Author Topic: Who's ready for snowboarding!!!  (Read 16817 times)

Offline flipincanadian

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 08 FSXT
Re: Who's ready for snowboarding!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »
i went to revelstoke last january.... it friggin near killed me.

4 top to bottom runs was all i was good for (at 1 hr plus per run)the snow was so deep it was frigging unbelievable.... so awsome. 
 the mountain is so big that i was going 15-20 minutes at a time without seeing anyone at all. The place is so big, i was getting first tracks at 2 o'clock in the afternoon  :o

Thats awesome, we were there really late season so we didn't really get freshies except at the very top early in the morning.  In the afternoon we were ridding in hoodies.  The groomers were AWESOME, i have never ridden such rolling flowy groomed runs, it was great!

Offline turbobaby

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2007 WRX STi
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 06:43:22 pm »
i have a k2 skyla and burton bindings.....i need new boots tho. finding size 5 boots is an adventure in itself :P 

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 06:48:05 pm »
i have a k2 skyla and burton bindings.....i need new boots tho. finding size 5 boots is an adventure in itself :P 

Salomon makes awsome boots, and they are available in smaller sizes.  Its possibly the best money you will spend.
Official Anti-Purist

Offline [j]e[f]f

• **banned**
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Stage 2 WRB 06 STi
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 07:01:22 pm »
WSC subie/ski trip xD

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 07:06:41 pm »
WSC subie/ski trip xD

anyone who wants to go to whitewater is welcome to a futon in my living room.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline [j]e[f]f

• **banned**
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Stage 2 WRB 06 STi
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 07:09:38 pm »
I dont even know where that is  ;D

Offline pinkrobe

• Patchy Faced
  • Hung over
  • Ride: Dirty GR, Filthy Bugeye
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 09:02:02 pm »
WSC subie/ski trip xD

Don't make that kind of offer - you never know who might show up!  [BTW, I don't snore and I always buy booze for the host. :D]

The last time I was at Whitewater, we got caught by the Pineapple Express.  It barfed snow until noon, then started to get really warm and then rain.  Everybody was hitting the big chair on the other side of the valley, so I rocked the kiddie chair all day, hitting rollers and dodging trees in the sweet pow.  By 3:00 I was done and done.  Into the lounge for some cheap assay pints!

If there's a WSC trip to the Interior, we'd also have to hit Red Mountain.  The first 2 trips there, I didn't even make it off of Paradise [except to hit Beer Belly - "Watch out for the cabin!  Oh no!"].  Run after run in the trees - all powder, all the time.  The last few trips I've been able to spend more time on Granite, which has some awesome terrain.

In the same area, we try to hit the cat-boarding for a couple of days.  My favourite op is Valhalla Powdercats - so much fun, so much pow, such tight trees!  It's always funny to watch the skiers hammer through the snow, fighting all the way.  Then the 'boarders drop in and we just flow.  The tele dudes make the rest of us look like flailing tools with their grace.  It's such a good time, totally worth the $300/day.

Other places...  Fernie is good, but it takes some luck to score untracked on the weekends.  In the old days, you just had to be willing to endure the Face Lift to get to Snake [or whatever else is on rider's left] and then you were good.  Ditto for Siberia.  Lola knows someplace called the Sneaky Trees that I can't identify based on her description, so maybe I'll get her to show me.  Kimberley can be awesome, but it can also suck.  If they have snow, you can just ride the Easter chair all fargin' day, then go to your condo and chug-a-lug the night away.  KHMR can be good, but I've been skunked a couple of times by their gondola.  Without that, it's about as fun as Wintergreen.  They need another lift on the Terminator side of CPR ridge AND something in Feuz bowl.  It's clogged with Calgarians on the weekends now, so I am going to try and hit it mid-week when there is nobody around.

What else?  Castle - go on a Wednesday, never on the weekend.  Cloudshine - Delerium is good if it's open and there's enough snow to cover the rocks, otherwise it's zero vis, hot laps and douchebags all damn day [okay, Side Door and Back Door are good too].  Nakiska - I've had some amazing days [St. Patrick's Day Massacre!], and it's fun in the spring when the groomers get all soft and gougable.  Le Lac - she's treated me well, but with tix in the $80 range and no Eagle chair [uckfayers!], I'll drive the extra 60 minutes to Golden or Fernie [maybe even Pano].

What I'm REALLY excited about is Revelstoke.  4 hour drive from Calgary keeps the gapers away.  Vert, vert and more vert.  It's cold = more snow, less rain.  I rode their cat operation two years ago before they reno'd the whole mountain.  Most of the stuff we hit is now in-uckfaying-bounds!!!  I didn't make it back this past season, but I'll make it out there or burst this winter.  Watch out for tree wells - they are deeeeeeeep.

Offline OliverD

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:12 pm »
i'll try to get info on the KHMR "local" opener 8) absolutely dead just the locs and friends.
as far as revelstoke goes its going to be packed this year i have a feeling, its the next mountain to be at. apparently by the time they are done they'll have more lifts than whistler and have more of a town at the base or something like that...

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »
WSC subie/ski trip xD

Don't make that kind of offer - you never know who might show up!  [BTW, I don't snore and I always buy booze for the host. :D]

The last time I was at Whitewater, we got caught by the Pineapple Express.  It barfed snow until noon, then started to get really warm and then rain.  Everybody was hitting the big chair on the other side of the valley, so I rocked the kiddie chair all day, hitting rollers and dodging trees in the sweet pow.  By 3:00 I was done and done.  Into the lounge for some cheap assay pints!

If there's a WSC trip to the Interior, we'd also have to hit Red Mountain.  The first 2 trips there, I didn't even make it off of Paradise [except to hit Beer Belly - "Watch out for the cabin!  Oh no!"].  Run after run in the trees - all powder, all the time.  The last few trips I've been able to spend more time on Granite, which has some awesome terrain.

In the same area, we try to hit the cat-boarding for a couple of days.  My favourite op is Valhalla Powdercats - so much fun, so much pow, such tight trees!  It's always funny to watch the skiers hammer through the snow, fighting all the way.  Then the 'boarders drop in and we just flow.  The tele dudes make the rest of us look like flailing tools with their grace.  It's such a good time, totally worth the $300/day.

Other places...  Fernie is good, but it takes some luck to score untracked on the weekends.  In the old days, you just had to be willing to endure the Face Lift to get to Snake [or whatever else is on rider's left] and then you were good.  Ditto for Siberia.  Lola knows someplace called the Sneaky Trees that I can't identify based on her description, so maybe I'll get her to show me.  Kimberley can be awesome, but it can also suck.  If they have snow, you can just ride the Easter chair all fargin' day, then go to your condo and chug-a-lug the night away.  KHMR can be good, but I've been skunked a couple of times by their gondola.  Without that, it's about as fun as Wintergreen.  They need another lift on the Terminator side of CPR ridge AND something in Feuz bowl.  It's clogged with Calgarians on the weekends now, so I am going to try and hit it mid-week when there is nobody around.

What else?  Castle - go on a Wednesday, never on the weekend.  Cloudshine - Delerium is good if it's open and there's enough snow to cover the rocks, otherwise it's zero vis, hot laps and douchebags all damn day [okay, Side Door and Back Door are good too].  Nakiska - I've had some amazing days [St. Patrick's Day Massacre!], and it's fun in the spring when the groomers get all soft and gougable.  Le Lac - she's treated me well, but with tix in the $80 range and no Eagle chair [uckfayers!], I'll drive the extra 60 minutes to Golden or Fernie [maybe even Pano].

What I'm REALLY excited about is Revelstoke.  4 hour drive from Calgary keeps the gapers away.  Vert, vert and more vert.  It's cold = more snow, less rain.  I rode their cat operation two years ago before they reno'd the whole mountain.  Most of the stuff we hit is now in-uckfaying-bounds!!!  I didn't make it back this past season, but I'll make it out there or burst this winter.  Watch out for tree wells - they are deeeeeeeep.

i don;t drink, other then that sounds good :P
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline turbobaby

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2007 WRX STi
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 10:50:25 pm »

Salomon makes awsome boots, and they are available in smaller sizes.  Its possibly the best money you will spend.

thnx for the tip!will check those out as well

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza 2.5RS
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 07:59:17 am »

thnx for the tip!will check those out as well

I second that for Salomon boots. I had a pair before too and they were rock solid. My feet just outgrew them. :(

Offline CRooKeDCoP

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2010 Mitsu Ralliart.
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 09:49:41 am »
I am soooo down. Anyone know where to buy Palmer boards sides ordering them off the net ?

Also for you 2 plankers on here. Most boarders are kewl with it these days I have seen some rockin 2 plankers in Louise past cpl years throwing down some sick itshay off a 80 foot table , so its all good.  I just love to watch that itshay cuz my days of throwing down are over I just like to keep it flowing and in the steep and deep.  Few huge lofty airs here and there but nothing technical anymore.

Cheers Guys.

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:57 am »
I think this thread needs more slang. So without further adieu.

I can't wait to ess some sick gnar gnar on a  bluebird day getting faceshots of pow pow.

Offline pinkrobe

• Patchy Faced
  • Hung over
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:02 am »
I think this thread needs more slang. So without further adieu.

I can't wait to ess some sick gnar gnar on a  bluebird day getting faceshots of pow pow.
Can I has hawt steez wit crunk jib?

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 11:46:30 am »
^^^ROFL ;D

Offline OliverD

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »

SCORP!@#!%!@!@!!

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »
awsome response to this thread!!!!.... I think we defintely need to get a WSC boarding crew together...  skiiers can come too, but they gotta buy the first round of beers  ;D

I would be definitely down to hit up Red Mountain. Its been on my list for 2 yrs now. I just could never get anyone to do the big drive down there.  Sun Peaks out in Kamloops is a super fun spot too. I was there for 2 days and didnt really even get to a 1/4 of the runs.  Its very well covered with lifts so there are tonnes of runs to hit up.
Official Anti-Purist

Offline crunchiespg

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2011 purple STI
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:17 pm »
well sunshine opens tomorrow. so ill be there for the next 4 days...

its one of the main reasons why i got a subaru, the awd for the winter snowboarding runs..
cant wait...

ill be there before the lifts even open, lol....

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 07:00:40 pm »
anyone go to sunshine today?
Official Anti-Purist

Offline crunchiespg

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2011 purple STI
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
yep, just got home..
strawberry lift runs were great, loads of snow.

mt standish was a bit rocky, as was wawa.. but strawberry was great...

legs ache now... lol

Offline steel town

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 fxt
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 10:15:20 pm »
I work at a ski doo dealership so I have a 2009  Ski Doo summit 800 x 154, with 2 snowboard racks and a 4x4 truck ;D ;D ;D
I also have a sunshine pass and many snowboards, I just got a Never Summer premier F1 163 for my birthday on tuesday, I also have an arsenal of beaten up rock boards, which include a burton t6 165, a never summer decade 164, and a never summer premier 165 and a salomon definition 165.
We are going to "the shine" on sunday,and next sunday I'm going to Quarts creek sledding near golden, I'll post some pics from the sled trip when I get back.
If anybody on here has a sled, and can really ride and has all their avi gear, we can basically have waist deep powder all winter long. If you up for tandeming and are crazy, I have a few spots a quartz(golden) and boulder(revelstoke) that we will get over 100 powder turns in a row without even crossing another track.
Sled + snow + board + free heliskiing(kinda)

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2008, 10:02:46 am »
you should invite out a couple of the less fortunate riders (those without Sled....LOL) I'd love to go hit up some back country
Official Anti-Purist

Offline CRooKeDCoP

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2010 Mitsu Ralliart.
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2008, 10:51:21 am »
I could go fer some tow rope boarding , hella fun , and you can make jumps anywhere don't even need a hill.  Just a shovel , a sled , and some rope.  ;)

Sean

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2008, 11:09:07 am »
Haha wow I'm a little too amatuer for that business.  I need a new board too mine sucks.  Still, I can't wait!!

Offline pinkrobe

• Patchy Faced
  • Hung over
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »
Checking the weather, snowpack data for Fernie has it tracking along the historical minimum line.  This is not good.  http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/rfc/river_forecast/graphs/spd2c09q.html

Kickinghorse is doing much better, with solid coverage for this time of year and more snow in the forecast.  Revy needs more base - they're supposed to open in 10 days.  Cloudshine and Le Lac are both getting snow.