Author Topic: Fix For Clicking Clutch Pedal -08 up WRX  (Read 1823 times)

Offline hank75

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 09 WRX Hatch
Fix For Clicking Clutch Pedal -08 up WRX
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:24:18 am »
   This fix has worked on my car and may help others so I thought i would share. pretty simple fix for a noise that annoyed me.
 I am aware that there has been some issues with some spot welds in the bulk head where the clutch master cylinder mounts. This will not help that.
  So I have always, since I got the car, had an annoyance with the clutch pedal making a click at the initial press of the clutch pedal. Click only happens when you push it in but not when you release. It sounds, and has been believed, to be a switch. Though searches some have reported a new master cylinder has fixed it, but the noise had returned. What I found is that although it sounds like its in the pedal area, it is actually coming from the clutch master cylinder.
 What I found on my car is that with the assistance of someone reproducing the noise, it is coming from under the clutch master. I can feel the click right here. Under the master is a thin plate held in with a spring clip. i would imagine its for possibly access to the internals, but I'm not entirely sure.
 Anyways,  what I believe is causing the click is the flex of the thin plate,cir-clip and casting. The fix I found seems to have fixed it is to spray some spray grease under the master cylinder on the plate and work that around the clip. I used spray grease with the little straw and a thin hose that  i can flex to spray under the clutch master. Also used a little shop air to try and disperse the grease in between the clip/plate and casting.
 Its been about a week and a half and I have never heard the click since.