Author Topic: 04 wrx stuff on a 02 forester  (Read 1900 times)

Offline colbs

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 02 forester L manuuelll
04 wrx stuff on a 02 forester
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:14:08 am »
Hey guys, my brother is parting out his 04wrx. It has the ej257 bottom end, my forester is Na and a 2.5. What would work from his car to mine? I'm looking mostly at transmission and clutch, and the front brake set up. Would headers work? Thanks guys!

Offline colbs

• Stubbly Faced
Re: 04 wrx stuff on a 02 forester
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:23:51 am »
He has a 2.0 top end too, would the Iac work on mine?

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:37 am »
Why do you want the trans?
If you swapped the entire trans, diff, flywheel, clutch set it'd probably work. Might need axles too.

http://www.gearhack.com/myink/ViewPage.php?file=docs/Subaru+Transmission+Chart
The Final Drive is actually quicker on the forester than the one in the wrx. 4.111 vs 3.9.

Brakes would probably work, if you mean calipers pads and discs. Though again, are they better?

Headers wont work because turbo vs NA.
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline colbs

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:37 am »
My trans has 348,000kms on it. It would be for a extra. I'm in need of new rotors also, figured I grab his for cheaper than a new pair. I'd swap out the caliper disc and brake set up, mines stock, his car is fairly done up. Believe it made over 350-420whp. His parts would definitely be an upgrade to mine. He's doing a 5.3LS tt swap in his Subaru. The reasoning why I'm asking about parts

Offline colbs

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:16 pm »
So things changed a bit. Brother offered me his complete drive train, from rear diff, axles, brake assembly, drive shaft, transmission with light weight flywheel and stage three clutch. , mounts, engine (ej257 bottom end with 2.0 top). Engine is fully built, billet crank, Bc springs valves retainers and such, huge fmi, Cobb stage two. List goes on. Offered me this to slap in my forester. Any of you know if it would take any fabrication? Any splicing? Or straight bolt up? It's essentially free to me, I just have to put in labour on his truck. I can't pass this up, or can I?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »
cobb stage 2 on a built motor?

Either you don't know what he said, or there's a reason he's doing a motor swap.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:47 pm »
So things changed a bit. Brother offered me his complete drive train, from rear diff, axles, brake assembly, drive shaft, transmission with light weight flywheel and stage three clutch. , mounts, engine (ej257 bottom end with 2.0 top). Engine is fully built, billet crank, Bc springs valves retainers and such, huge fmi, Cobb stage two. List goes on. Offered me this to slap in my forester. Any of you know if it would take any fabrication? Any splicing? Or straight bolt up? It's essentially free to me, I just have to put in labour on his truck. I can't pass this up, or can I?

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f145/quick-swap-questions-02-wrx-into-02-foz-81439/

There will be a fair bit of wiring I believe, as they are different generations of cars.
Most of the information you'll find will be for Imprezas, but they should be similar.
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=1651.0
http://glaciuz.com/brydon/
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole