Author Topic: Bluetooth connection issue with JVC KW-AVX840 Double Din  (Read 1707 times)

Offline whintersan

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 07 STI
Bluetooth connection issue with JVC KW-AVX840 Double Din
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
Hey there, just wondering if anyone can shine some light on this issue I have with my head unit. Any input would be appreciated.

I've got the JVC KW-AVX840 Double Din that was in the car when I bought it, and I use it's bluetooth capability with my Galaxy S4 to play music.
Every single time I get in my car and get my music playing, it'll lose connection to my phone after a few minutes. My phone keeps playing the song, so obviously doesn't notice that the connection was lost, but the screen says there's nothing connected. I have to wait a minute for the connection to come back, and then hit play on the head unit again.
It usually only happens once, whether I'm sitting still in the parking lot or driving around, but if I drive for long enough, sometimes it'll randomly happen again.

I'm a car audio retard and I have no idea what could be causing it.
:(

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: Bluetooth connection issue with JVC KW-AVX840 Double Din
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »
Maybe reset the deck to factory, and setup the connection again? Can you borrow someone's phone and try it with theirs?

Edit: Sounds like the Samsungs have an Energy Save mode that can disable Bluetooth, maybe try turning that off?
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline whintersan

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 07 STI
Re: Bluetooth connection issue with JVC KW-AVX840 Double Din
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »
Maybe reset the deck to factory, and setup the connection again? Can you borrow someone's phone and try it with theirs?

Oooh, yeah good idea. I'll try that.