Author Topic: Car Died, Driver Retarded  (Read 4508 times)

Offline NiceEqualLengths

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '18 Golf R
Re: Car Died, Now Stuck In Reverse
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:26 pm »
Tried that. Didn't wanna work. uckfay this auto -> manual swap crap
Kyle
NEL's Build
I don't care if people want to sell used dildos on here as long as they provide useful information for sex toy aficionados.

Offline darthekai

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2002 toyota tacoma 4dr (RTT crowdsourced with NFTs)
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:32 pm »
There is no TCU, I can't reset the ECU because to do that you need to be able to drive it. Even Leaving it battery-less didn't help. I'm gonna phone the number on the Quality Transmission sticker under the hood tomorrow to see if they have some insight on to what I can do to get it back. Gonna pick up a switch from PA tomorrow as well.

you can also just disconnect for a bit like 20 seconds will do it..

Id suspect its the wiring job. if you pull the steel kick panel off your passenger side foot well (pull up carpet first), just take a look at the plugs going in there. theres probably electrical taped/crimped/twisted wires along with a chopped wire.

take a close up pic and post it here.

and if you can, take a shot looking "down" at the plugs that are altered (ie from the wires towards the ecu)
you cannot damage anything by unplugging things as long as they go back where they came from and im pretty sure each plug only goes one place.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru(sold) Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline NiceEqualLengths

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '18 Golf R
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 02:29:32 pm »
Yaaaayyyy!!! I'm a retard.
Things I learned from this adventure.
  • Don't assume anything ISN'T there because you're a lazy uckfay
  • TCU is gold, ECU is silver. uckfay you google image search
  • Don;t let your brother snip a wire that may or not be important
So the car did have a TCU,great! we can start problem solving!
Just kidding all the wires and grounds look good. Alight, lets remove the dash components and check for something back there. Nope. All good.
Alright....Lets go play Super Smash Bros until we feel like working on it again.

He goes outside to start checking stuff with some fancy machine called a VOLTMETER, bogus. Just touch stuff with a screwdriver way easier - NEL when he doesn't know how to work said tool.
I hit the interwebs for some google answers. Read Legacy777s how to swap for the millionth time. Notice there is something in my engine bay (Not its original location) that looks like the inhibitor switch,

Moved the lever on it and there we go. It changed the car from R to N. Down to D, 3, 2, 1. Put her in P. she fired right up.
I burned the car to the ground after that. I hate you legacy.

Pretty sure the Alternator is fried though. There is a reason it died so I'm charging the battery right now. Gonna see how that works, and then if it does. I'll throw an alternator in.
Kyle
NEL's Build
I don't care if people want to sell used dildos on here as long as they provide useful information for sex toy aficionados.