Author Topic: DIY Short Shifter. (and Oil Cap)  (Read 10926 times)

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
Re: DIY Short Shifter. (and Oil Cap)
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:05 pm »
Intercooler block off plate for another member. Last day of free time before I start work.

if you ever need a lathe when you dont have access to those sweet tools i have a metal lathe at home and a drill press that you can come over a use if you'd like
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:59 pm »
Intercooler block off plate for another member. Last day of free time before I start work.

congrats on the job

Offline Mr Crowley

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02' WRX Wagon
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »
congrats on the job

Thank you! I'm pumped to be working again. Full size industrial shop, many cool tools. Funny, I saw a mighty f-ing huge hydraulic press there and thought of you. Hopefully, my new guy status doesn't prevent me using it on my own time  ;)

if you ever need a lathe when you dont have access to those sweet tools i have a metal lathe at home and a drill press that you can come over a use if you'd like

Thanks, You may regret this as I love the lathe.

Offline Vodious

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2000 Subaru Forester
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »
Funniest thing is that I'm currently a student at SAIT as well and I was thinking of making myself a custom shifter knob too! [I have access to that exact same shop I might add haha]
How exactly is it all that much harder to machine just the knob? I'd think it would be relatively easy

Offline Mr Crowley

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02' WRX Wagon
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:59 pm »
Funniest thing is that I'm currently a student at SAIT as well and I was thinking of making myself a custom shifter knob too! [I have access to that exact same shop I might add haha]
How exactly is it all that much harder to machine just the knob? I'd think it would be relatively easy

Sorry about the late response. You'd likley want to make a drawing of your desired Knob and convince someone in the CNC lab to punch it in to a machine. Round is much harder than any step in the shifter. Requires a jig that would take awhile to set up/find at sait.