Author Topic: Steering wheel controls no longer work with iPhone? -2010 STI  (Read 994 times)

Offline EricFXT

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
Steering wheel controls no longer work with iPhone? -2010 STI
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:42:54 pm »
So i upgraded my iPhone 4s to IOS8 and i can no longer change songs on my phone using my steering wheel, anyone else with a similar issue?
The buttons still work fine however they do not work with my iPhone connected in the "media" mode. I am currently using the stock head unit that came with the sport tech package in 2010.

So far:
 -Ive tried plugging in my iPod classic, Results were that everything works as normal and i can change songs fine.
 -Hooked my moms iPhone 4s up which is still running IOS7 and everything works as normal and i can change songs fine.

These are what led me to believe that IOS8 is the problem, the only other thing i can think to try is to connect another 4s that is running IOS8 and see if the same problem occurs or if my phone is just pooched.

Any suggestions?

As for plans regarding the car, I'm going to start saving for when the engine blows up.

Offline EricFXT

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
Re: Steering wheel controls no longer work with iPhone? -2010 STI
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »
Update: IOS 8.0.2 fixes the problem

As for plans regarding the car, I'm going to start saving for when the engine blows up.