Author Topic: Out Of Province Inspection Questions  (Read 1291 times)

Offline qwerty5434

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1996 WRX STi 2002 Forester XT
Out Of Province Inspection Questions
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:10:38 am »
Hi all,
My sister will be moving from Alberta to BC next week and I'm trying to get her vehicle (2006 Forester 2.5 N/A) ready for a BC out of province inspection. I have been following the checklist from my Alberta inpection (From when I imported my GC8). I've got it to the point where I'm confident it'll pass but I have a few questions:
Is there any major differences between the Alberta and BC inspection checklist? Any different emissions standards for BC?
Also, if anyone knows of a reputable shop for an OOP on Vancouver Island, specifically around the Victoria area, that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Offline SpdDmn

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
Re: Out Of Province Inspection Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:20:46 am »
Hi all,
My sister will be moving from Alberta to BC next week and I'm trying to get her vehicle (2006 Forester 2.5 N/A) ready for a BC out of province inspection. I have been following the checklist from my Alberta inpection (From when I imported my GC8). I've got it to the point where I'm confident it'll pass but I have a few questions:
Is there any major differences between the Alberta and BC inspection checklist? Any different emissions standards for BC?
Also, if anyone knows of a reputable shop for an OOP on Vancouver Island, specifically around the Victoria area, that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Alberta has no emissions standards, while BC does.

...Well, TIL!
The provincial government and TransLink decided to wind up the program in 2014 and end it. This was due to the advent of cleaner vehicle and fuel technologies, which had made AirCare redundant. Over the program's 22-year run, it claimed to have reduced vehicle emissions in its service area by 31%.

I saw this recently on the SF.org forums:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f84/vancouver-independent-mechanic-shops-511154/
Not the Island, but she must be driving through there to get to Victoria, right?
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390