Author Topic: Compustar Firstech FT-7200S-CONT “START-IT” Installation Help – Reservation Mode  (Read 2099 times)

Offline 99 rs

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
The car is a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX manual transmission with no immobilizer (a regular full metal skinny key will start the car). Ignore the ADS module in the pictures below as it came with the unit for free. The picture is sideways for some reason.

I have installed a few of these and never really had an issue that I couldn’t sort out in 5 minutes of troubleshooting. This one has me stumped. I connected all of the wires and when I went to test the unit it just won’t go into reservation mode. Lock, unlock and all trigger wires (door, hood, e-brake, foot brake) function as expected.

When I pull the e-brake, take the key out, then open and close the door it shuts the car down but doesn’t lock the doors or go into reservation mode. See video below, at the end I try starting it (turn down volume as the chirps are ear-piercing):

Furthermore, I think it may be an issue with the door locks. When I set the e-brake, take the key out and then hit lock or unlock, the unit also shuts down and doesn’t enter reservation mode. But you don’t need door locks for it to start; you only need the door trigger wire which it sees correctly.

I googled a little bit and people say that it’s either the e-brake wire, hood pin, valet mode or door trigger issue however, all of those wires work since it shows correctly on the 2-way screen, ie. if I leave a door open it will show me on screen; same with the hood, etc. I also verified the tach wire works as when I start the car with the key and hit “query” on the remote, the 2-way remote indicates “car running”.

Has anyone ever had this issue? Should I just throw a new brain unit at it?

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
you need to buy an FT-DAS module for the 7200 series

http://www.compustar.com/remotestart-and-security/FT-DAS.php

I have one in stock and I can do $25.00 plus tax on it

its now required for all manual transmission installations. 7xxx+
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline 99 rs

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
STI 2NV, I came back from buying the FT-DAS at 12:30 pm (your post was at 1:51) otherwise I would have taken you up on the offer! I paid full sucker retail price at Autotemp....also, you get the cookie for correctly solving the issue first try.

…so I guess that’s what happens when I assume things. I read that the FT-DAS sensor was required but immediately assumed it was for coupling with an alarm system. Looking more closely now at the instructions it says for ANY manual transmission car you need the sensor. That's right, you need a shock and tilt sensor that you will never use on your remote starter. I bought one today, plugged it in and everything worked first time.