Author Topic: Rear wiper jet  (Read 987 times)

Offline Wackyraces

• Stubbly Faced
Rear wiper jet
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »
My rear jet isn't working, and I'm trying to figure if its the wiring or the pump.
The front jets work, so I attached the from jets wiring to the rear pump, but nothing happened, so I thought that would mean the pump is the problem? But just to be sure, I then attached the rear wires to the front pump, (after all if I'm having a problem with the rear pump, the rear wires should work....) but lo and behold, nothing happened. So either that test didnt work at all, or it simply proved both the pump AND the wiring are not working. Which is it? What should I do....?
Ps, the fuse is good

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
Re: Rear wiper jet
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:55:03 am »
K trying to clarify.
Rear jets don't work normally
Rear jets don't work when known good pump attached
Front jets don't work when rear harness is attached

Ok, remove the suspect pump, and make yourself some jumper wires. Use your cars battery to see if it runs when directly hooked up to power. If not, dead pump. If so, you know pump ok.

Next step check for a power at the connectors. Should get something when switch is activated

Then we check for blockage in the lines. A bit nasty but try and blow some air through the lines. Have a friend feel at the nozzle for air. Ideally use compressed air but I know not everyone has access to it.

That should give you an idea of what's wrong

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car