Author Topic: Plans for 2014-2015?  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
Plans for 2014-2015?
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:16:35 pm »
Hey guys, what's your plans for the 2014-2015 season? Mountains you want to shred, building your own park, tricks you want to master, gear you want to purchase, your road trip set-up?
 Post em!
Personally I want to visit all the mountains I did last year ( Marmot, Lake Louise and Kicking Horse) id also like to check out Sun Peaks, Sunshine and any others I can. Hopefully with the help of my brothers and friends we can reopen our own park "Farm Park" and with the help of that ill be able to start learning some basic tricks. I hope to have the Rex outfitted with a roof rack so I can make some road trips to the Rockies with my buddies.
Look forward to seeing what you guys have planed.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
Re: Plans for 2014-2015?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »
If you end up going to kicking horse again head over to revel stoke. You will not be dissapointed, best riding I have ever done.

Also I want to see some photos of this Farm Park you set up!

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:44:30 am »
Aww yes Farm Park, basically our take of our own freestyle park. We built this together with my brother, his friend Levi and a bunch of help from other friends as well. The park ran great from December to late January until a spring of warm weather turned it all to ice and basically killed all the motivation we had. We spent many hours on this often staying up until 2 am on weekdays. Hopefully things go our way and we can rebuild, anyone is welcome to ride as long as your not a dick and grab a shovel! More pictures and videos can be found on our instagram page @_farmpark_ (sadly I was the only skier so all the pictures do not include me :'( )

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:03 am »
Damn, looks like you guys put a lot of effort into building those jumps. Looks like a lot of fun! Do you set up any rails etc?

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:50:35 am »
We plan to build some for this season. ass-well as make many more jumps.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:11:19 am »
Well if you ever need a hand with building I would be down to come help and ride after!

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 12:24:29 pm »
You bet! Aslong as you work, bring beer or gas for the generator your free to ride!

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »
Haha seems like a fair deal!

Offline 05LGT

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Trained Trunk Monkey
  • Ride: Toyota Echo RS
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:29 am »
My plan is to not have unexpected surgery mid season and miss two months this year.  Pretty much wasted my pass last year because of that.
I don't name things I know I'm going to sell eventually. Hence why I'd never name any kids I had.

If you can't go fast with 90HP, 900HP won't help you. - Bob Hall

Offline Jukka

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 WRX
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »
My plan is to actually get out more than 3 times like I did last year. My biggest problem I found was finding people to go with/finding people to go with close to the same skill level. I went once with my fiance who is still learning to ski (almost parallel), and two other times with old co-workers who claimed they were awesome snowboarders, but when I went out with them, we stuck to nothing but green and blue runs and I would finish the run and wait for at least 5 min per run. We would get in maybe 10 runs a day and they would all be just really slow cruising runs. Never got a chance to ski the steep or deep, and only got to ski at sunshine.

Offline 05LGT

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Trained Trunk Monkey
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
My plan is to actually get out more than 3 times like I did last year. My biggest problem I found was finding people to go with/finding people to go with close to the same skill level. I went once with my fiance who is still learning to ski (almost parallel), and two other times with old co-workers who claimed they were awesome snowboarders, but when I went out with them, we stuck to nothing but green and blue runs and I would finish the run and wait for at least 5 min per run. We would get in maybe 10 runs a day and they would all be just really slow cruising runs. Never got a chance to ski the steep or deep, and only got to ski at sunshine.

I can't stand that.  I tried with a few friends that have skill but itch-bay about equipment and foot pain and slow us all down, can't do it.
I don't name things I know I'm going to sell eventually. Hence why I'd never name any kids I had.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »

+1!!

Don't get me wrong, I love cruising the green/blue once in awhile just to mess around on but I also like to ride the more advanced stuff as well.

Also a month or 2 before opening at sunshine for example we should plan a cruise/trip to opening weekend. Edmonton guys could cruise to Calgary and then the Calgary guys join for the remaining cruise to Banff or wherever we decide to go.

Seems like there are a lot of you who ride on WSC so it would be a decent size cruise I would imagine. Plus a fun weekend of riding and whatever other shenanigans we get up to.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 08:44:53 am »
Definitely down for that cruise! I remember we talked about this at the end of last season, and it just didnt end up happening. I'll look into it more, then start a thread on it and see if we can't actually do it this time.

