turbo,ID1000 injectors, Grimmspeed EBCS. Manley H-Tuff Rods, Manley 99.75mm pistons, ARP 2000 Headstuds, 79mm OEM Crank, STI 6 Speed Swap, Cadillac ATS Brembos, Tomei ELH, AEM Meth Injection

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 10:10:43 am »
So I have something worth Updating.

I swapped over to an 11mm oil pump and also got to test a Great North Performance Timing Belt guide. The 11mm oil pump bumped pressures up perfectly. I will feel more comfortable running even a 5-30 oil with but will stick with a 5-40 like rotella or Amsoil.

Here is the fitment of the Great North Performance timing belt guide. I cannot say enough good things about Michael and GNP. Fantastic Made in Canada parts! I look forward to what other parts he creates.

~Mods~
CNT Quad Tip Catback, Custom Catless Downpipe, AEM 340 Fuel Pump,Turbo XS Front Mount Intercooler, BorgWarner S257SXE Turbo,ID1000 injectors, Grimmspeed EBCS. Manley H-Tuff Rods, Manley 99.75mm pistons, ARP 2000 Headstuds, 79mm OEM Crank, STI 6 Speed Swap, Cadillac ATS Brembos, Tomei ELH, AEM Meth Injection

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
Well i started the endeavour of tuning my car myself. Quite the learning curve but to me it is nearly as satisfying as building motors, and now bringing everything together is awesome.

Don't get me wrong I still one day will like to get Airboy to tune my car but with my current turbo I am happy with where it is at. Once I go larger to a rotated turbo and meth then Airboy it is.

Timing needs a little more work in 4th gear as it goes 12.5 - 12 back to 12.5 but still it is hauling arse now on pump gas. Also could possibly raise timing 1° overall as I have not had any counts of knock at all just bagging on this thing.

Here is a datazap of the log
http://www.datazap.me/u/d-e-l-p-h-i/22-psi-rescaled-maps?log=0&data=4-11-17-20

Here is a google drive version
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bP0VP6d1ctYWVKellxbGo5Mlk

Here is an Airboy dyno

Virtual Dyno

So basically timing needs a bit more work on spool up just to smooth it.  And maybe lean it a bit but so far it is running great.
~Mods~

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
From the DEAD!

I bought a new clutch because the used one which was organic is basically dead after a few launches but it got the car on the road and I knew it wouldn't last too long.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/single-disc-clutches/cci1-15030-1620-competition-clutch-stage-4-6-puck-clutch-kit

BOOM Stage 4 Comp Clutch 6 puck sprung. Can't wait for the spring now to see what it does. Maybe in the spring I will be able to get some ELH depending on how the winter goes for work and all of that.
~Mods~

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
Re: Delphi's 2011 6 Speed Swapped WRX - New Clutch Ordered
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 08:43:12 am »
Small update. Will be getting some Tomei Equal Lengths soon. Just need to order them :) Maybe around tax time.

But I have been working on this.  Got some rotors coming in, have legit brembo pads for them and all the pins. Honestly the most expensive part for the swap is the damn adapter brackets.

~Mods~

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Delphi's 2011 6 Speed Swapped WRX - Brembo Swap incoming
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:17 am »
Awesome. Did you order the calipers from RockAuto?
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 09:46:09 am »
Awesome. Did you order the calipers from RockAuto?

One from Amazon because I have prime and it was like 150ish after tax.

The other from www.buyautopartsonline.ca

Both were the cheapest I found and I have a friend who works for chevrolet and can get parts for cost+10%.
~Mods~

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 07:08:53 am »
Got one side on for the brembos. Have to do the other side yet but the car needs to be moved.

Terrible picture I will have to get a better one.

You, vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.
~Mods~

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Delphi's 2011 6 Speed Swapped WRX - Cadillac ATS Brembo's on!
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 07:40:18 am »
Hmmmm looks fantastic.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:46 am »
Damn that's awesome

Offline A.J.

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2019 Audi RS3
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 07:51:24 am »
Those brakes look good, I've got some black brembo decals left over from my brake swap if you need some.
If you want a WSC License plate frame, PM me. Now available in black with white lettering!

