Author Topic: whytes (blue) 2015 wrx  (Read 1200 times)

Offline whyte

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2015 wrx
whytes (blue) 2015 wrx
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:50:26 am »
I debated starting one of these...but I figure as all I did while I was waiting for my car to come was read "build" threads on 2015's soooooo here we are.

I signed the papers on an order one spontaneous day in November, a December build with an expected delivery date of mid February...
the newbaru is replacing a 2007 wrx limited that was starting to feel like a highschool sweetheart as you enter your early 20's
We've changed, its not the same anymore..I'm sorry, Its not me its you...

So January 12th rolls around and I get an email saying CONGRATS YOUR SUBARU IS HERE!!!
First thought...uh oh that's really early, maybe they should take it back and tighten some more bolts.
After hiring a secret spy it was confirmed yes the car is at subaru city:

What happened between this point and when I took delivery is kind of a blur,
I picked up a set of 07 BBS wheels in red deer, wrapped said wheels in hankook ipikes ( no studs ).
dropped said wheels and tires off at city so they could be on the car when I took delivery.
Sold the 2007 in about two days on kijij, unfortunately not before I signed my financing .. such is life.

finally taking delivery of the car on monday the 19th

the car basically went straight to Car Pretty for some Xpel paint protection on the bumper, hood, fenders and door handles.
this stuff is phenomenal, you can't even see it.

So now I just cranked over about 250 km, Loving it!
Haven't seen over 4000 revs but with this two OH twin scroll the lower revs have never been this fun in a subaru!
chassis upgrades (especially coming from a 2007) are awesome! so stiff yet so comfy!

Looking to use this thread  as a timeline for the car and open to any questions anyone has about the car.
Plans as of now are pretty basic:
rokblok mud flaps are on their way with a set of custom wrx emblemed weather tech mats from subispeed.
figure out some roof rack options so I dont have to stuff my skis through the cab!
and mile it out so I can drop this oil and see what the rest of rev range is like!

I suppose I should comment on some my findings of already known issues, theres a lot of threads on NASIOC about a rev hang between 1st and 2nd
yeah it's there, yeah it's in the subaru tune, but it's easily "smoothed" out with proper shifting.

Only complaint about the car is who ever engineered the trunk should be fired! I'm not sure what it is but it takes way to much effort to shut.
maybe the whole thing is spung with the expectation of having the weight of the sti wing or what. looking to get the BRZ bump stops to prevent any paint issues too.
you're going to need a tune

Offline SnowBreeze

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Altezza
Re: whytes (blue) 2015 wrx
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 03:54:30 pm »
She looks great, I love that blue! The silver bbs rims matches it perfectly.