Author Topic: Project LAG WAGON  (Read 19606 times)

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon JBP [1st Subaru]
Re: Project LAG WAGON
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2015, 10:29:02 am »
Yeah that's a good point. I have 4 different people tell me to contact them if I ever want to sell the car so I'll probably contact them and if they're not interested I may part out. I just don't know what a realistic price would be.

I think the 10k - 15k range is fair, and I would start high due to how crazy your wagon is.  I also agree that $20k for that white one is crazy steep no matter how mint it is.  As Zaider said it can be a tough sell, however there has been a growing interest in Subaru's at least here in Saskatchewan anyway.  I would at least try to post it for sale, even over here in SK.  I can pass the word around the Regional Subaru Owners Club, or even join yourself (facebook) and post it up.  Some people like myself look for wagons specifically so you may have a good chance.  If I didn't already have three one of which is a blob-eye wagon project, I would be very interested in buying your beast.

Anyway if you do part it out can I call dibs on your flares PLEASE, I've been waiting for a true set for over a year and a half.  I refuse to buy replicas and waiting for Karltons re-issue is becoming painful hahaha.

| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2015, 09:53:00 pm »
Ya I have a huge issue with the bs the make of the karlton flares is putting people through.. right now I have my doubts he will even make more.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2015, 09:23:29 am »
Ya I have a huge issue with the bs the make of the karlton flares is putting people through.. right now I have my doubts he will even make more.

Yeah I agree and the whole situation of others copying his flares is not surprising at all.  What did he expect would happen and if he was going to be this pissed about it and stop making flares why didn't he cover his assay.

As for them returning, there are so many stories going around right now.  Apparently there is a V2 flare coming out eventually with limited distribution, not sure how that will help remedy anything that happened with he first ones.  Also there are supposed to be more V1's.  I honestly don't know what to believe and I'm tired of waiting.  However I don't really like anything Forcewerkz Aero has and their flares aren't quite as nice and I don't want to order Carbon Creations or whatever all the way from the UK.  I'm actually ticked for not buying the damn Karlton's when they were still in full production.   

Anyway goldrush, let me know if you end up parting the Lag Wagon out.  I really, really, really 'NEED' your flares to finish off my wagon haha!
| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2015, 09:26:22 am »
You know his flares are from an IS300, right?

He might've not written it here.  But AFAIK they're replicas of the WALD Toyota Altezza (Lexus is300) flares.  And some "playing" is needed to make the rear door cutout work properly...
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2015, 09:32:40 am »
You know his flares are from an IS300, right?

Hahaha WOW!!!

Nope I was sure I recalled reading somewhere that these were Karltons when I first came across this thread some time ago.  To be honest I didn't even scroll through at pictures again...

Well thanks LDS, parts vulture mode 'off' haha!  Personally I definitely want proper fitting flares for my build.   

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:33 am »

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2015, 10:18:51 am »
Hahaha WOW!!!

Nope I was sure I recalled reading somewhere that these were Karltons when I first came across this thread some time ago.  To be honest I didn't even scroll through at pictures again...

Well thanks LDS, parts vulture mode 'off' haha!  Personally I definitely want proper fitting flares for my build.

You should look at the pictures, they look like they fit pretty well to me.
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2015, 12:20:40 pm »
Regardless...  Parting flares doesn't seem like an easy task.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2015, 03:36:42 pm »
Found the reference:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369634

Thanks Yvan!

You should look at the pictures, they look like they fit pretty well to me.

Yeah, I should have looked back in his pictures, they fit good but actually so different than Karltons. I have huge respect for how he made his fit especially for not being Subaru flares.  However these are what I want to see on mine...  I came across this wagon a few months ago and it's creepy because in quite a few ways it's the finished non-identical twin of my project haha.

Regardless...  Parting flares doesn't seem like an easy task.

That really all depends on the install of the flares and how far goldrush would be parting out his wagon.  The fenders would be pretty useless to anyone else, and obviously wouldn't be able to be used if he was returning the car to stock mode for a normal resale (which he didn't mention).  Anyway, now that I'm fully informed that his flares aren't Karlton's I don't think we need a big flare debate here.  Especially when he may not even part the car out anyway.

Offline goldrush

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2015, 04:14:01 pm »
Hey guys thanks for the inquiries. I'm probably not going to part out any way but it would be impossible to part out the flares. One of the guys who told me to contact him says he will take it. So I'm probably getting rid of it at the end of June, but I still haven't decided for sure.