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 08:50:59 pm »
Would definitely be down for a cruise!

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 11:52:50 am »
I have never been to a mountain for opening due to work or whatever else has gotten in the way. What are the mountains like opening weekend? Was one mountain better than the other?

Offline 05LGT

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Trained Trunk Monkey
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:34 pm »
I have never been to a mountain for opening due to work or whatever else has gotten in the way. What are the mountains like opening weekend? Was one mountain better than the other?

I skied powder in the glades at Nakiska opening day the last two years in a row lol.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 11:30:23 am »
Well first snowfall of the year for Edmonton anyways, getting pretty excited to start riding! Maybe we should start looking into getting this group cruise/weekend trip together for opening?

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:41 pm »
I have a few ideas on the table at the moment....

Although opening days aren't the greatest (due to long lines, minimal snow, no parks, etc.), I am curious as to how many of you would be down for an opening day/weekend cruise.

Also, i'm looking at going down to revelstoke/golden right after exams (16th to the 23rd of December), and/or another right after Christmas and before the new year. I'm curious as to if any of you would be down for a cruise then.

Let me know, and i'll try and get something going on plans!

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »
I have a few ideas on the table at the moment....

Although opening days aren't the greatest (due to long lines, minimal snow, no parks, etc.), I am curious as to how many of you would be down for an opening day/weekend cruise.

Also, i'm looking at going down to revelstoke/golden right after exams (16th to the 23rd of December), and/or another right after Christmas and before the new year. I'm curious as to if any of you would be down for a cruise then.

Let me know, and i'll try and get something going on plans!

Me and a few of my friends, all of which just bought Subarus (forester xt, 07 STi and 2011 STi) are going to cruise down to Banff for opening I believe. As for after Christmas me and the same group of guys have been talking about heading to revy for new years. So if something does get planned you can pretty well count us all in.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 02:06:10 pm »
Me and a few of my friends, all of which just bought Subarus (forester xt, 07 STi and 2011 STi) are going to cruise down to Banff for opening I believe. As for after Christmas me and the same group of guys have been talking about heading to revy for new years. So if something does get planned you can pretty well count us all in.

Awesome! I'll talk to some of my buddies and see if we can't get something planned for revelstoke/golden. I'll start a thread up on here as soon as I have concrete dates, etc.

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 04:28:21 pm »
If I have an engine swapped into my wrx I am definitely taking part in this. What route do you guys usually take to get to Banff?

Offline darthekai

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2002 toyota tacoma 4dr (RTT crowdsourced with NFTs)
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 05:34:54 pm »
Im in for some opening day action. Rode bikes yesterday at KH so im sure its not gonna be for a while, but the white stuffs got me all antsy in the pantsy.

As for plans:
-Ride Revvy finally
-Do some b/c in rodgers. Always hard because the length of weekends and the near-neccessity for an overnight trip.
-Check out Waterton area for the b/c
-Do a trip to Rossland and ride Red/Rossland range.
-Ride @ fernie whenever a dump occurs.

Park looks AWESOME. Nice work.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru(sold) Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »
If I have an engine swapped into my wrx I am definitely taking part in this. What route do you guys usually take to get to Banff?

Awesome to hear some more interest! I always just head south to Calgary, then head west through Canmore, Louise, Field, Golden, and then stop in Revelstoke. Due to the trip taking 8 hours (on a good day), and then around 9-10 if rogers pass is in rough shape, I don't really enjoy taking a longer route than needed.

Example of how rogers pass has been nasty in the past:

What would normally take an hour to get from Golden to Revelstoke, took us 2.5 hours due to really really bad road conditions, limited visibility, and everyone going approx 50 km an hour.

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:17 pm »
Park looks AWESOME. Nice work.
Thanks, we got about 3 cm of snow here today :o (Edson Ab.) Now im more excited then ever for the season!

Offline Down5hift

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »
We usually take a 100km gravel road, saves a bunch of time.

All other routes take us 5-6 hours, while the gravel road takes us 3-4.