Author Topic: Jimpreza111's 2014 Impreza 2.0 N/A  (Read 19252 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Awesome!! :D Should look great with the F1!

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Awesome!! :D Should look great with the F1!
Thanks for all the organizing on the Sylvan cruise, that was awesome and I'd be in for the next one!

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
The F1 light is a great thing to have when in a rainy, low visibility convoy. Running tail gunner I could pick up kijho easily 100m+ away in the heavy rain on way back.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
The F1 light is a great thing to have when in a rainy, low visibility convoy. Running tail gunner I could pick up kijho easily 100m+ away in the heavy rain on way back.

;D ;D

DaDuke99

It was almost too much, though. Every once in a while I'd catch a glimpse of it through someone elses car, and immediately think he was braking.
Just needs a bit of tint is all  ;)

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
I don't think the one I have is nearly as bright as the ijdmtoy one....
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
It was almost too much, though. Every once in a while I'd catch a glimpse of it through someone elses car, and immediately think he was braking.
Just needs a bit of tint is all  ;)
Indeed, it was pretty much at full brightness at all times and only dimmed when it flashes upon actually braking.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
Yeah it doesn't have a dual intensity like the $200+ Subispeed one, but this was $89 ;D  Need some tint, I tried some red tint which didn't help. Maybe a small layer of black then add a layer of red perhaps..

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Is yours the clear lens? I ordered the Red one thinking it would match the tail lights.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
I ordered red but received clear, with red inside :/

DaDuke99

I was certain I ordered the smoked one myself, received clear.

If you want I have a can of vht nightshade in the garage you could use, I used it on my reflector inserts  and it looks great.
Sorry I kinda hijacked this  :P

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Nice call on the VHT, that would be relatively easy to add.
I should get my order delivered today from ijdm so once I open the box I will know if it needs "dimming"

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Last night I transferred roughly 17-20 liters of E85 into the nearly empty gas tank and then flashed the Flex Fuel tune. Went and topped off with 94 octane and just went for a small cruise. I must say there is definitely an improvement in torque as I feel the car wants to go more in the lower rpms but the real surprise is when it hits 4k+. 1st is a very short gear with the paddle shifters and cvt so once it gets to 4k under WOT you gotta shift cause the tach jumps really quickly now. 2nd and 3rd are noticeably more livelier and even 5th and 6th seem to be a little more responsive on the highway after this mornings commute. Usually if I force 6th (to save gas) while driving at 120kmh it requires about 1/4 of the pedal depressed to maintain speed but now I barely rest my foot on the gas to hold my speed. Of course if my biggest concern was saving gas I would leave it in auto mode, under the factory tune I hit 6.7-6.9l/100kms on a few commutes in the summer time. I drove this car like that the first year I had it and always had my gas mileage on the info screen. Since, I have thrown off the restraints of economy and decided to drive this thing like it should be and have fun. Sooo, anyone wanna go halfsies on a tank of E85?  :D

Offline HiTempguy

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1993 Legassy Tubr0/1995 STi
Sooo, anyone wanna go halfsies on a tank of E85?  :D

;D

And you gotta think, that's only at what must amount to E40 at most!

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
I know I can't believe that on just a maybe 30-40% blend with 94 yielded this result, gonna have to go full E85 once just to really experience the race fuel!  8)

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
Where are the virtual dyno graphs?
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Haven't had a chance to set that up yet, have ball tonight and after maybe I'll download the VR Dyno and get my sd card set up to do stand alone logging with the Open Port. Have an earlier than usual start tomorrow but maybe after work I can do a few logs. I don't have any baseline numbers to compare to so I will compile my data over the next few tanks of gas/tune combinations.
I'll post each graph as I gather them and then one final comparison side by side.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Once I wash my car I will post pics of the F1 Style rear brake light now that it's installed. I love the look of it over the plastic cover that was there before and the strobe is pretty cool when braking, my wife jokes that the flashing will cause seizures in the vehicle behind me ::). Big thanks to Rotary Melon for coming over and helping me get the wiring right and supplying some shrink tube and solder. After trying a couple of logging runs on Friday night I couldn't get the correct output file (logcfg.out was what I did manage to extract) so I got some help on NASIOC for setting up my logcfg.txt file for logging some runs. Unfortunately I ran my tank out of the E85 so my logs will be using the 91/93 tune and some premium gas for now. I will however do another test on E85 down the road as after flashing in the 91/93 I can notice the difference in power. The car is still nice and responsive but it is just missing a little more pull that the E85 blend & tune provided.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Some updated shots I took tonight after a wash.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
Looks really good ! I like the F1 fog!

DaDuke99

I don't usually like the deflectors on the hood but yours helps give it a mean look.  :D

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Thanks guys and yes the hood deflector can look like a UNI-BROW but I prefer to call it a furrowed brow. ::)
My 20mm wheel spacers just arrived and will be getting my rear fenders rolled tomorrow by Dylan780.
Should get this all mounted up on the weekend and I can be rid of my anemic stance.  ;)

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Dylan780 did a great job rolling the fenders last night and I did a little test fit with the spacers, wheels look like they're going to be really flush to the fender.
Can't wait to put these on. Also caught a deal on an aftermarket mesh grille, slightly used but should arrive next Tuesday.
Once all this stuff goes on the car I will attempt to go "Cold Turkey" on spending money on mods for a while, the car has come a long way this year.
The only things beyond what has been mentioned above would be to get my factory wheels powder coated black once the winters wheels go back on, would like a black vinyl roof wrap and some more/better tint than the job I did.
I think that should sum up the build on this car, it isn't quite finished yet but I can see the end.
From what it was from the dealership to where I have it now I feel it's a much more enjoyable car, thinking when I have some new summer tires (next season) I might come out to an Auto-X event or two just for funsies.
Will drive & maintain this thing for 4-5 more years as I'm not concerned about resale and once it's paid for in full I will be looking to get something that would have lots more power and aftermarket support. I will post more pics once the spacers & grille go on so more updates to come.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Spacers look great on the car although now it looks like it needs to be lowered.  ::)
Also 20mm fits perfectly on the back wheels but the fronts seem to have ~5mm too much poke, might switch to 15mm or camber the fronts.
Won't make this call until I lower it.
I have also finally got the remote logging to work with my Tactrix OP2 and created my first log files.
After exporting them to my Virtual Dyno there seems to be some incorrect data (gear ratios) in the vehicle set up but I have now found the published (by Subaru) CVT "imaginary" gear ratios which should help get the graphs corrected. My first attempt had my HP maxing out way to early in the RPMs (like from 2-3k rpms).
Once I have this all sorted I will start doing logs for the different tunes (maps) that I have and will also do some testing with the E85 as unblended as I can do.
Tonight is a ball night so maybe get my first logs done tomorrow night on my current 91/93 tune on a full tank so the vehicle curb weight isn't wrong.
Would like to have some logs of the factory tune as well for comparisons sake.
Testing logs will be done as 2nd gear 2k-6.2k (or as close to red line as I'm comfortable) and 3rd gear 2k-6.2k with only myself in the vehicle and full tank of gas as a control.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
Well testing has gone out the window for the foreseeable future or at least until I get back from HOLIDAYS!!  O0
I do have some new mods in the works, C-mod grille for the front and some Panther Yellow Hella Sharptones.
Sharptones won't arrive until I'm back from holidays so I will tackle these two items at the same time.
Last day of work today then 2.5 weeks in Ontario for family reunions/parties and just some long deserved R&R.
See you all when I get back and I will post some pics up after my mods get done.