Author Topic: SubMit86 2015 18 July  (Read 5509 times)

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Re: SubMit86 2015 18 July
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 02:20:28 PM »
In other words you want to have a big WSC supermeat.
Detailing Show N' Shine
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Red Rockets
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »
I think we should create a new exclusive SUBMIT for Calgary and area...

Then set it up.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 03:10:23 PM »
Meat.

Offline kijho

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »
Want to comment on this but I think I will just not right now.

You want to comment what? The fact that you said "I will just not right now" makes me assume you have something negative to say in regards to a Calgary meet? You drive your wife's Subi up to the timmies meets all the time, so I'm confused why you'd be against it? ...

Online funk32

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
I probably wouldn't plan it hahaha

THAT is the biggest issue, who is willing to plan and deal with a large meet. Jesse made this because WSC failed to produce it's own meets due to lack of planing and give a uckfay.

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 07:12:06 PM »
THAT is the biggest issue, who is willing to plan and deal with a large meet. Jesse made this because WSC failed to produce it's own meets due to lack of planing and give a uckfay.
That's the main thing for me. I've seen lots of meets get planned with a fair amount of interest, then everyone bails on it. Defeats the point. I've got plenty of time to plan or help with a meet atm, but not much motivation to for the aforementioned reason.

And to be fair Jesse did end up succumbing to the lack of planning part in the end, definitely this year, and from the sounds of things previous. He said he needed help this year, help was offered, and now apparently he doesn't want any help. *shrugs*

Offline kijho

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »

I'd love to do it (Timmies has become incredibly successful) .. Just very busy and won't be here a whole lot the next few weeks. (Kelowna trip, Toronto trip, Montreal trip, then back for another Kelowna trip.) But if we all want something cool like this SubMit meet, but everyone isn't happy or whatever over issues with the one up in RedDeer and don't wanna drive... Just post up some random parking lot in the NE Industrial that's vacant and have everyone show up. Not a whole lot of planning needed for that IMO?  Nobody would wanna drive from the SW to the NE though lol...

Example:  Everyone meet at the huge 100+ space lot up near FedEx in the NE (by Airport) ..  Not many people would show up haha..
The RedDeer meet is gonna attract a ton of Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding area folks' to it and plus it's open to a bunch of clubs!

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »
Example:  Everyone meet at the huge 100+ space lot up near FedEx in the NE (by Airport) ..  Not many people would show up haha..
The RedDeer meet is gonna attract a ton of Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding area folks' to it and plus it's open to a bunch of clubs!
Pretty much this. IMO I don't see a Calgary super meat being anything more than a timmies meet in a giant parking lot with maybe more of the usual faces showing up at once rather than more staggered. Or maybe I'm just jaded, idk. Red Deer location wise just makes sense, not many people are going to want to drive all the way from Edmonton to go to a meet in Calgary and vice versa. Its the only real place that provides enough opportunity for the majority of members (in Alberta anyway) to attend.

That being said IMO its far too late to start planning one this year regardless to both have enough planning done, and give people sufficient notice.

On that topic when Jesse said he was no longer going to be running the meet he didn't go into what the future of submit86 next year and onward is going to be.

Offline kijho

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 08:14:26 PM »
If everyone comes for Gelato next week.. it'll be a super gelato meet..

Offline SnowBreeze

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: Altezza
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 01:02:33 AM »
I think having a separate wsc super meat for next year would be a good idea. Submit was fun last year, but not as fun as the first year I went when it was wsc only. Half the reason i like going is to meet some of the members in person and to see some of the cars I've been drooling over in the build threads in person. If I just wanted to see cool cars I'd go to any other car show.

I agree with Canuckrz that Calgary would be too far for some of the Edmonton members(including me). We should keep it in Red deer but change the date or even location.

I also don't mind helping setting it up if there aren't enough people.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 01:48:09 PM »
I'd say call it a WSC meet rather than a SubMit meet if its only held in Calgary and only for Subaru folks as SubMit 86 = Subaru Mitsubishi and GT86  (brz/frs)

I myself wont be running the meet but I will be assisting with planning and such in the form of contacts and such we are just working on finding a replacement now.

For those of you who did come out on Saturday it was a good time and good to see so many nice cars out there. For those who didn't attend sucks you couldn't/wouldn't come out but I understand its a bit of a drive and not a super fancy location.

a lot of miscommunication happened this year as we were told we only had 1/3 of the space we were issued last year but then when I got there they said use it all. So the planning wasn't put in to make it bigger than last year. Also Canuckrz I appreciated the offer for help but really by the time the event was mentioned on here there was no time to plan for BBQ and other stuff so it wasn't needed although it was appreciated.

I've driven from Edmonton to Calgary for the meets that Vex has put on and it was a good time although the lot wasn't huge that year. The best turn outs seemed to be when Vex held it in Red deer way back when an its a nice central drive for everyone.

Totally game for a WSC SuperMeat again or even now I see there is a Summit meet ha ha.

For huge meet it does take a lot of planning especially if its using some one else's property so there is a lot of work involved in planning these things. My hat goes off to whoever is going to plan the WSC supermeet and if you need contacts for red deer let me know.
Best of luck everyone and hopefully the communications errors are sorted for our next event. 

Get out there and plan more events but maybe not under the Submit title unless you want the submit folks to show up ha ha.
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »
The best turn outs seemed to be when Vex held it in Red deer way back when an its a nice central drive for everyone.

The better turn outs were also when Vex (or any company) didn't hold it.
Sponsorship brings some good things, but also brings its own very apparent level of negatives.

Having organized multiple supermeats, both with and without sponsorship and both types being very successful (around 100 cars) I'd recommend none.
There's a reason I don't organize these anymore.

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »
Agreed and by that point our meet was still moderately successful as we had around 80 cars total.   
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty