Author Topic: Compustar starter needs "dealer" programming. ?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Cbxj

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: assorted Subarus with scoops, & a tiller, the 2 wheeled kind
Compustar starter needs "dealer" programming. ?
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:37:04 pm »
Hi hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. :) We have a Compustar pro 2 way car starter that came with the car. We have the manual. It works fine for everything. Except  !!! Timer start or cold start. -- start at a certain temp. Or start at a certain time. Or start for a few minutes every xx hours. After multipls trys and reading the manual it seems this feature needs to be initially set up at the installer. ? Really?? If this is so any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Unholysavage

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 DGM WRX STI
Re: Compustar starter needs "dealer" programming. ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:00:52 pm »
Autotemp installed the Compustar alarm in my old Cavalier, and according to their website they still deal with the brand.
if you don't find someone on the forum for help I'd give them, or one of the car audio shops that deals with Compustar, a shot. heck, they may even do it for free.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:18:52 am »
I usually take my programming needs to GlennC. That being said, I've been told almost all the features can be turned on using the 2-way remote, you just need access to the dealer manuals or something like that.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline N3UBIE

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1998 STI Type-RA V-Limited, 1998 LGT
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 08:23:09 am »
If you can't figure it out, +1 for paying GlennC a visit. I drove down all the way from Edmonton to have my alarm/starter installed by him and have nothing but good thinus to say. I'm sure if you sent him a PM he might even be able to answer your question as to whether or not he needs to program it for you.

Offline Cbxj

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 10:00:17 am »
Cool thanks I'll fire up the pm machine right now :). I find it kinda weird that this normal feature would need special programming but hey, there are lots of things in that catagory.

Offline dan miyogi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 07 WRX Wagon WRB
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »
i install these every day and yes the timer mode and various other features need to be enabled by an authorized dealer. Keeps people from screwing around with settings that they dont need access too. if you need a hand pm me and i can meetup or get you to swing by with the car and i can set it up for you.

Offline dan miyogi

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:39:48 pm »
forgot to check your location .... if your up in edmonton i can help :D im also headed down to canmore for christmas so may be able to meet up on the way to calgary :D

Offline Cbxj

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
Cool thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can get something set up in Calgary, if not we'll try for a calgary meeting if it's no bother. I know everybody is super busy this time o year.

Offline dan miyogi

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:42 am »
there is a way to do it with the remotes but it is fairly time consuming and frustrating if you mess up haha :D

Offline cmyles

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 90 Miata
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 10:58:25 am »
there is a way to do it with the remotes but it is fairly time consuming and frustrating if you mess up haha :D

Very true

If you physically unhook the brain from your car and bring it to me I can program it at my house with my computer haha
If not, take it to a futureshop, or visions and they should be able to use there programmer through the antenna to change any settings you need.
Current Vehicles
// 1990 Miata MX-5 || 09 WRX Hatch \\

Past Vehicles:
01 S/TB, 08 Spec.B, 05 Foz, 05 A4, 06 IS350, 05 LGT, 06 2.5i, 07 STi, 04 WRX, 95 GC8, 95 BG5, 94 EJ1

Offline Cbxj

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 08:03:03 pm »
Cool thanks all.