Author Topic: Mexico Family Vacation  (Read 2134 times)

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Mexico Family Vacation
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »
Hey guys,

I have been to mexico several times, usually the same spot, only because the kids are the most important part.
My son is 4 and my neice is 7.
We always go about an hour south of Cancun in the Myan.

Anyone else out there with family\kids recommend a good spot?
Budget is not as important as fun :)

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
Re: Mexico Family Vacation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 04:01:24 pm »
Akumal resort is nice, been there a few times. Not the massive resort type, just real quiet with a lot of beach. Excellent spot for snorkelling.

BTW, should be in OT.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:05:57 pm »

BTW, should be in OT.

don't get your knickers in a knot....
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:06:40 pm »
Justes you gota link?

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 04:07:47 pm »

Offline dubkeith

• Beards Comin in Nice
    • Motorrad Performance
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 04:14:18 pm »
My brother was married in the Maya ad we stayd at the El Dorado Royale. Wasnt cheap by any means, but i was super impressed with the ammenities they had for kids. There was an awesome Pirate Ship with fresh ocean water pumped in, a kid snorkle pond, kid volleyball, soccer and tons of staff playing with the kids. Also, every restaurant had kids menus, even the resrervation only fondu house and Japanese joint. It seemed very secure and looked like a lot of fun. We didn'y have abny kids with us at all though.

Offline plugged.in

• Patchy Faced
    • http://www.musicandtech.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 04:17:20 pm »
Hey man, I've been in mexico since Sep. 23rd, and I'm expected to stay a full 3 months.

Honestly, it depends where you go but even cancun is pretty quiet at this time of year. If your booking mid dec-end of march, stay out of cancun because the parties will be there.

Cozumel is a very chill island that caters (mainly) to cruise go-ers however, it is still a really relaxed place to be. No matter where you go (even downtown) you won't find too many rowdy crowds (if any).

Akumel, like jutes said, is an extremely calm place but I'm not sure if YOU & wifey want to go out at night time. The akumel life isn't very huge, but if it's all about the kids & you enjoy privacy, there are beaches in akumel that you may be the ONLY people there. Also, if you decide to visit akumel, PM me and I can show you an unmarked senote (hole in the ground you can jump into and land in fresh seawater connected to divers caves {i hope that made sense, I've been drinking brandy since noon})

Playa is less of a party but there are a lot of females dogs. 8:1 ratio at this time of the year.

in between playa and cancun is a resort, a place where you never have to leave. 12+ bars, dozens of shops, nice beach etc. just no town to discover (and if you don't want to explore this place is for you)

mmm merida is also a cool part of mexico, but you won't really have any close beaches.

So what EXACTLY are you looking for? I should be able to point you in the right direction (as long as it's EAST mexico)

P.S. barcelo (barcelo tucancun) is an adults only place now. (Basically singles go there to Phhhhu*k)

The other barcelos are decent, but again it depends what EXACTLY you're looking for.

Also check out trip advisor (www.tripadvisor.com), and read reviews about the hotels & things to do/places to eat. really helpful site if you spend long enough researching.

P.P.S.
There are many hotels in cancun which offer similar to what dudekeith described. PM me if you have any other questions
Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me...

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 04:17:45 pm »
Just to give you guys a ball park.
My first year was 4800 for 4 of us, my son was free 5 days
my second year was 6600 4 of us 5 days
third year was 6700 4 of us 5 days

I was quoted 11,300 for 10 days same place.

Mostly looking for a place we can put the kids and feel safe about it. At Barcelo we let them roam a little more than our first year, because i know exactly what to expect out of the resort and staff. Even when my niece ended up with 2 stitches right next to her eye, they were awesome in getting her the medical attention she needed.

Offline flipincanadian

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 08 FSXT
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 08:56:22 pm »
When my family and I went last March we went to the Playa del Carmen.  I can"t remember the name of the actualy resort, but it had little cabins/bungalow's along with a couple of swimming pools and it's own beach.  It was great,like a 10 minute walk from some great shopping and a short busride to more touristy things like snorkeling/ruins.  I would definitely recomend it and can't wait to go back there. 

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 11:02:02 pm »
Kinda offtopic, but why do people go to resorts near warm salt water yet spend all day next to the pool? I can do that back home.

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 12:37:46 am »
Also, if you decide to visit akumel, PM me and I can show you an unmarked senote (hole in the ground you can jump into and land in fresh seawater connected to divers caves
Is that THE cenote, or just another one?  If it's THE cenote, then we're definitely going while I'm down.

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:01:16 am »
Kinda offtopic, but why do people go to resorts near warm salt water yet spend all day next to the pool? I can do that back home.

I ask the same question....but now i know..the kids don't like the salt all day, they don't mind the morning tho, usualy in the afternoon we spend by the pool. Last year my niece and i went snorkeling with the sea turtles in the afternoon. So it totally depends.