Author Topic: Adding Bluetooth - 02 WRX  (Read 1804 times)

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2005 Mini Cooper S
Adding Bluetooth - 02 WRX
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »
Being new to Edmonton, Ive had to rely on my magellan which needs updating fairly often and for some reason doesn't recognize quite a few address's that I put in. I've reviewed a few aftermarket bluetooth options and settled on the tranzit blu 2351.  Pretty easy to install, allows hands free bluetooth for phone, music and GPS and plays it through your current stereo. It comes with a mic, hands free button and the bluetooth module.  You remove the stereo antenna, plug the bluetooth antenna into it, wire it up and it uses an FM channel for the comms.  Very clear from my early tests, music sounds great, gps nicely played through stereo system and the phone works great, cuts out the music when receiving and sending a phone  call. 

After taking the 2 screws out from the cup holder, everything else just pops out; clips hold all the trim.

Bluetooth module, mic and phone button:

Buetooth unit all wired up, you have to find a ground and acc. power source, with these models acc. power is the yellow/green wire on the stereo harness.  I drilled a hole in the dash back brace for the ground.

You can use this button to scroll through the music, answer/place calls or go back to the fm stations if you like for music.

Everything back in place:

If you're looking for a STURDY cell phone holder, check these out, it mounts in your cd slot, has a wing nut you tighten up and it is very sold; very adjustable too and it's under $30.
Turbo Schmurbo. - Ghandi

Offline Vodious

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2000 Subaru Forester
Re: Adding Bluetooth - 02 WRX
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:05:46 pm »
That button looks so clean, I love it! haha

Offline Brhine

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:02:58 pm »
Did this wire right into your deck? or just to the speakers? Does it stop music playing and start the phone call?

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2005 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 05:38:30 am »
this unit uses an unused FM station that you assign to it.  The music does cutoff when the phone rings, you can play music from your phone via bluetooth as well.
Turbo Schmurbo. - Ghandi