Author Topic: RCE Regular Guy Black Springs  (Read 2014 times)

Offline BCSteel

• Inarguably bearded
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Limit Killer
  • Ride: 2010 WRX
RCE Regular Guy Black Springs
« on: August 10, 2014, 03:51:14 am »
So about 3 weeks ago I got the RCE Regular Guy Black Springs put on my otherwise stock suspension DD 2010 WRX. And here's what I think so far about them.

I originally chose them because I wanted a mild drop that would work with stock shocks. For that purpose: mission accomplished. Its sitting about an inch lower. I have to drive my car every day so a slammed car would be a no go. Stock ride height is just over 6" of clearance so now I sitting around 5" which isnt a problem in the winter. It sits level front to rear and i think it looks good wih the lessened wheel gap.

Driving. The ride is noticeably tighter as obviously the spring rates are higher over stock. Its a little choppy over uneven, lumpy roads but not harsh by any means. Over good to average roads it rides pretty close to stock comfort wise but god help you if you hit a raised man hole cover with an edge to it or a pot hole. Feels like it wants to punch you in  the face. Cornering is much tighter and flatter now. Its beautiful and makes me want to hit up the Castrol course and really learn the car better and throw it into some corners harder than I could hope to do safely on the street.

Overall I'm happy with the height and drive. Since most of my kms are on the Whitemud/Henday I dont have to deal with too many gaping pot holes and the like so that's a bonus. We'll see how winter goes but I'll probably do the GTWorx/Bilstein shocks in another year or so anyways.
Raise the limits.

Offline BCSteel

• Inarguably bearded
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Limit Killer
Re: RCE Regular Guy Black Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »
So just as an added note to this, my rear shock are toast after a little less than two months with the new springs. I'm guessing a combo of spring rates that are on the high side to stock components and stock parts with 100k km on them. Got the GTWorx/Bilstein coming this week so will update after a few more weeks.
Raise the limits.

Offline BCSteel

• Inarguably bearded
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Limit Killer
Re: RCE Regular Guy Black Springs
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:54 am »
So its been almost a year now with the GTWorx/RCE black combo. I love it. About a 1/2 - 3/4" drop and a firm but not harsh ride. Tight in  the corners but not rough when cruising through town or on the highway. I would definitely recommend this combo for a someone looking for a tighter suspension on their dd. Handles gravel roads great too. Eats up washboard well and takes it like a champ. I have no complaints with this set up and would do it again in a new car with out hesitation.
Raise the limits.