Author Topic: parts questions  (Read 1555 times)

Offline WhiteRex

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Widebody 03.5 strx
parts questions
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:57:54 pm »
Well I have recently got a 07 wagon 2.5 N/A and I'm curious on some parts I have laying around from my wrx build I had started, I was curious if they would work on the 07.
I have grimmspeed intake manifold spacers and all gaskets from the 03 I had gotten and I believe they where for impreza wrx sti top feed manifold so I was hoping they would work. I have done some search on nasioc and rs25 and didn't find anything.
Also have some aftermarket motor mounts I'm not positive on make as I got them in a trade deal only thing I remember as they are boxed up there a hard round shape rubber mount.
Also I have a set of coilovers that from all my old research and new have found they fit 02-07 wrx & 04 sti I don't know if they fit a wagon

Well if anyone has any input or any links to help me out that be great thanks

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
Re: parts questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:58:59 am »
I think you'll be fine with the motor mounts as I don't see why subaru would change that much for the same chassis and same basic engine. 

As for the spacers I'm not sure that would work as the manifolds are different than the ones on the sti. The sti ones are slightly different than the wrx for that matter.

But I could be wrong

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:03:22 am »
STi and wrx manifold are pretty much the same. Older STi (04-06) were side feed and I cant remember off the top of my head but wrx was dbc until...... so the tb bolt spacing is different on those. But the gaskets used for the tgvs (both sides) are the same.

Offline WhiteRex

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:34:10 am »
Ya its tgv to block gaskets and spacers plus tgv to manifold gaskets. Only reason I think they would work is I have seen lots of guys use the rs manifold on there big sti or wrx builds. I do agree wirh the motor mount just wanted to double check before i tackle it. So thanks for input anyone have any input on the coilovers ?

Offline Jay89

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 WRX airboy tuned, 2017 Lexus IS350
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:38:32 am »
Wrx coils should fit. Sit ones from 05+ will not. Front knuckles are different, rears however will work.

341awhp ~330awtq
Project Car

Offline WhiteRex

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 05:32:27 pm »
Cool thanks