Author Topic: Nameless Axle-back w/5" mufflers for 2015 WRX  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Airboy

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • Airboy Tuning
  • Ride: 06 WRX
Nameless Axle-back w/5" mufflers for 2015 WRX
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:42:49 pm »
Finally got around to installing this "new to me" exhaust.  Nameless Performance offers quite a few options for their exhaust systems.  Things like the muffler size (or delete), tip diameter, tip construction (single/double wall) are all selectable.  This set had the 5" (quietest) mufflers and 3.5" staggered/double walled tips.  Also came with optional exhaust hangers.

Construction/welds looked good, fitment was also good, with the exhaust tips centered on the cutouts in the bumper.

How it sounds....  The overall level is slightly higher than stock, both at idle and cruising.  Opening the throttle and going to the upper RPM, the levels are still reasonable.  With the stock system there is a resonance in the cabin around 1500RPM when coasting down in gear.  That resonance is no longer....yay.

Didn't notice any drone during our trip to Canmore, at least in the Driver/passenger seat.  At highway speeds, tire and wind noise pretty much masks the exhaust noise.

Haven't decided on whether to change the mid-pipe or the j-pipe.  Either one of those parts will add to the decibel level of the exhaust.  Not to mention the cost is quite high, given the current exchange rate.

Time lapse video of the install.

Cold start.  Quiets down after the initial catalytic converter warm up phase.

Stock exhaust, full throttle

Nameless axle-back, full throttle

And the dyno chart.  Mostly a noise maker, as you would expect

Gain 50 ft-lbs, ask me how! :-)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Re: Nameless Axle-back w/5" mufflers for 2015 WRX
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:13:11 pm »
Awesome!! I'm a really big fan of the Nameless exhausts. Classic deep subie rumble at a fraction of the Invidia setups (for the GV at-least..)  I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon however, with our bad exchange rate :(

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:35:28 am »
I never tried just the axle back on my '15 STi, but the full catback is substantially louder than stock. I have the 5" mufflers as well, but mine are actually longer too, in an effort to further reduce the volume. It's so hard to know what to expect since everyone that buys one is like "it's not too loud at all!", but they have nothing to reference it to.

Offline gedarby011

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRX Black Subbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 02:31:42 pm »
Awesome!! I'm a really big fan of the Nameless exhausts. Classic deep subie rumble at a fraction of the Invidia setups (for the GV at-least..)  I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon however, with our bad exchange rate :(

Ya same here  :(
 Love the package deal and options you can pick for a turbo back system though! One day ^-^