Author Topic: Cobb short shifter  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
Cobb short shifter
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »
Recently installed a Cobb short shifter. I don't usually do reviews so I'm gonna keep it short and sweet.

Pros:
High quality
Nice finish
Double adjustable
Seems to tighten up the slop a bit

Cons:
Sits a bit further back than the kartboy ss
Adjustment screws are a bit annoying if not tightened when out of car

Conclusion:
I like it, but only because it's adjustable, a tad lower than kartboy. I have it adjusted to the shortest throw I can, makes reverse a bit tight, and first too. But other than that, not a big deal. Just need a bit more force

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline krisr33

• Vendor
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 05 WRB STI Airboy tuned
Re: Cobb short shifter
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:25:47 am »
I also just installed the cobb short throw, cobb front and rear bushing. Along with the turn-in concepts universal joint bushing. I have to say the amount of side to side play is so much better, but getting into all gears is a lot more nochie compared to stock.

Overall I love the combination, just going to have to get use to the gears be notchy

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:35:33 am »
I also just installed the cobb short throw, cobb front and rear bushing. Along with the turn-in concepts universal joint bushing. I have to say the amount of side to side play is so much better, but getting into all gears is a lot more nochie compared to stock.

Overall I love the combination, just going to have to get use to the gears be notchy

Having changed all of those parts all at once you're gonna have a very very big difference. At either rate, I have next to no excess play, which I like very much. Kinda debating cutting down the shifter linkage to realign the stick back in the center. Small details, but makes it look better.

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline krisr33

• Vendor
  • Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 05 WRB STI Airboy tuned
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:33:52 am »
I found when the lower adjustment was really low it shifted the placement of the shifter to far back. So I played with it till it felt more central

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:39:14 am »
I found when the lower adjustment was really low it shifted the placement of the shifter to far back. So I played with it till it felt more central

I did too but it's still a little further back than the kartboy one.

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline chemtek

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1996 Ver2 STi
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »
The Cobb short shifter looks like the sexiest part on my car........ That you never get to see, but man did it ever clean up the shifter slop.   I love it along with the front and rear bushings.