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 08:11:07 am »
Those brakes look good, I've got some black brembo decals left over from my brake swap if you need some.

Thanks for the offer  :)  I had a friend make me some red ones to go on them.  Hoping I can get my car moved tonight so I can do the other side. I don't have a starter in it right now lol.
~Mods~

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1990 240sx
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2017, 08:13:07 am »
Looks good. Needs a decal for maximum street cred! haha . Cant wait to see this around Sherwood Park!

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2017, 08:16:57 am »
Looks good. Needs a decal for maximum street cred! haha . Cant wait to see this around Sherwood Park!

I am getting a serious itch right now.  I will have to meet up with some people for coffees for sure!

I have a front mount kit in my basement... Going to be getting some Tomei ELH in the next month or so. Clutch waiting to go in. Sitting on a lot of fun parts and now that I got that brembo on I just can't wait. Plus the nice weather is just killing me.
~Mods~

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2017, 08:20:12 am »
For sure I wanna see/hear this! The warm weather is such a tease.

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:57 am »
Small little update. Got the motor out for the clutch swap and I will be doing the headers while it is out. Took my flywheel to The Block Shop to get resurfaced. They did a bang up job on it, even sandblasted it for me. It literally looks brand new, I asked them if they didn't just give me a new one haha.  Heading to First Gear tomorrow after work to order/buy off the shelf some Tomei Equal Length Headers.

~Mods~

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
Re: Delphi's 2011 6 Speed Swapped WRX - Tomei Equal Length Headers!!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 07:56:18 am »
Well, yesterday I went to First Gear in Edmonton and picked up some Tomei Equal Length Headers. I am so stoaked and the car is almost ready to be on the road. All I need now is the stock throttle body to intercooler coupler for 08-14 WRX's.  So if anyone has one laying around hit me up because I want it  ;D

Anyways here are some crappy cell pics of the Tomei Headers. Let me say the build quality is top notch. The tubing thick and the welds are great. There is a reason why Killer B actually recommends these as alternative equal lengths to theirs when price is a concern.

~Mods~

Offline jakesubie

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 08:07:34 am »
Headers look great . I Wanna hear those EL ! I have a throttle bottle coupler for stis... lol.

Offline VTAKLOL

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 08:42:17 am »
Damn, those look awesome dude! Tomei quality has always been top notch in my experience.

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 09:01:42 am »
Thanks guys!

Trying to hold out on finding a used coupler here but if not I'll buy a nice silicon one. Might get the motor back in this weekend, well see how ambitious I get :)
~Mods~

Offline the_saint

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 STi
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 09:49:06 am »
Beautiful headers :) 

The ELH are on my list of things to do. :)

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 09:51:44 am »
Beautiful headers :) 

The ELH are on my list of things to do. :)

Hit up First Gear in Edmonton. They're great and you wont find a better price trust me. Even though a quick hand calc says somewhere in the states is cheaper then you got hammered with duty and shipping it will come out more.  Also First Gear offers a 1 year warranty.
~Mods~

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 10:07:50 am »
Beautiful man. Cant wait to hear this thing purrrr.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

Offline Delphiwrx

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
Car is getting closer, I haven't been going balls to the wall on it rushing to get it done, mostly just putzing on it.  Still waiting on a damn throttle body coupler that is supposed to come in.

But really threads are worthless without pictures so here are some!
ELH on the motor!

Got a new tool for the garage. I love my air tools but this is nice because I won't be blasting bolts apart if I get careless.

Intercooler Mounted. Naked front end as well  >:D

Piping is a bit difficult to route and is very tight on my AEM intake filter. I may be looking for a smaller one. Also had to relocate the horn on this side but it all clears. That bosch impact makes short work of it.

Started making brackets to relocate my coolant res. These are out of mild steel. I have some extremely strong steel as well of the same size but I am not sure I can even drill thru it. It is roughly 3x as strong as the mild steel, much more rigid but extraordinarily hard. Same stuff used for bullet proof plate and wear plates for heavy equipment. Not sure I can even bend it like I did with the mild without cracking it. Don't worry the brackets will be primed and painted as well. I am not a savage haha.

~Mods~